Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» I am too pretty for math, but....
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:56 pm by Mission1st

» Interesting article
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:34 pm by Mission1st

» Phony Tony: New Platform, same old song and dance
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:32 pm by Mission1st

» The Craziness of Scam by "Tony TNT Renfrow" and the Iraqi Dinar Currency Scam
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2024 12:26 pm by Mission1st

» Even conspiratorial currency speculators aren’t buying a Russian ruble revalue - It’s not the next the Iraqi dinar
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2024 1:04 pm by RamblerNash

» Go Russia
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2024 5:20 am by Dorotnas

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 5:02 pm by Dorotnas

» Carnival Rides
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so...

+6
SEBtopdog
FreedomChaser
jubalation
coloradobound
bobbysac
Catherine
10 posters

Go down

OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... Empty OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so...

Post by Catherine Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:22 am

DID WE RV WHILE I WAS WORKING MY A** OFF?!?!?!?!
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... Empty Re: OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so...

Post by bobbysac Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:43 am

not that i can see catherine ,maybe today ,i hope

bobbysac
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... Empty Today??? who knows

Post by coloradobound Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:02 am

Have to wait until after Shabs speech this afternoon @ the WB
coloradobound
coloradobound

Back to top Go down

OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... Empty Re: OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so...

Post by jubalation Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:24 am

Graveyard shift is better than 2nd shift. Have worked both and especially hated 2nd shift. I went to work in mid afternoon when all my friends were still at work and got off at 11:00 at night when all my friends were asleep. It was a dull existence. Graveyard is a little better if you can get used to going to bed at the crack of dawn and getting up in the evening, then you can have some resemblance of a normal life. I was made to be a morning person, so shift work really screwed up my inner time clock.

I am glad you got a job and I hope this RV kicks butt soon so you can kiss the graveyard shift goodbye!!
jubalation
jubalation
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by FreedomChaser Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:52 am

Sorry no RV YET!!!

Some tips for handling those night shifts:

Drink plenty of water during your shift and be sure to eat something light before your morning bedtime. It should have protein, that way you won’t awaken and feel as though you’ve been hit by a truck due to low blood sugar and dehydration.

I found it helpful to do a short time on the treadmill prior to bedtime to help with sleeping during the day. Use a sound machine or a fan on ‘low’ to drown out the daytime noises. Some co-workers use those eye shades while sleeping, but that didn’t work for me!

Hope we have good news soon so you can decrease or maybe end those energy zapping hours! Good luck!

FreedomChaser

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Hey Catherine ... Good advice from the folks about how to survive the graveyard shift. Don't forget to keep humming that tune (very softly, of course):

TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVE IT. hemademe bigsmile

You'll be ready to sing it at the top of your lungs very soon ... I hope! You'll be joined in the chorus by a lot of us!
:flower:
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Sebtopdog,

I just we won't be singing "Another Saturday night and I ain't got money" tonight

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Thanks everyone :cheers: I've got graveyard shift #2 tonight (2nd ever in my life)...the people I work with are SO anal lol and make it seem like life or death-the list is huge for reasons for being let go/fired-and not just obvious stuff-little things. Then I was accused of calling a co-worker a b****...she is one of my favorites to work with (aka not a b****!) so no clue how that got to her :( I will probably see her there tonight-hope she decided I was telling the truth. NO WONDER I have loved working for myself for years!!! They really all need to CHILL OUT!!! :shock: chillout :shock:
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassntime Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:29 pm

jubalation wrote:Graveyard shift is better than 2nd shift. Have worked both and especially hated 2nd shift. I went to work in mid afternoon when all my friends were still at work and got off at 11:00 at night when all my friends were asleep. It was a dull existence. Graveyard is a little better if you can get used to going to bed at the crack of dawn and getting up in the evening, then you can have some resemblance of a normal life. I was made to be a morning person, so shift work really screwed up my inner time clock.

I am glad you got a job and I hope this RV kicks butt soon so you can kiss the graveyard shift goodbye!!

Got to agree with you on the 3rd vs 2nd shift. I now work a 10 hr swing and it is a killer. You have no life whatsoever.

Anything worth having is worth waiting for. Wink
If you can't laugh at yourself, you probably see no humor in anything. 🤡
Things you should never talk about on OOM, they will surely start an argument, religion, politics and the rv. Rolling Eyes

Currency Revaluation Awareness Propaganda Analyst :study:

OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... Flag-212OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... Screen53
Army---Navy----Air Force-----Marines---Coast Guard
justpassntime
justpassntime
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassntime Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Catherine wrote:Thanks everyone :cheers: I've got graveyard shift #2 tonight (2nd ever in my life)...the people I work with are SO anal lol and make it seem like life or death-the list is huge for reasons for being let go/fired-and not just obvious stuff-little things. Then I was accused of calling a co-worker a b****...she is one of my favorites to work with (aka not a b****!) so no clue how that got to her :( I will probably see her there tonight-hope she decided I was telling the truth. NO WONDER I have loved working for myself for years!!! They really all need to CHILL OUT!!! :shock: chillout :shock:

I think I worked with her! Be careful she is a b****! lol!

Anything worth having is worth waiting for. Wink
If you can't laugh at yourself, you probably see no humor in anything. 🤡
Things you should never talk about on OOM, they will surely start an argument, religion, politics and the rv. Rolling Eyes

Currency Revaluation Awareness Propaganda Analyst :study:

OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... Flag-212OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... Screen53
Army---Navy----Air Force-----Marines---Coast Guard
justpassntime
justpassntime
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:40 pm

To both Catherine and Justpassntime: Those late shifts are both tiring and stressful. What comes across in both your posts, although in completely different styles, is a strength, sense of humor and ability to enjoy the absurdities of life. We've got to make a little time every day for laughter or the struggle can overwhelm. I really enjoy you guys and all the others whose compasses stay aimed at true north, while taking little detours along the way. You may have noticed the intensity and anger building in some of the posters on the site. Laughter releases the pressure. Hang in, folks. We'll get there soon!

OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by veggielover Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:58 pm

jubalation wrote:Graveyard shift is better than 2nd shift. Have worked both and especially hated 2nd shift. I went to work in mid afternoon when all my friends were still at work and got off at 11:00 at night when all my friends were asleep. It was a dull existence. Graveyard is a little better if you can get used to going to bed at the crack of dawn and getting up in the evening, then you can have some resemblance of a normal life. I was made to be a morning person, so shift work really screwed up my inner time clock.

As far as your health goes graveyard shift is the most detrimental shift you can ever work. It throws your circadian rhythm completely out of whack which in turn throws your immune system out the window along with your entire glandular system. This sets you up not only for very serious physical problems, but mental problems as well.

So, we will all pray with all our might that the IQD will RV ASAP so that you can tell them immediately to take that job and shove it before we hear that you have completely and totally lost it as at least one of your fellow workers seem to have done already! Smile ❤ Wink

veggielover

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:00 am

Hang in there Catherine. Hopefully, you won't need to work much longer. God bless.

Not ANOTHER Day. Not Another Day. I can't take this. I can't take this. NOT ANOTHER DAY!!

OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... 437791839 OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... 437791839 OK I somehow managed to survive my 1st "graveyard" shift ever so... 437791839
Bruno
Bruno
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:29 am

Awww you guys are the best Very Happy I am just getting home now (7:28AM!) My feet are killing Crying or Very sad and my stomach is whacked out (perhaps too many french vanilla cappucinos?!) They were oh so tasty though :shock: I have now put in 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts in my first two weeks :shock: :shock: :shock: Personally I hate 1st shifts since I am SO not a morning person~so if I could pick I would go for 3-11p but darn I can't write my own friggin schedule!!!lol! Anyone awake!?! threadsneaker
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:47 am

SEBtopdog wrote:To both Catherine and Justpassntime: Those late shifts are both tiring and stressful. What comes across in both your posts, although in completely different styles, is a strength, sense of humor and ability to enjoy the absurdities of life. We've got to make a little time every day for laughter or the struggle can overwhelm. I really enjoy you guys and all the others whose compasses stay aimed at true north, while taking little detours along the way. You may have noticed the intensity and anger building in some of the posters on the site. Laughter releases the pressure. Hang in, folks. We'll get there soon!

Thanks SEB Smile
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum