Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
 "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

"Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17

2 posters

Go down

"Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 Empty "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17

Post by Ssmith Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:17 am

"Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 Image_13

SILENCE

November 21, 2017

Steffen Rowe (TANK)

"Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 Ca35b7_bdfb1a67d0974010ab1281f53878934f~mv2

When I was a young man we would go up to Rock Stream on the west side of Seneca Lake in Upstate New York. There is a 60-foot high cliff there from which you can jump off into a waterhole that's about 30 feet deep. To get to the top, you have to climb the side of the cliff, grabbing onto roots and jagged rocks to safely make the ascent. When you get ready to jump, you stare out from the top of the platform rock situated at the edge of the cliff and you see a very sharp rock directly below the cliff. You have to jump way out away from the cliff, about ten feet, to avoid dangerous rocks. Aside from one girl who actually came so close that her hair brushed the sharp rock, I never saw anyone even come close to getting hurt at Rock Stream.

One night while in college, we had a bonfire at a friend's property behind Rock Stream. After a few beers we decided to go over to the cliff and, to enhance the excitement of the experience, to jump in the dark. We stood at the edge of the cliff looking down, with flashlights confirming that the sharp rock was still where we had seen it a hundred times before. When we turned off the flashlights we immediately felt the ominous reality of the danger. We could feel the void and the darkness where the trees stopped at the edge of the cliff knowing all too well that one slip or a bad jump would land us dead on the rocks. Young men filled with bravado and defiance, we were nonetheless all terrified, which quickly sobered us up. No one was forcing us to jump. It was our own egos that pushed us to make reckless decisions.

I was terrified — and that emotion was my biggest fear. I have always hated to to be afraid. I had made my mind up at a young age that the only way to overcome these fears was to face them head on, no matter what they revealed about me. While my friends debated about whether or not they would shine the flashlight down as they jumped, or if they would jump at all, I moved myself into position.

I knew the cliff well: a solid platform of rock with some dirt in the fore a grass and roots hanging over the edge. I placed my foot right on the edge of the platform with the tip of my sneaker hanging slight over. I rocked back. Then I propelled myself as hard as I could out over the water where I hoped I'd pushed hard enough to clear the sharp rock below.

As I dropped through the abyss of darkness, with no appreciation whatsoever for where my fall would end, I gasped a quick breath of air and accidentally held my breath waiting for my fate to be revealed.

It was pure silence. I was weightless. Suddenly I felt the bottom of my sneakers hit hard and felt the sudden rush of the cold water surrounding me as I plunged under the water and, just as quickly, swam back to the surface. The flashlight shined from above as my friends screamed, thrilled that I had done something so stupid and yet so brave and somehow lived to tell the tale.

This moment was just one of many adventures I had as a young man in the journey to prove myself to myself. Surely it was ill advised. And, had she known, it would have given my mother a heart attack. Many times since then in my life I've made it a practice to do things exactly the way I wanted to do them, oftentimes against the advice of others, with nontraditional methods, exotic ideas, and risky ventures. I'd like to say I cleared the rocks every time. But that wouldn't be true.

One lesson I always remember from the dark jump I took that night was that I knew I could make it. I knew if I overthought it I would chicken out. I knew the exact moment when it was time to take action. I discovered the powerful clarity of silence after I made the jump and that there was no turning back. The silence was deafening. The darkness was shapeless and peaceful, with only the stars above to reflect slightly on the water as I dropped through the sky.

There was no way to turn back. I was committed to the outcome, come what may.

That commitment is what it takes to move forward in every aspect of life. Everything great that has ever been accomplished has required us to make a jump, leaving our friends safe on the side of the cliff as we took a risk for something bigger. Nothing tragic or amazing has ever happened to someone standing on the side of the cliff debating whether or not it was worth the risk to jump.

For those of us who have done the research, studied the outcomes, and practiced our techniques, we are ready to jump when the moment is right. We are not fearless exactly, but we are courageous enough to take a risk at losing all that we have to become all that we know we should be.

We are in pursuit of our dreams and they keep getting bigger as we push our limitations. We know that our greatest asset and our biggest obstacle is our own mind, and to make that work for us it requires the constant challenge of the way we think. We are on a mission of self-discovery and expansion.

The reality is that we never really know who we are until we've committed to the jump.

So if you find yourself holding your breath in a free fall, surrounded by deafening silence with only a sparkle of light in an endless sea of darkness, don't be afraid. You may be alone falling towards an uncertain end, but in that silence comes clarity. You already know you've made it before you hit the water. There is no real danger because you knew exactly what you were doing before you took the leap. When everyone else was filled with fear and doubt, you decided to be the one to show that it could be done.

You are in the place where all great things are possible while exposing yourself to the possibility of a tragic end. It's the one place where you can completely let go, because there's nothing left to hold onto.

You're in that moment right now. And you already know if you've made it or not. So don't question if you'll smash on the cliff or splash in the water. You knew before you jumped. You are committed.

So enjoy the silence because you're about to be a legend.

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

"Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 Empty Re: "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17

Post by Kevind53 Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:58 am

No you were not brave, just stupid.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

"Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 2805820865   "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 2805820865   "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 2805820865   "Silence" - Message from Steffen Rowe/Tank at Kre8change 11/21/17 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum