Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area

2 posters

Go down

The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area Empty The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area

Post by RamblerNash Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:39 pm

The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area

The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area JS121323830_AFP_Mosul-zoo1-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqjIwIjDXBmcU79gdGK1cNfvK_F-ycLYGpDiQxg2m3y9Q  
Amir Khalil gives treatment to a lion that was abandoned at the Mumtaz al-Nour zoo in eastern Mosul on February 21  Credit: SAFIN HAMED/AFP/Getty Images     

•  Our Foreign Staff  

23 February 2017 • 4:56pm    

The only surviving animals of Mosul zoo - a young lion named Simba and a bear known as Lula - have finally received treatment after Isil fighters were driven from their part of the city.

All the other monkeys, birds, and horses who once populated the zoo died or fled during the two years of jihadist rule in Mosul and the months of fighting since Iraqi forces launched their offensive to recapture the city.

Some of the animals were killed by shelling while others starved to death or ate one another. 

The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area Zooo-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqzsG1RmRUWpnHvml0pBVGHDT1dxk8T71CJNH5oaABAzw
 Simba the lion survived but three other lions did not  Credit: SAFIN HAMED/AFP/Getty Images    

When Iraqi troops reached the zoo in the eastern half of Mosul earlier this month they found only the bear and the lion, both filthy and emaciated and in urgent need of care. 
Treatment finally arrived this week when Dr Amir Khalil, who describes himself as a “roving war zone veterinarian” reached the zoo with a team of volunteers from the global animal charity Four Paws. 

“It is, I believe, inhuman to leave the king of the jungle, or the king of the animals, to be in this place," Dr Khalil told AFP as he stood outside the lion’s cage. 

The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area Zoo-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqAblP_nApRBgTXVGqwDG3Fj3e3kXlEd8LvlK2C4kwY10
 Lula the bear is one of only two zoo animals to surive Isil rule in Mosul  Credit: AFP PHOTO / SAFIN HAMED    

Simba was badly underfed but the Lula’s condition appeared to be worse. The bear had diarrhoea and her teeth were rotting. 

Shelling could be heard in western Mosul, where Iraqi forces are still fighting against Isil, as the volunteer term tended to the animals. 

Four Paws said that after initial treatment it planned to give the zoo owner enough food and medicine for the two animals to last a month, giving him time to find funds to resume caring for the beasts. 

The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area Zooooo-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqLYdoWXVyVUQMSe0gNN2ScF8EUi_2IXPbFollShkLO_g
 Dr Amir Khalil has treated animals in conflict zones across the Middle East  Credit: AFP PHOTO / SAFIN HAMED    

This is not Dr Khalil’s first experience of extreme veterinary work. The 52-year-old doctor flew into Iraq after the 2003 war to rescue lions at one of Saddam Hussein’s former palaces in Baghdad. 

He also treated animals in Gaza during the 2014 war between Israel and Hamas, which he described as “the worst in the world”.

"These animals were kept in captivity because of us,” Dr Khalil said. “And they don't have the luxury to escape. And they deserve that somebody cares for them”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/23/surviving-bear-lion-mosul-zoo-have-finally-got-treatment/

The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area Empty Re: The only surviving bear and lion in Mosul zoo finally get treatment, after Isil driven from area

Post by chilimama Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:49 pm

crybaby

Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. - Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr.
chilimama
chilimama
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum