Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe

2 posters

Go down

Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe Empty Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe

Post by phantomssecret Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:08 pm

Bobby Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce

Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay for Food Network Magazine

Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe

Total Time:
55 min
Prep
15 min
Inactive
30 min
Cook
10 min

Yield:
6 servings

Level:
Easy

Ingredients
For the Sauce:

* 1 cup Greek yogurt
* 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (Bobby likes cabrales)
* 2 tablespoons finely grated red onion
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
* Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

For the Wings:

* Peanut oil, for frying
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3 tablespoons ancho chili powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 3 pounds chicken wings, split at the joint, tips removed
* 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
* 1 to 2 tablespoons pureed chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
* 1 tablespoon New Mexico chili powder
* 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
* 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
* 1 stick unsalted butter, quartered
* Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
* Jicama sticks, for serving

Directions

Make the sauce: Combine the yogurt, blue cheese, red onion, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld.

Make the wings: Heat 2 inches of peanut oil in a large high-sided pan until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375 degrees F.

Stir together the flour, salt and pepper to taste, 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder and the garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Season the wings with salt and pepper and add in batches to the flour mixture to lightly coat. Tap off the excess flour, add the wings to the oil in batches and fry until golden brown and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate.

Bring the vinegar, chipotle puree, the remaining 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder and the New Mexico chili powder to a simmer in a large high-sided saute pan over medium heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in the mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, the honey and butter until smooth. Add the wings and toss to coat. Garnish with cilantro, if desired, and serve with the jicama sticks and blue cheese sauce.

Photograph by Con Poulos

©Television Food Network G.P.
All Rights Reserved.
Ingredients
For the Sauce:

* 1 cup Greek yogurt
* 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (Bobby likes cabrales)
* 2 tablespoons finely grated red onion
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro

For the Wings:

* Peanut oil, for frying
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3 tablespoons ancho chili powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 3 pounds chicken wings, split at the joint, tips removed
* 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
* 1 to 2 tablespoons pureed chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
* 1 tablespoon New Mexico chili powder
* 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
* 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
* 1 stick unsalted butter, quartered
* Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
* Jicama sticks, for serving

Directions

Make the sauce: Combine the yogurt, blue cheese, red onion, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld.

Make the wings: Heat 2 inches of peanut oil in a large high-sided pan until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375 degrees F.

Stir together the flour, salt and pepper to taste, 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder and the garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Season the wings with salt and pepper and add in batches to the flour mixture to lightly coat. Tap off the excess flour, add the wings to the oil in batches and fry until golden brown and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate.

Bring the vinegar, chipotle puree, the remaining 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder and the New Mexico chili powder to a simmer in a large high-sided saute pan over medium heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in the mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, the honey and butter until smooth. Add the wings and toss to coat. Garnish with cilantro, if desired, and serve with the jicama sticks and blue cheese sauce.

Photograph by Con Poulos
 Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe FNM_010110-Wings-009-B_s4x3_lg

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/bobby-flays-hot-wings-with-blue-cheese-yogurt-sauce-recipe/index.html
phantomssecret
phantomssecret
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe Empty Re: Flay's Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt Sauce Recipe

Post by Ponee Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:12 am

Sounds like a good GAME DAY food !

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum