Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You

Go down

FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You Empty FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You

Post by RamblerNash Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You

Tags:

• Credit and Finance
  • Payments and Billing
  • Finance

If you operate a business that accepts checks or online payments, you could be at risk for a new scam that may cost you time and money.

Produced in cooperation with the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
If you operate a business that accepts checks or online payments, you could be at risk for a new scam that may cost you time and money.
Federal officials, consumer advocates, and businesses are hearing from people who have responded to ads, websites, phone calls, text messages, and visits from salespeople who claim the federal government will pay their bills – for everything from utilities, cable, and cell phones to their mortgages, student loans, and insurance premiums.
The salespeople are scam artists. There is no federal bank account set up to pay peoples’ bills.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation’s consumer protection agency, and the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, say these cons are pros who may use half-truths to draw people in: The federal government has public assistance programs to help people in need. But this so-called program is a fraud.

Your Business Could be at Risk

In exchange for a fee and some personal information, the scam artists give people instructions on how to use bank account and routing numbers that do not belong to them to pay their bills online, or print checks so they can make payments in person or by mail. In one scheme, they’re telling people to use the routing number of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta – 0610-0014-6 to make both check and electronic payments through the Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) Network. If you receive an ACH payment, check, cashier’s check, or certified check from a customer with this routing number, be very suspicious. Checks that have the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta routing number are not valid payment instruments. Do not accept them, and notify the authorities immediately: the National Association of Attorney Generals, your local office of the FBI, and your bank. Merchants who accept these checks run the risk of not getting paid.

How to Recognize a Fake Check

Some warning signs that a check might be counterfeit include:

• the routing number is 0610-0014-6
  • no perforated edge on one side of the paper
  • the absence of security features, like a watermark
  • there are fewer than nine digits in the routing number
  • the bank address listed on the check doesn’t match its real address
  • a flimsy feeling to the paper

Help Your Customers Avoid This Scam

The FTC and the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta issued a Consumer Alert, “Free Money” from the Government: Variations on a Scheme. Consider downloading and printing copies to share with your customers, and post it on your website.

June 2012

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/merchants-beware-new-free-money-government-scam-may-cost-you

FTC - Merchants Beware: New “Free Money from the Government” Scam May Cost You 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum