Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Trusts are not just for Wealthy People I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Trusts are not just for Wealthy People

2 posters

Go down

Trusts are not just for Wealthy People Empty Trusts are not just for Wealthy People

Post by RamblerNash Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:38 pm

Trusts

It is a common misconception that trusts, or trust funds as they are commonly called, are only useful for wealthy people. When set up properly, trusts can be appropriate for people with minor children or those who want to avoid having their estate go through probate upon death. These are basic facts about trusts – but, be sure to consult a licensed attorney experienced with estate planning and trust matters before making any final decisions about if one is right for you.

Trusts are not just for Wealthy People IStock_000009598906Small

How Trusts Work

Creating a trust (or trust fund) establishes a legal entity that holds property or assets for the person who created it. The person who creates the trust can be called a grantor, donor, or settlor. When the grantor creates the trust he or she appoints a person or entity (like the trust department of a bank) to manage the trust. This person or entity is called a trustee. The grantor also chooses someone who will ultimately benefit from the trust, this person is the beneficiary. In some situations the grantor, trustee, and beneficiary are all the same person. In this case, the grantor should also appoint a successor trustee and beneficiary in case he or she dies or becomes incapacitated. A trust is a helpful estate planning tool because after death a trust doesn’t go through the probate process like a will does.

Reasons To Set Up A Trust

Some common reasons for setting up a trust include:

 Providing for minor children or family members who are inexperienced or unable to handle financial matters

 Providing for management of personal assets should one become unable to handle them oneself

 Avoiding probate and immediately transferring assets to beneficiaries upon

death

 Reducing estate taxes and providing liquid assets to help pay for them

 The terms of a will are public while the terms of a trust are not so privacy makes a trust an attractive option

Types of Trusts

Trusts can be living (inter vivos) or after-death (testamentary). A living trust is one that a grantor sets up while still alive and an after-death trust is usually established by a will after one’s death. Living trusts can be irrevocable (can’t be changed) or revocable (can be changed) although revocable trusts don’t receive the same tax shelter benefits as irrevocable ones do. The most popular type is the revocable living trust. If there’s a specific purpose in mind for the trust, dozens of different options exist. Some examples include charitable trusts, bypass trusts, spendthrift trusts, and life insurance trusts. New laws have even established a trust that will care for a pet after one’s death.

Setting Up A Trust

Once you’ve decided to set up a trust it is important to remember that a trust, by design, can be very flexible and a grantor has the right – and should take advantage of this right - within the law, to tailor it to meet the anticipated the needs of the beneficiary. Working with an experienced attorney that specializes in estate and trust issues and knows the specific state regulations can help get the maximum benefit from the trust.

Some things to consider when setting up the trust include:

 The grantor has the right to specify exactly how the money in the trust is invested. The grantor and the trustee might have very different ideas about investment strategies, so make sure this gets clearly defined.

 The grantor has the right to specify exactly how the assets should be divvied up down to details like including an annual cost of living adjustment for the beneficiary or paying for travel expenses for others to visit the beneficiary in the case of illness.

 Always be sure to include a “trustee removal clause” – trusts that don’t have this clause take away the beneficiary’s right to fire the trustee if unsatisfied with the service being provided. Remember that the grantor

can always add a provision that requires the beneficiary to select a new trustee from legitimate bank trust departments. Contact your

state Department of Financial Institutions to get a list of licensed trust departments.

 If the grantor wants to ensure that upon death any assets that remain

outside of the trust are transferred to it, he or she should consider having a “pour-over” will to accomplish this.

Upon establishment of the trust the grantor must complete the process of setting up the trust by transferring his or her assets into the trust. Failure to do this properly makes the trust null and void. This means that upon the grantor’s death the state will decide who gets the assets and cares for minor children.

Protect Yourself From Trust Scams and Fraud

If someone approaches you to set up a trust be very cautious. Before signing any papers to create a living trust, will or other kind of trust make sure to explore all options and shop around for this service just as you would for any other. Also:

 Avoid high-pressure sales tactics and high speed sales pitches.

 Avoid salespeople who give the impression that AARP is backing or selling

the product – AARP does not endorse living trust products.

 Do your homework and get information about local probate laws from the Clerk or Register of Wills.

 If someone tries to sell a living trust to you ask if they are an attorney. Some states restrict sales of living trusts by licensed attorneys.

 If you buy a trust in your home or another location that is not the seller’s permanent place of business remember you are entitled to take advantage of the Cooling Off Rule and cancel the transaction within 3 business days.

http://www.donkeyrescue.org/trusts.html

Trusts are not just for Wealthy People 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Trusts are not just for Wealthy People Empty Re: Trusts are not just for Wealthy People

Post by RamblerNash Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Maybe MDS1965 from Wingit has seen this from the Donkey Rescue and can inform Conman Garry about it?

Trusts are not just for Wealthy People 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Trusts are not just for Wealthy People Empty Re: Trusts are not just for Wealthy People

Post by Terbo56 Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:38 am

That's funny- Donkey Rescue has more 'asses' than a Mexican Burro convention- :yes:
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum