Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT

2 posters

Go down

EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT Empty EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT

Post by Ssmith Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:48 pm

EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT
October 17, 2016
MY LADIES

EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT OJ-AQ005_EMFUND_16U_20161006080312

EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY AND CORPORATE DEBT ARE THE THING I WANT TO LOOK AT TODAY. WE ALL KNOW THERE HAS BEEN EXTREME GROWTH IN EMERGING MARKETS IN 2016. FOR 3 YEARS PRIOR TO 2016 EMERGING MARKETS WAS LAGGING BEHIND DEVELOPED MARKETS, THAN IN THIS LAST YEAR THERE HAS BEEN A BURST. WHY? WILL GROWTH CONTINUE? EMERGING MARKET BONDS AND CURRENCIES ALSO GAINED VALUE AGAINST THE DOLLAR AND THE EURO. THE INSTITUTE OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCE SHOWS EMERGING MARKETS RECEIVED $120 BN OF FINANCIAL CAPITAL BY THE END OF SEPTEMBER. THAT’S A 20% INCREASE ON 2015.

NEGATIVE BOND YIELDS ON LARGE COUNTRY DEBT, A JUMP IN OIL PRICES, AND STABILIZATION OF THE CHINESE ECONOMY AND POSTPONEMENT OF FED RATE HIKES ALL PLAY SUPPORTING ROLES IN THIS RALLY.

THE MAIN DRIVER HOWEVER OF EMERGING MARKETS RALLY IS BETTER GROWTH POTENTIAL WHICH MAKES ASSETS CHEAP. THE IMF SAYS THAT EMERGING ECONOMIES WILL COLLECTIVELY GROW BY 4.2$ THIS YEAR AND 4.6% IN 2017WHILE DEVELOPED ECONOMIES ARE LOOKING AT GROWTH BETWEEN 1.6% AND 1.8%. THOSE ARE SUBSTANTIAL NUMBERS.

SO BEFORE WE GO TOO MUCH FURTHER LET’S UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE PLEASE BETWEEN CORPORATE DEBT AND SOVEREIGN DEBT OK?

HERE IS SHORT VIDEO ON SOVEREIGN DEBT http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/sovereign-debt.asp

CORPORATE DEBT IS SIMILAR IN STRUCTURE TO SOVEREIGN DEBT EXCEPT THAT IT IS ISSUED BY A CORPORATION AND BACKED BY THE PERFORMANCE OF THAT CORPORATION AND SOMETIMES IN THE COMPANIES ASSETS.

OK NOW LET’S MOVE ON. LET’S HAVE A LOOK AT THIS OPINION PIECE BY CONRAD DE AENLLE A WRITER FOR MARKET WATCH

Investors seeking income can find it in emerging-market bonds
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/income-seeking-investors-can-find-it-in-emerging-market-bonds-2016-10-07

A conundrum for investors during the last decade has been how to generate income in a world with little or none of it to speak of. In hindsight, they could have owned just about any asset, watched its value soar and sold bits of it along the way, but that was not a viable option for those among us who must start each day in ignorance of what will unfold.

With bond and stock yields still hovering not far from zero percent due to extravagant valuations and the extravagant central bank monetary policies that enable them, few attractive income sources exist. One that was floated recently in research by RBC Global Asset Management is emerging market debt.

It’s easy to see why that niche of the bond market would capture the firm’s attention. In the first nine months of this year, the average mutual fund that invests in emerging market bonds denominated in U.S. dollars or other hard currencies rose 13.5%, according to investment researcher Morningstar, and local-currency bond funds did even better, with an average gain of 15.8%.

Most of those returns are from capital appreciation, but the income paid by the bonds is substantial, compared to just about any other asset. RBC notes that the average yield recently was 5.1% on emerging market dollar-denominated government debt, and 6.2% on local-currency government instruments.

YOU CAN READ THE REST ON YOUR OWN BUT THE POINT I’M TRYING TO MAKE IS THERE IS A RUSH INTO EMERGING MARKETS. LOOK AT THE YIELD 5.1% ON USD DENOMINATED DEBT BUT 6.2% ON LOCAL CURRENCY DEBT.

NOW LET’S LOOK AT THIS A LITTLE CLOSER AND LOOK AT ANOTHER SCENARIO. THE WALL STREET JOURNAL IS THINKING THAT HARD CURRENCY IS OUTPACING LOCAL CURRENCY WHICH IS SIGNALING MONEY IS CHASING YIELDS RATHER HAVING FAITH IN GROWTH. SUGGESTING INVESTORS ARE FICKLE.

Why Investor Enthusiasm About Emerging Markets Could Be Fickle
http://www.wsj.com/articles/in-emerging-market-bond-rush-local-currency-debt-gets-scant-interest-1475771287

For all the investor enthusiasm about emerging markets, there are signs money may be blindly chasing yields rather than putting faith in these countries’ growth stories.

Emerging-market funds received net inflows worth $35 billion during the third quarter of the year, figures by fund-tracker EPFR Global show, compared with $10 billion in the second quarter and a net outflow of $3 billion in the first.

Some economists argue that these investment flows are justified by improving sentiment regarding more market-friendly governments in countries such as Argentina and Brazil and a small rebound in commodity prices that is set to help exporters like Russia and South Africa.

But investors seem primarily motivated by ultralow yields in developed nations, especially after the U.S. Federal Reserve signaled during the summer that interest rates would remain low for longer than previously believed.

“A lot of the money that has come to emerging-markets has just bought anything with an emerging-market label on it,” said Pablo Goldberg, fund manager at BlackRock.

On Wednesday, Argentina sold two euro-denominated bonds to borrow a combined €2.5 billion ($2.8 billion). Investors couldn’t get enough of them, demanding as much as €6.3 billion. The Latin American nation only recently returned to international markets after years of legal spats with bondholders following its default on more than $80 billion in 2001. In April, Argentina placed a record $16.5 billion among investors.

The structure of the Argentina deal highlights another feature of the rush into emerging markets: In the three months to September, only 39% of fund flows have gone into local-currency funds. Those that invest only in assets denominated in hard currency like dollars or euros have received 52% of the inflows, the rest belonging to blended funds that invest in both.

Strong demand for hard-currency assets is also visible in the widening gap between their yields and those on local-currency assets. This gulf widened in September to its highest since July 2014, indexes by J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. show. While emerging-market hard-currency bonds yielded 5% on average in September, local-currency ones returned 6.2%. Bond yields move in the opposite direction as prices.

Right now, “you get people that are daring enough to get into dollar assets, but not daring enough to get into local currencies,” said Didier Saint-Georges, a member of asset manager Carmignac’s investment committee.

The French firm has increased both kinds of emerging-market investments, but is cautious about these countries’ outlook.

BlackRock highlighted that U.S.-based investors have almost exclusively bought dollar emerging-market assets during the third quarter, while European investors were interested in local currency as well, according to a report to clients Tuesday,

This would support the idea of a knee-jerk reaction by U.S. investors looking for somewhere to place their money.

LET’S RE-READ THIS OK? U.S. INVESTORS ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEWHERE TO PLACE THEIR MONEY. REMEMBER THIS WE WILL BE COMING BACK TO IT. THIS IS WHAT I CONTINUE TO TRY TO CONVEY TO YOU AND IN MY OPINION IT IS NOT JUST U.S. INVESTORS SPECIFIC RIGHT NOW EVERY INVESTOR IS LOOKING FOR SOMEWHERE TO PLACE THEIR MONEY.

Fund-flow data also reveal that retail investors, who tend to be flightier than institutional players, were the ones showing a clear preference for hard-currency assets over the past few months, while actually slashing their exposure to local currency.

Hani Redha, fund manager at PineBridge Investments, believes it is likely that part of the inflow into dollar and euro assets is “much more fickle and chases returns,” instead of showing faith in the economy of these nations.

“If the Fed were to surprise markets, given the lower level of sophistication of the investors, there is risk of a reversal,” added Mr. Redha, who has made selective investments into local-currency paper.

To be sure, investors could also be making a rational decision in disliking emerging-market currencies, which have had a bad run over the last two years.

“I think it is all about past performance,” said Michael Biggs, manager of an emerging-market local-currency fund at Swiss money manager GAM Holding AG.

SO LET’S DIGEST THIS FOR NOW AND I WILL BE BACK WITH MORE ON EMERGING MARKET BONDS. I WANT TO CONTINUE ON EMERGING MARKETS FOR A LITTLE WHILE AND WHEN EVERYONE IS ON THE SAME PAGE WE CAN MOVE ON TO TIE EMERGING MARKETS IN THE NEW FINANCIAL SYSTEM.

SO PLEASE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ASK ME, AND IF YOU ARE FEELING LOST TELL ME. WE ALL MOVE ALONG TOGETHER IN HERE OK? I WANT TO HERE FROM YOU DROP YOUR COMMENTS AND IN THE BOX BELOW AND PUSH THE SEND BUTTON.

THANKS AND LET’S HAVE FUN WITH THIS….ML

BE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON TWITTER AND LIKE US ON FACEBOOK AND SUBSCRIBE TO US ON YOUTUBE…THANKS

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT Empty Re: EMERGING MARKETS, HARD CURRENCY, AND SOVEREIGN DEBT

Post by ReapAndSow73 Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:16 pm

important to note that this has nothing to do with an RV or GCR
ReapAndSow73
ReapAndSow73
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum