Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III

Go down

(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III Empty (Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III

Post by RamblerNash Sun May 13, 2018 3:09 pm

(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III

According to unofficial preliminary results ...

13/05/2018 - 11:16 Iraq

(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III 2af36f42d12ac2ab9c275656667f391d_L

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi's list appears to be advancing in parliamentary elections, followed by a list of prominent Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, a senior Iraqi official said on Sunday.

According to Reuters, the two sources were based on preliminary informal results.

Iraqis voted on Saturday in the first election since the defeat of an al-Qaeda organization in the country. The final official results are expected on Monday.

The voter turnout was 44.52 percent, with 92 percent of votes counted, much lower than in previous elections, the commission said.

Abadi, an ally of the United States and Iran, was mainly concerned with defeating powerful Shiite political groups that would seek to make Iraq closer to Iran, not including Sadr's alliance.

Ebadi competed with his predecessor, Nuri al-Maliki and Hadi al-Amiri, commander of the main armed Shiite faction, both closer to Iran than him.

Preliminary unofficial results compiled by Reuters reporters in the southern provinces also indicate that Sadr, who led violent confrontations against US forces from 2003 to 2011, appears to be performing strongly.

If Sadr's list comes in second, this result will be a surprise return. Sadr is popular among young men, the poor and destitute, but other influential Shi'ite figures backed by Iran such as Amiri have marginalized him.

Sadr formed an unusual alliance with communists and independents who favor secularism and joined protests in 2016 to press the government to stamp out corruption.

Sadr's influence is attributed to, among others, his family. His father, Grand Ayatollah Mohammad Sadiq al-Sadr, was killed in 1999 for opposing Saddam Hussein. Saddam's cousin, Mohammed Baqir al-Sadr, was also killed in 1980.

Regardless of the winner, he will deal with the implications of US President Donald Trump's decision to withdraw from Iran's nuclear deal, a move that has raised Iraqis' fears that their country would become a battleground for Washington-Tehran conflict.

Balance

Abadi, who took power four years ago after a pro-Iraqi organization controlled one-third of Iraqi territory, won US military support for the Iraqi army to defeat the militant group but at the same time opened the door to Iran's support for militant Shi'ite factions fighting the group.

If Abadi is elected as prime minister, he will remain under pressure to maintain this balance amid tension between Washington and Tehran over the nuclear deal.

Some Iraqis believe that Abbadi, an architect who studied in Britain, lacks charisma and is ineffective. Abbadi did not have a strong political entity of his own when he took office.

But the prime minister's position has improved after a daunting defeat and his campaign against corruption.

Even if Abbadi's victory list wins most seats, he will have to negotiate a coalition government that must be reached within 90 days of the election.

The Badr Organization, led by al-Amiri, has played a major role in the fight against the organization of the Islamic state, but some Iraqis resent its close ties to Tehran. Amiri spent more than 20 years opposing Saddam from exile in Iran.

The source in the Electoral Commission and the security official said Amiri's list is expected to be replaced in third place.

The preliminary results of the Iraqi legislative elections in the city of Erbil and Dahuk, has revealed yesterday evening progress of the Kurdistan Democratic Party led by Massoud Barzani, the rest of the parties and coalitions of Kurdistan.

The Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) ranked fourth in Iraq in a survey conducted by the Iraqi Center for Strategic Studies on the Iraqi legislative elections.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/ar/news/iraq/436737

(Updated) Agency: Abadi leads the Iraqi elections followed by Sadr and Amiri III 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum