Page 1 of 1
We are strongest when we set aside the few things that divide us from each other, and focus on the wealth of things that unite us. We represent one body, made in the likeness and image of our creator. Scientifically, spiritually, religiously, politically, and realistically we are more than our individual experiences. We are an expression of God and an extension of one another. To really know who we are is to know others who are different than we are: people we don't like, people who speak different languages, different color skin, dress differently, value different things, people who challenge us, and even those who make us uncomfortable.
One of the greatest victories God ever had was the way in which he defeated the Devil. The Devil spent all of his time pointing out how different we are in an effort to weaken us, enslave us and divide us against each other. God used our differences to unite us. Our diversity and uniqueness is what makes us willing to fight for each other, realizing we want the choice to be ourself. And to have that choice we have to be willing to stand up for each other to have the same.
35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
15 Great Principles Shared by All Religions
- The Golden Rule / Law of Reciprocity – The cornerstone of religious understanding. “Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.” – Christianity
- Honor Thy Father and Mother – Knowing them is the key to knowing ourselves. The day will come when we shall wish we had known them better.
- Speak the Truth – “Sincerity is the way of heaven, and to think how to be sincere is the way of a man.” – Confucius
- It’s More Blessed to Give than to Receive – Generosity, charity and kindness will open an individual to an unbounded reservoir of riches.
- Heaven is Within – “Even as the scent dwells within the flower, so God within thine own heart forever abides.” – Sikhism
- Love Thy Neighbor / Conquer With Love / All You Need is Love – Acts of faith, prayer and deep meditation provide us with the strength that allows love for our fellow man to become an abiding part of our lives. Love is a unifying force.
- Blessed Are the Peacemakers – When people live in the awareness that there is a close kinship between all individuals and nations, peace is the natural result.
- You Reap What You Sow – This is the great mystery of human life. Aware or unaware, all are ruled by this inevitable law of nature.
- Man Does Not Live by Bread Alone – The blessings of life are deeper than what can be appreciated by the senses.
- Do No Harm – If someone tries to hurt another, it means that she is perceiving that person as something separate and foreign from herself.
- Forgiveness – The most beautiful thing a man can do is to forgive wrong. – Judaism
- Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged – This principle is an expression of the underlying truth that mankind is one great family, and that we all spring from a common source.
- Be Slow to Anger – Anger clouds the mind in the very moments that clarity and objectivity are needed most. “He who holds back rising anger like a rolling chariot, him I call a real driver; others only hold the reins.” – Buddha
- There is But One God / God is Love – Nature, Being, The Absolute. Whatever name man chooses, there is but one God. All people and all things are of one essence.
- Follow the Spirit of the Scriptures, Not the Words – “Study the words, no doubt, but look behind them to the thought they indicate; And having found it, throw the words away, as chaff when you have sifted out the grain.” – Hinduism
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
- GURU HUNTER
- Posts : 20038
Join date : 2012-04-10
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum