Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency

Go down

PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency Empty PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency

Post by GirlBye Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:49 am

PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency BarzanimeetingsBaghdad
The Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region, Nechirvan Barzani, met with various Iraqi party leaders in Baghdad, Sep. 22, 2018.

The Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region, Nechirvan Barzani, on Saturday held a series of meetings with six different Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss the formation of the new government and consider nominees for the post of President of Iraq.

The Kurdish official’s visit came hours after meeting the newly-elected Parliament Speaker of Iraq, Mohammed al-Halbousi, in Erbil.

Barzani, who is also the deputy head of the Kurdistan Region’s leading party - the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) - first met with Ammar al-Hakim, the head of the Hikma (Wisdom) movement, whose party won 19 seats in the May 12 elections.

On the agenda were subjects related to the current political situation in Iraq: stability, public services, unresolved issues between Erbil and Baghdad, and the Iraqi constitution, according to Barzani’s press office.

The two Sunni and Shia parties highlighted the need for a representational, balanced government, which would operate on consensus and rely on cross-sectarian partnerships to govern Iraq, in a way that involves all components of the country.

Barzani also met incumbent Prime Minister of Iraq and head of Nasr (Victory) coalition, Haider al-Abadi, whose alliance came in third in the election with 42 seats.

The two premiers discussed the state of relations between Erbil and Baghdad, and how a new government of Iraq would work to address the concerns of the people regarding security, reconstruction efforts, and employment.

The election of Iraq’s President and Prime Minister, as well as the implementation of the Iraqi Constitution, were also on the agenda for the meeting with Abadi, who is likely unable to secure a second term as head of state.

Both party leaders agreed that Iraq’s new government should be able to combat future threats and protect the achievements and victories gained by the Kurdish Peshmerga and Iraqi forces in the fight against the Islamic State (IS).
The top Kurdish official also met with the vice-President of Iraq and head of State of Law Coalition, Nouri al-Maliki, who won 26 seats in the spring vote.

PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency Malik3
The Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region, Nechirvan Barzani, met with the vice-President of Iraq and head of State of Law Coalition, Nouri al-Maliki, in Baghdad, Sep. 22, 2018. (Photo: KRG)

In his meeting with Maliki, Barzani lobbied further on the formation of the new Iraqi government and the post of President of Iraq, which traditionally goes to the Kurds. 
According to analysts, the Kurds will have the “main word” in choosing the next prime minister because they are the swing vote between the Shia blocs.

PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency Falihfayyadh34
The Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region, Nechirvan Barzani, met with Iraqi Shia leader, Falih al-Fayyad, in Baghdad, Sep. 22, 2018. (Photo: KRG)

As such, Barzani also met Iraqi Shia leader Falih al-Fayyad and Hadi al-Amiri, a prominent Shia militia commander and the head of al-Fatih (Conquest) Coalition, whose alliance secured 48 seats in the Iraqi parliament, coming in close second to influential cleric Muqtada al-Sadr’s Sairoon Coalition.
PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency AmiriBarzani354
The Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region, Nechirvan Barzani, met with Hadi al-Amiri, a prominent Shia militia commander and the head of al-Fatih (Conquest) Coalition in Baghdad, Sep. 22, 2018. (Photo: KRG)

Once more, parties were in agreement regarding the need for cooperation between Iraqi parties, to preserve the principles of fair and inclusive representation in Iraq, as well as securing and protecting the rights of all components in the country.
Barzani’s last meeting was with Ayad Allawi, the head of al-Wataniya, with 21 seats in the Iraqi parliament.
For the two more secular parties, to be successful, the new government of Iraq would require the ability to properly handle the multitude of challenges the country faces and adequately represent the interest of all minorities and peoples of Iraq.

PM Barzani meets with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad to discuss gov. formation, presidency AyadAllawiBarzani35
The Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region, Nechirvan Barzani, met with Ayad Allawi, the head of al-Wataniya in Baghdad, Sep. 22, 2018. (Photo: KRG)

According to the traditional system of power-sharing in Iraq, the Prime Minister's post is held by a member of the Shia community, a Sunni Iraqi is speaker of parliament, and a Kurd holds the presidency.

Despite the elections being held in May, a mired vote-counting process and complicated political landscape have pushed the formation of a new government down the line, with competing factions failing to reach an agreement and resume work to address the country’s growing public service and unemployment crisis, notably in the southern Basra province. 

Iraq’s new lawmakers have only recently been able to choose a parliamentary speaker and his deputies, triggering the countdown for the Iraqi presidency and prime ministership’s constitutionally-mandated appointment deadline. 

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/8a236ee0-3702-40e4-b0c6-05f9938ae218
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum