Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit

Go down

Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit Empty Vietnam Central bank to boost money supply, credit

Post by lexie Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:30 pm

September 10, 2011

Central bank to boost money supply, credit

VietFinanceNews.com - Vietnam's central bank will likely pump 300 trillion dong ($14.4 billion) into the economy from now until the end of the year and allow commercial banks to lend around 238 trillion dong, according to a state-run newspaper on Thursday that quoted the central bank.

The figures point towards an increased money supply and credit, but the newspaper Thanh Nien said neither would exceed the official targets of 15-16 percent and 20 percent respectively.

State Bank of Vietnam governor Nguyen Van Binh told bankers at a meeting on Wednesday that he expected annual credit growth to come in at 15-18 percent this year, the newspaper reported.

Credit grew just 8.85 percent by August 30 from the start of the year, the central bank said. Full year credit growth in 2010 was about 28 percent.

In the coming four months, commercial banks can lend a total of 47.6 trillion dong per month, the newspaper reported.

Thanh Nien also quoted the central bank as saying the country's money supply had grown 9.16 percent by August 30 from the start of the year, and was likely to expand by 59.5 trillion dong each month from now to the end of 2011.

As part of its efforts to reduce lending interest rates, the central bank also threatened to suspend bank directors for three years if they breached the ceilings, the newspaper reported.

The cap on dong deposits stands at 14 percent and for dollar deposits the ceiling is 2 percent.

Vietnam has been battling some of the world's highest inflation and economists say years of soaring credit growth has been a key contributing factor.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2011/09/central-bank-to-boost-money-supply.html#more

lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum