Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam

Go down

US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam Empty US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam

Post by RamblerNash Wed May 31, 2017 2:41 am

US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam

US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam BE731AE4-

Twilight News

one hour ago

Twilight News / perhaps Mosul Dam is facing a devastating deficiency unless subject to immediate reforms, while the Iraqi government is stalling in the steps on how to move forward in the process of rebuilding the dam.

In a report published by USA Today newspaper, the US, said that a crack in a dam parts reaches a height of 370 feet could put the lives of 4 million people to the danger by sending flood water to more than 200 miles in the downstream direction towards the capital Baghdad, Mbtala villages, and destructive fields, and causing economic damage worth up to $ 20 billion, according to estimates of weapons engineers in the US army.

The Iraqi government has postponed a decision on the renewal of the contract with an Italian engineering company managed by the Corps of Engineers, when the old contract expires this year. Perhaps the government is trying to make the required reforms to plug itself; save expenses at a time when you feel the pressure because of the cash cost of the war against the terrorist organization Daesh.

The team would like Samonet, commander of the US Army Corps of Engineers, for fear of the newspaper that the Iraqi government is very optimistic about the reforms needed to fill level, and therefore will not renew the contract, adding that time is running out of the government, while considering the decision. Pointing out that it is expected to take another two months, and in the end can also get a decision or not.

In the same context, one of those responsible for the security of the dam says in the Corps of Engineers: "The danger posed by the dam is still very high."

The paper quoted one analyst that the Iraqi government is facing deep political divisions in turn, delay important decisions, in addition to the financial distress that increase the obstruction of decision-making.

The current contract with the value of the Trevi Group $ 300 million, part of which is funded by the World Bank and other loans. The dam will require at least another year of intensive work before becoming stable, according to estimates by the Corps of Engineers in the US Army.

The construction of the dam was completed, which provides irrigation and hydroelectric power to Iraq, under Saddam Hussein's regime in 1985.

Although the construction of the dam properly, but it is built on the basis of combustible materials soluble in water, and since its construction, workers digging holes and pumping grout (a mixture of water, cement and clay) in these openings to strengthen the basis of the dam. But the work of the maintenance of the dam have fallen in recent years; raising fears of a huge deficiency.

And seized the organization Daesh the dam in 2014 when deployed in Iraq for the first time, but was quickly restored by Iraqi forces. And shortly afterwards engineers discovered that the shape of the dam deformed, not only because of the damage caused by Daesh, but also as a result of long years of ignoring maintenance.

Work began to install the dam since, US military officials believe that after a year of intensive work to consolidate the structure of the dam, Iraq can focus on an annual maintenance of his system. They see that it takes another year to be sufficient in the dam safety and below the danger level.

USA Today explained that the most important reasons that encourage the renewal of the contract is that the Italian company of American engineers and employ new methods and technology in the work of the reforms, which the workers are still Iraqis lack access to it.

Analysts have advised the divided Iraqi government to cooperate and focus and recognition of the need to spend money on dam repairs, to take into account that this is not a political issue but a humanitarian.

Keywords

http://www.shafaaq.com/ar/Ar_NewsReader/3b23cd50-f939-4edf-89f9-32b8b9c46e65

US report warns: crack up a height of 370 feet Mosul Dam 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum