Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative

2 posters

Go down

IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative Empty IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative

Post by RamblerNash Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:44 pm

IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative

IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative Image

12-04-2018 11:27 AM

IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde warned Thursday of the risks of rising debt in countries where China invests in the context of its large-scale program to carry out infrastructure projects abroad in an effort to cement its trade ties.

Lagarde warned in a speech in Beijing for a forum on the New Silk Road Initiative, a major project launched by Chinese President Xi Jinping in 2013 to set up roads, harbors, railways and industrial parks in Asia, Africa and the Middle East to reach Europe.

Although the initiative, which already includes 70 countries, is initially based on joint investments with the parties concerned, many of these workshops are actually financed by loans granted by Chinese institutions. Some Western countries see this as a deliberate strategy of China to consolidate and expand its influence.

Lagarde, speaking to an audience of Chinese and foreign officials, acknowledged that 'silk roads' could meet the 'critical need for infrastructure' in different parts of the world and provide funding to countries that are 'desperately needed'.

However, she warned that these partnerships 'could also lead to increased indebtedness (to the countries concerned) and reduce their other expenses as debt costs increase.' In countries facing already high public debt, dealing with Financing conditions by precautionary measures. '

In fact, China's public development banks and other financial institutions in Asia's first economic power are lending large sums to fund projects in the 'New Silk Road' countries, putting borrowing countries in a financial position they can not face.

This applies to Sri Lanka, which received huge loans from China to build a port, forcing it under the pressure of a 'spiral of indebtedness' to give up its share in the port of China specifically.

Lagarde called for more collective investment and greater transparency, stressing that "silk roads should not be led where they should not."

"In large-scale projects, there is a tendency to take advantage of supply entitlements," she said. "There is always the risk of some projects failing or the risk of misappropriation of funds. Sometimes it even reaches the level of corruption. '

However, Xi Jinping himself responded Tuesday to criticism of his plan at the Boao Forum, and said according to the official New China News Agency that the initiative 'is neither a Marshall Plan nor a Chinese plot. It is an initiative that follows its course in broad daylight. '

http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=166980

IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative Empty Re: IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative

Post by Kevind53 Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:04 am

I might add, large sums that according to the best analysts in the industry, they don't have to begin with. China is a bit of a hard nut to crack, and a lot of financial analysis is at least to a degree guess work, since the government controls the banks, the news, the markets, everything and everyone who might provide information in the financial and other sectors. Every analysis I have seen though points toward there being serious financial issues as a result of government overspending on defense and infrastructure.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative 2805820865  IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative 2805820865  IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative 2805820865  IMF warns countries involved in China Silk Road initiative 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum