Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers

Go down

Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers Empty Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers

Post by Ponee Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:36 am

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) Baghdad police service said Thursday it foiled an attack by three suicide bombers as the capital witnessed almost daily bombings targeting civilians and security.

Baghdad police say foiled attack by 3 suicide bombers Islamic-Jihadist-Explosive-Belt

Jalil al-Rubaie, commander of the Interior Ministry’s Baghdad Operations, said in a statement that a joint force of police and intelligence teams trapped the trio in Radwaniya, west of Baghdad, killing one and arresting the other two. He said they were all donning explosive belts.

The announcement comes hours after a deadly attack on Habibiya, at the eastern Baghdad al-Sadr city, which killed and wounded 65.

Violence surged in Iraq with the emergence of Islamic State militants who took over large areas of the country in 2014. Baghdad has been witnessing almost daily bombings targeting civilians and security personnel.

IS militants have said they had been responsible for several bloody explosions and attacks that hit the capital in the past months, bringing the governorate municipal and security officials under critics’ fire.

The United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI) said violence in the country left nearly 382 dead, including security members, and 908 injured during January. Baghdad was the most affected province with 128 deaths and 444 injuries, according to the organization.

Observers believe Islamic State have begun to escalate attacks outside the city of Mosul, where the group has been losing ground and personnel since October, so as to relieve pressure by government forces on that front and to divert attention from group losses.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum