Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

What's On Your Bucket List? DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

What's On Your Bucket List?

+27
tamharris
phantomssecret
red88lx
warvet91
frankl
Dr. Linda
ETFlash
Rich Queen
g a p
pgo
Herb Lady
justpassntime
dinarling77
WilliamB
Angel7
SEBtopdog
Bikertrash
rhondak
Catherine
kenbo
smith
Cardiac99
openmind
godsfool713
sncpitts
moosetracks
jubalation
31 posters

Go down

What's On Your Bucket List? Empty What's On Your Bucket List?

Post by jubalation Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:01 pm

We are so close to RV, a lot of our dreams can finally be realized. Things we always wanted to do, now we can. So what is something you have always wanted to do, for how long, and why?

When I was 14 and on a trip with my grandparents to California, we stopped at the Grand Canyon. Ever since, I have wanted to take a mule ride to the bottom of the canyon and camp overnight. I have been back to the canyon one time for 1/2 day and the majesty and beauty of it is unbelievable. I will take that mule ride.
jubalation
jubalation
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What's On Your Bucket List? Empty Re: What's On Your Bucket List?

Post by moosetracks Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Oh my gosh I want to do that too! I have always wanted to stay and follow an elephant herd to first hand document their habits. I want to follow the re-established grizzly bear route from Yellowstone to Canada. Galapagos YAY!!!!!
Antartica YAY!!!
moosetracks
moosetracks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sncpitts Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:17 pm

Sunseeker 130 Predator!
sncpitts
sncpitts

View user profile http://www.tdarkcabal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by godsfool713 Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:32 pm

Helicopter ride from the Las Vegas airport, to the Grand Canyon !!!!
its beautiful !!! and you go over the Hoover Dam,

then you land in the canyon, and have a
Champagne lunch, and watch the water rafters, go by!!

jubalation wrote:We are so close to RV, a lot of our dreams can finally be realized. Things we always wanted to do, now we can. So what is something you have always wanted to do, for how long, and why?

When I was 14 and on a trip with my grandparents to California, we stopped at the Grand Canyon. Ever since, I have wanted to take a mule ride to the bottom of the canyon and camp overnight. I have been back to the canyon one time for 1/2 day and the majesty and beauty of it is unbelievable. I will take that mule ride.
godsfool713
godsfool713
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by openmind Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:34 pm

RON PAUL 2012

"People want to see real hope restored, not false hope hyped up!" ---Me

"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it."---Dinar Pumpers
openmind
openmind
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiac99 Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:49 pm

About 20 years ago, I owned a small beer bar. One of my regular customers took his wife to Cancun for Christmas. When they came back, he had a bandage on his forehead. When I asked him what happened, he explained that he had swam into a barstool. I asked him what a barstool was doing in the pool and he proceeded to tell me about the bars that they have in the swimming pools at some of the hotels. Since then, I have always wanted to go there. Hope I don't come home with an injury like his, though.
Cardiac99
Cardiac99
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by smith Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:11 pm

I want to meet and get a picture with three people, so if anyone has the hook up, pm me.

1) Nikki Giovanni "We are Virginia Tech." If you don't know what that means, you don't know who she is.

2) Dick Morris

3) Benjamin Netanyahu

Oh, yeah, gotta zip line in Costa Rica or Hawaii before I get too old and fat. hemademe

smith
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kenbo Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:12 pm

moosetracks wrote:Oh my gosh I want to do that too! I have always wanted to stay and follow an elephant herd to first hand document their habits. I want to follow the re-established grizzly bear route from Yellowstone to Canada. Galapagos YAY!!!!!
Antartica YAY!!!
nice plans... may you experience all that you seek and more..But a small piece of advice..when you follow the elephant herd...follow more to the side than directly behind...lol
Go RV!
kenbo
kenbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Cardiac~I have been to Mexico a lot and the swim-up bars rock! I had my blow up raft complete with about 18 little cuppie holders in it~I just floated on over and got my drink on! There were no bar stools in the pool LOL! Go to any of the all-inclusive ones-all food and drinks are free (included.) South of Cancun (Mayan Riviera) is awesome and peaceful. Just don't tell too many people about it thus get it overpopulated like the college kids' Cancun trips Smile

Last edited by Catherine on Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondak Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:04 pm

Jubalation...the Grand Canyon is amazing, I have been there several times in the past few years with family. Most recently in May of this year and although I never did the Mule Ride we hiked the trails. The train ride from Williams to the Canyon is excellent, especially around the holidays for kids and adults. Staying at the El Tovar is like stepping back in history. I think it opened around 1905. There are also other nice places and some more accomodating to families. Your plans sound exciting!

We are in Phoenix so Cali, Vegas and some of Colorado have been great trips and good memories. My dream is the French Riviera. We have some invested friends and a group of about eight of us are planning to go. Two of the couples are affluent in French and one of the couples is English and knows France like the back of his hand. We've got it covered!!

For us it's always been a dream and after the RV I can't think of another place to destress!! Just put me in that sultry Mediterranean of beautiful sunsets and deep blue azure water and I may never want to come home!!
rhondak
rhondak
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bikertrash Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:17 pm

A new bucket.

Bikertrash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:20 pm

My family is from Ireland. I'd like to rent a cottage near the sea and spend at least a month there taking day trips and getting to really know the people. Last time I was there was on a tour ... nice for an overview of the perimeter of the country, but not enough time in any one place. I do understand now how hard it must have been for my relatives to leave their homeland. Ireland is a very hard land to leave ... but a piece of the old sod does stay in one's heart forever.
:flower:

What's On Your Bucket List? Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

What's On Your Bucket List? Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondak Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:28 pm

SEBtopdog, I can really hear the yearning in your heart. I have some friends who are Irish and have seen the pictures from their trips back home. You're right--it is beautiful!
rhondak
rhondak
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel7 Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:43 pm

I have soooooooo many things on my list that I'm going to live forever!!!

The 1st thing is to live to be 120+

2 is to have fun and play local instruments, learn a dance and prayer from as many countries as I can visit in this lifetime.... and to share that fun with the people I love

3 Help Create Beauty, Laughter, Love and Joy wherever I go

I'll add more later! lolololol!
Angel7
Angel7
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamB Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:09 pm

simple, a bigger house to hold all of us, our house is very small and difficult to maneuver in for all of us....and purchase my dream car from the 80's....but I do have a friend that's homeless right now and I want to help him as well as donate the funds necessary for another friend's nephew that needs a new liver..also give to my dear departed friend and co-worker for many years church...

William

WilliamB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sncpitts Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:42 pm

rhondak wrote: My dream is the French Riviera.
For us it's always been a dream and after the RV I can't think of another place to destress!! Just put me in that sultry Mediterranean of beautiful sunsets and deep blue azure water and I may never want to come home!!

I have been there before and it is really nice....total opulence. After I get my boat I plan on chartering it out there come summer time you should certainly look into chartering it since you will be able to afford it!
sncpitts
sncpitts

View user profile http://www.tdarkcabal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarling77 Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:51 pm

WilliamB wrote:simple, a bigger house to hold all of us, our house is very small and difficult to maneuver in for all of us....and purchase my dream car from the 80's....but I do have a friend that's homeless right now and I want to help him as well as donate the funds necessary for another friend's nephew that needs a new liver..also give to my dear departed friend and co-worker for many years church...

William

Don't leave us hanging, what is that dream car from the 80's?

• Your favorite (DID) Dissociative Identity Disorder DDD member
dinarling77
dinarling77
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamB Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:53 pm

give ya a hint...it was a poster on the wall of most teenagers in the 80's, myself included...that should pretty much give you the answer alien

Last edited by WilliamB on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total

WilliamB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassntime Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:59 pm

Cardiac99 and Catherine

They have a pool bar at Silverwood Amusement Park north of Coeur D Alene Idaho. It also has a built in river to leisurely tube or raft in. One advantage of the pool bar is you never have to leave to use the restroom. hanghead

My bucket list...

Go to Australia

See a whale migration

Anything worth having is worth waiting for. Wink
If you can't laugh at yourself, you probably see no humor in anything. 🤡
Things you should never talk about on OOM, they will surely start an argument, religion, politics and the rv. Rolling Eyes

Currency Revaluation Awareness Propaganda Analyst :study:

What's On Your Bucket List? Flag-212What's On Your Bucket List? Screen53
Army---Navy----Air Force-----Marines---Coast Guard
justpassntime
justpassntime
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herb Lady Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:17 am

I just would love to find another place in the country with a good source of water, plenty of room for hunting and fishing for my boys, and of course plenty of room for gardening. I want my children, grand children, as well as future generations, friends and other family members to know that no matter what they always have a place to go should they want or need to.

Contributions will be made to the local safe house for abused women and children, as well as their outreach counseling program. Contributions will also be made to the local animal shelters, especially the no kill shelter near my area.

Then I'm going to work on my book and my gardening business. I don't have oodles of dinar so I will most likely have to continue to work at the job where I am currently employed for a bit, but that's ok too.
Herb Lady
Herb Lady
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pgo Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:09 pm

I will take a white water rafting trip, zip line across Costa Rica, and probably take that trip to Italy with my daughter. I had to cancel a three day hiking trip in Peru due to an injury, so will probably look at that again.

A summer home in WA. with water in front of me, mountains behind me. Time on the water, hiking, yes.... A place that provides enjoyment for family and friends.

I will again take in foster children, but this time will make the switch from hard to place teens to the infant and toddler group. I really want to work at getting the people that can afford to care for these children to consider this, rather that relegating to those that do so in order to supplement their income. (Never did figure out how they able to do this.)

Get another dog, I had a sheperd mix for fourteen years, I think he was one of my guardian angels in disquise. He was in front of me more than once, before I even knew I needed him in front of me. I miss him a lot...

Lots of good things in front of us all....
pgo
pgo
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiac99 Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:43 am

First off, the Cowboy Church that I attend has outgrown our builcing due to rising membership and attendance. Sizeable contribution to the building fund.
My wife and I have been without transportation for a few months now and we have a friend who has always made sure that my wife got to work and back home safely. She does this in a big 1-ton van that used to belong to a group home. It gets about 7 miles to the gallon. She gets a nice van for herself and her 3 adopted children.
The last time my oldest brother had a new vehicle was 1970, he still drives that truck. He gets a new truck.
My wife and I are going to buy an acreage for our horse/cattle ranch (40-100 acres) and make the aforementioned brother a partner in it. He recently lost his wife of 48 years. My wife and his wife were going to open a diner, this will be done in her memoriam. It will be named after her.
Almost forgot to mention this. Wife wants a new Chevy Equinox and an I-Pod. I also will get a new truck.
The rest is for investment to secure our futures and help others as we see fit.
Cardiac99
Cardiac99
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What's On Your Bucket List? Empty oh my .what to do with it.

Post by g a p Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:05 am

Well, first I'll give a large share to the church . it's a small church with about 100 members, maybe 100Gs........
I used to work part-time at H.Depot, Canada in the lumber department for 4 years . part-time (by choice, as I am retired and tired). I thought to give each of the 100 or so present employees $100 gift card. H.Depot has a Homer Fund that employees can donate to, and Home Depot will match it. If the employee donates that gift card to the Homer Fund (which supports needy members and families world-wide), Home Depot matches it. Hypothetically speaking, if all employees "pay-it-forward", this would be $20,000 for the fund... I would do this Anonymously thru the manager.

I then would match again all that was forwarded, potentially another 10,000. As a thank-you to all the employees who did so graciously give up their gift, I would reward them with a $25 gift card (and also a free $5 Subway meal) from "Subway" which is located in our Canadian stores... Some may elect to keep the $100 . that's okay too .some have a need.
So potentially, everyone is a winner, and at a small cost to me of only 32,500.

I will have enough for 5 lifetimes ............ through the grace of God.

This is only one of my plans, after helping out and setting up my family.

g a p

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamB Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:40 am

I'd love to stay the weekend in an old English or Scottish castle... oh, and dream car from the 80's, a Countach of course bigsmile

William

WilliamB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Queen Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:57 am

Cave tubing in Belize:

And elephant back safaris in South Africa

Rich Queen
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ETFlash Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:47 am

1 Tithe + 1% back to the Provider
2 Give away 4% to Wounded Warriors, hungry children, St. Judes Children's Hospital, scholarships, etc.
3 take all 25 kids, grandkids, and their spouses on a cruise (all suites, of course) (done this once minus the suites)
4 Wife and I trip to Great Britian, cruise British Isles and Baltic Sea cruise to St. Petersburg
5 build a new house closer to some of our kids when either of us goes to be with our Father, and make it our home
6 Set up trusts and foundations to provide a legacy for our children and grandchildren
7 Surprise local people with help with groceries and Christmas gifts
8 Continually praise Him for all His gifts and the Gift of eternal life
9 Have fun filled last days on this earth which we are going to do anyway

Always remember that we cannot out give God!!!!

ETFlash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pgo Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:06 am

I think I want to add the Elephant Safari to my list! Looks wonderful!! 🐘
pgo
pgo
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarling77 Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:57 am

WilliamB wrote:give ya a hint...it was a poster on the wall of most teenagers in the 80's, myself included...that should pretty much give you the answer alien

Oh, the Farah Fawcett model? Razz Very Happy :shock:

• Your favorite (DID) Dissociative Identity Disorder DDD member
dinarling77
dinarling77
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Linda Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:03 am

The first things we will do, after our tithes, our gifts to our present and former churches, our families, and our charities like The 700 Club and Operation Blessing, is begin to set up my business and my practice for my retirement. As a nutraceutical formulator, nutritional product developer, nutritionist and naturopathic doctor, my customers are begging me to set up a foundation for the longevity of my company and write a book.

So, my husband and I will take many trips, cruises, and vacations, so that I can write my book and have plenty of time to relax and have fun! We plan on going to Ireland (where our ancestors came from), and traveling all over Europe again, like we did in our college days.

Then, we want to buy season tickets to all the OU football games (University of Oklahoma)!!!!!!
:cherry: :cherry: :cherry: :cherry: :cherry: :cherry: :cherry: :cherry: :cherry: :cherry:

And, I want to buy an iPad for myself and every one of my grandchildren!!!!

Most importantly, I want to be a blessing to others, to inspire them to know and understand the potential that God has placed inside each of them! Thank you, OKIE, for inspiring and encouraging us in this ride, thank you, Marcy, for telling me about this investment, and thank you, President Bush, V.P. Cheney, Iraq, and Dr. Shabibi, for making it all possible!

:queen:
Dr. Linda
Dr. Linda
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frankl Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:00 am

Rich Queen wrote:Cave tubing in Belize:

And elephant back safaris in South Africa

I just went cave tubing in Belize and it was amazing! All the Mayan artifacts still in the cave that are crystallized, just something you gotta do... Oh and just a "tip"when your there cave tubing rite next to the place where you cave tube they make home made Belize Nachos and I have never had nachos like that in my life! lol Its what nachos are supposed to taste like Wink You will have fun

frankl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by warvet91 Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:11 pm

"If you want something you've never had before, do something you've never done before..."

So I invested in Dinar, hoping one day I would see a return that would allow me to do what I've always wanted to do...

1) Pay all my debts, past and present
2) Buy a new truck
3) Build my dream home in Idaho and...

4) After all these years, finally be able to travel to Japan, South Korea and Australia.
warvet91
warvet91

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by red88lx Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:34 pm

1: pay off debts {everything }
2: take care of the kids so they wont have to struggle in life
3:buy mama a new ride
4:take my parents back to italy and have a great time they are getting up there in age
5:buy my corvette and cruise route 66 from end to end with my beautiful wife
6:buy mama the new house she wants
7:this should really be #2 help out close freinds and family that need it
8:RETIRE
red88lx
red88lx
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:08 pm

So many inspiring priorities on everyone's lists! Makes my little trip to Ireland for a month seem kind of puny. Nah, just kidding. I just enjoyed seeing what you all included in your dreams.

What's On Your Bucket List? Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

What's On Your Bucket List? Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What's On Your Bucket List? Empty Maybe a New Outfit that makes a Statemenet People could relate to?

Post by phantomssecret Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:11 pm

What's On Your Bucket List? Ss_101770826

Last edited by phantomssecret on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
phantomssecret
phantomssecret
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by red88lx Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:37 pm

williamb was it a smokey and the bandit trans am
red88lx
red88lx
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tamharris Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:40 pm

• Get COMPLETELY out of debt
    Set up trust funds for kids / grandkids
    Decide on 3 major charities to support on a regular basis
    Buy a small house/apartment for aging parents
    Travel to Ireland, Scotland, Italy

NOT WORRY about where the money is coming from to pay next month's bills!

tamharris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moosetracks Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:50 pm

This was a wonderful post everyone became so real our site may have some heated moments but we have the love
moosetracks
moosetracks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brysonite Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Cases of Scotch... groupdance

Brysonite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamB Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:31 pm

lol those are nice too, but this was a poster that almost every teenager had on their wall, A Lamborghini Countach

William

WilliamB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Queen Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:05 pm

On a more serious note, I want to hook Okie up with my sister who has a charity affiliated with the UN called "For Our Children's Sake". She has made massive inroads doing relief work in several African nations, and Okie wants to drill clean water wells over there. My husband is a contractor and he was thinking about building villages and providing housing over there too right before he met me. I want to get all of them together, several people I love very much, and make life better for my African brothers and sisters. We take clean water for granted here. And it is the difference between life and death.

What's On Your Bucket List? Africa_well

Rich Queen
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deegrose Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:12 pm

pay off all debts, and have a little fun Very Happy

Laughing

deegrose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:13 pm

I want to open my own philanthropic trust to give many many more times the amount I make in dinar rv through steady productive investment...along with helping family and close friends...rick152

All in annonimity
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoltUpright Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:17 pm

I would love to have a Bucket with an RV in it. I'm hoping that happens in our lifetime. Then I can create a list to put in that bucket.

"I sure do miss the good ol' days, back when the rate was $5.25 to GBP"
BoltUpright
BoltUpright
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down