Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra

Go down

The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra Empty The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra

Post by RamblerNash Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:57 pm

The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra

'' Tehran pumps salt water '' ...

03/07/2018 - 19:52 Iraq

The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra 770be8ec6c2a419b96aa791f35162eac_L

The Ministry of Water Resources warned of the escalation of salinity rates in the Shatt al-Arab in Basra because of the pumping of salt water to the Iraqi side, while the country is facing a drought crisis led to clan disputes south.

Two years ago, Iraq was forced to build a 80-kilometer-long earth cover at the Shalamjah border crossing with Iran to prevent the arrival of highly salty Iranian saline water to the Shatt al-Arab, while officials last month warned of the collapse of the embankment.

The Ministry of Water Resources said in a statement yesterday that «the province of Basra suffers a tragic situation because of the high salinity of Shatt al-Arab, which reached high rates prevent the continuation of use in the usual form». The ministry pointed out that "the concentration of salts in the area of ​​Sehan, (the historical site of the mouth of the Karun River in the Shatt al-Arab), reached 25000 ppm compared to 2000 ppm in the area of ​​two brochures in the Upper Shatt. This is due to two reasons: The period of the year from the Iranian side, as happened in previous years, as well as the high tide that drives the water in the direction of the center of the city of Basra ».

The Ministry of Water announced that it had recently completed the operation of the Shatt al-Arab irrigation canal, which provides water for irrigation and drinking on both sides of the coast, from the Katban area to Ras al-Bisha and through Abu al-Khasib.

She pointed out that «is continuing to rehabilitate and maintain the water channel Basra (channel bid'ah) that deliver drinking water to the province».

The ministry stressed that it "will spare no effort in providing its services to the city of Basra," stressing that "it decided more than a year ago to increase the share of Basra from water to 75 cubic meters per second," calling on the Iranian side to "stop pumping saline water in the Shatt al-Arab , And the launch of a certain percentage of the fresh revenue in the Karon Karkh rivers ».

In another context, the Minister of Water Resources Hassan al-Janabi said that «Basra has no options for the provision of drinking water, but the establishment of desalination plants sea water», and advised to do so as soon as possible.

He stressed that «the implementation of such projects rests with the local government and the Ministry of Housing and Municipalities».

Iraq faces a drought this summer, the harshest since decades, after Turkey began filling the Aliso dam on the Tigris River. Tribal conflicts erupted over water in the south of the country, where the people living on agriculture were unable to get enough of them.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/ar/news/iraq/449043

The rising salinity of Shatt al-Arab exacerbates the drought crisis in Basra 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum