Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems

5 posters

Go down

Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems Empty Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems

Post by Ssmith Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems

Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems 15_zimbabwe_0

Zimbabwe’s economy is in intensive care because it does not have a national vision to grow it, the Affirmative Action Group has said.

The country, currently saddled with over $10.8 billion debt, is suffering from a severe liquidity crisis coupled with high unemployment and massive company closures, NewsDay reported.

This is despite the fact that every five years, government is coming up with economic blueprints in a bid to stimulate economic growth.
Speaking at a business breakfast meeting organized by Global Shapers Bulawayo hub, AAG Matabeleland chapter president, Reginald Shoko, said the country does not have an economic vision.

“What we have as a problem economically is that our planning is always short term. Government programs are always five years. When you want to turn or develop an economy you need a long term plan. Look at the African Union, it has already got a plan for 2063, but we are talking about ZimAsset (economic blueprint) which expires next year,” Shoko said.

“We need to have a plan on how we move forward the economy. So we need to plan and discover what our corporative advantage is. If technology is what we can offer to an economy, let’s churn more of our graduates and entrepreneurs on technology.”

Shoko said the world was in dire need of organic products, but Zimbabwe was failing to take advantage of that despite her economy basing on agriculture. He said Zimbabwean beef was in demand in Texas but the country did not have capacity to serve that market and South African beef has taken over.

Shoko said Zimbabweans need to work together for a common purpose like they did when coming up with the new constitution in 2013.

Inflationary Pressures

Fund managers in Zimbabwe are shunning monetary assets and opting for real assets amid growing fears that the country’s economy is facing a crisis.

Inflationary pressures have been mounting since the central bank introduced bond notes. Their value is at par with the US dollar, the country’s monetary authorities say. It is backed by a $200 million bond facility from the African Export-Import Bank.

Prices of goods have been rising since the bond notes were introduced, with most shops setting up a three-tier pricing system—US dollars in cash, bond notes and bank cards. Hard currency normally expedites external bank payments. Bond notes and card payments are accepted grudgingly.

The bond currency’s value on the black market, a good gauge of confidence in the unit, is weakening, with some forex dealers on the street discounting the currency. Those seeking to buy US dollars are paying an extra $2 in bond notes for $100 or a premium of 2%. For groceries, one can pay a premium of up to 5% when not using US dollars and paying with a bond note. One can be charged a premium of as much as 8% when using a card.

https://financialtribune.com/articles/world-economy/62222/zimbabwe-economy-facing-serious-problems

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems Empty Re: Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems

Post by RoyBoy Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Makes one want to go out and buy a few trillion just to paper the bath room.
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems Empty Re: Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems

Post by Kevind53 Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:59 pm

As I predicted when they started talking about the bonds and the pooroos started using them in their hype.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems 2805820865  Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems 2805820865  Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems 2805820865  Zimbabwe Economy Facing Serious Problems 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:34 pm

remember buy low sell high
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:21 pm

I'm hearing that cocoa beans are a hot commodity, along with diamonds at DeBeers Consolidated Diamond Mines- Cocaine is another HOT seller, along with Purple Diesel! lmao
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:26 pm

remember terbo when efhutton speaks you listen. he said what looks bad might go up up upand that's from the zimmeister
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:17 pm

I'm talking to the Zim meister right now, and he said it is very promising- ask the 8 happydance
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum