Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul

Go down

Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul Empty Water supply cut off for half of Iraq's Mosul

Post by Ponee Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:29 am

MOSUL, Iraq, Nov. 30 (UPI) -- About 40 percent of the residents of Mosul, Iraq -- around 650,000 people -- are without water after a pipeline was hit during fighting between the Islamic State and Iraqi government forces, authorities said Wednesday.

"We are facing a humanitarian catastrophe," said Hussam al-Abar, member of Mosul's Nineveh provincial council, said to the media. "Basic services such as water, electricity, health, food are non-existent."

The pipeline was one of three that serve eastern Mosul. Repairs can't be made quickly because it is in an area held by Islamic State fighters.

About 1.5 million people remain in the city despite fighting the past six weeks. About 40 percent of the eastern half of the city has been retaken from the Islamic State since the start of the offensive.
Mosul is the last major urban area in Iraq held by the Islamic State
About 74,000 civilians have fled Mosul since the fighting and the United Nations is bracing for more than a million homeless people.

"Children and their families in Mosul are facing a horrific situation," said Peter Hawkins, Unicef representative in Iraq. "Not only are they in danger of getting killed or injured in the cross fire, now potentially more than half a million people do not have safe water to drink."
Some water is being trucked from 22 miles away.

Without clean water in the next days, Unicef says in a release "civilians will be forced to resort to unsafe water sources, exposing children to the risk of waterborne diseases such as severe diarrhea and the threat of malnutrition. Children in affected areas are already strained from years of extremely harsh living conditions."

Unicef is asking the government to reactivate nearby boreholes and water treatment plants.
"Unicef urges all parties to the conflict to allow these critical deliveries and repairs. Civilian infrastructure must never be attacked," Hawkins said.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum