Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar

Go down

Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar Empty Vietnam - State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar

Post by lexie Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:54 pm

September 28, 2011

State Bank authorises more gold imports as prices soar

The State Bank of Viet Nam has designated businesses that will be allowed to import additional gold in an effort to cool down the domestic price.

The bank said on Monday that gold price had dropped to its lowest level in weeks to just US$1,532.45 per ounce on global markets – from a record high of $1,920 per ounce on September 6 – leading to dramatic fluctuations on the domestic market. The result has been a domestic gold price that has remained for weeks much higher than the world price.

On Monday afternoon, after plummeting to VND43 million ($2,067.30) per tael, the domestic gold price quickly soared to VND45 million ($2,163.46) per tael – VND4 million ($192.3) per tael above the global price. (One tael is equivalent to 1.2 ounces).

At the same time, the exchange rate between the Vietnamese dong and the US dollar also spiked dramatically on the black market, rising to VND21,300 per dollar, even as interbank and official rates remained at VND20,628 and VND20,834, respectively.

The new gold imports, by increasing supply, were expected to help stabilise some of these fluctuations.

However, Nguyen Thanh Truc, general director of Agribank Gold Joint Stock Co, warned that gold traders would continue to be able to set their own prices without management from authorities, and some companies might continue to hold supplies back from the market, contributing to price manipulation.

By late yesterday, DOJI Gold and Germs Group was posting buy/sell prices of VND45.05 million/VND44.6 5 million per tael, while the world spot price on the London Bullion Market was $1,649.90 an ounce. The black market foreign exchange rate had also eased back to VND21,270 per dollar.

Eximbank general director Truong Van Phuoc said that it was necessary to import more gold to cool down the overheated domestic market, noting that domestic commercial banks were holding a significant quantity of US dollars, so the additional gold imports would not affect foreign currency reserves.

Meanwhile, Tran Thanh Hai, general director of the Viet Nam Gold Business Co, suggested that the central bank issue gold certificates to sell to individuals at prices below the market price, discouraging citizens from buying and selling gold on the market and incurring risks, while helping the country retain its foreign currency reserves.

State Bank deputy governor Nguyen Dong Tien also revealed yesterday that the central bank would submit its final draft of a decree on the gold market to the Government for approval this week. Under the draft, the State Bank would control and intervene in the gold market if needed, preventing speculation and price manipulation. Trading in gold bars would also be restrained, Tien said.

Individuals and organisations who wanted to do business in gold jewelry or artworks would be required to establish enterprises and meet several stringent requirements, he added. Meanwhile, the central bank has warned investors to be wary of speculation and manipulation when trading in gold.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2011/09/state-bank-authorises-more-gold-imports.html#more

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum