Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers

2 posters

Go down

Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers Empty Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers

Post by RamblerNash Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:04 am

Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers

Feb 15 The Kuwaiti central bank has succeeded in reducing downward pressure on the dinar by using its daily fixings of the currency's spot rate to deter traders from speculating against it, commercial bankers say.

All of the currencies of the Gulf's six wealthy oil exporting states have come under pressure in recent several months as low oil prices have slashed governments' revenues and forced them to draw down overseas assets.

While five of the currencies are pegged to the U.S. dollar, the Kuwaiti dinar is pegged to a weighted basket of the currencies of Kuwait's big trading partners. The basket's composition is not disclosed but it is believed to be dominated by the dollar, with the euro playing a significant role.

Reflecting jitters about the long-term impact of cheap oil on Kuwait's finances, the dinar fell sharply against the dollar in the forwards market last month. One-year dollar/dinar forwards jumped as high as 780 points in the last few days of January, their highest level since February 2009.

Since then, however, one-year forwards have fallen back, to around 700 points, and the dinar has strengthened sharply in the spot market, to 0.29849 against the dollar from around 0.3035 - its fastest appreciation since 2010.

"The central bank has stemmed further downward pressure on the dinar with its strategy, and has given a clear signal to the market that it will step in to defend the currency when needed," one banker said.

The bankers declined to be named because of commercial sensitivities. An official at the Kuwaiti central bank could not be contacted to comment.

One reason for the dinar's rebound has been a recovery of the euro against the dollar, traders say. The euro has surged about 2.9 percent against the dollar since late January to around 1.1200.

Another reason is the Kuwaiti central bank's management of the dinar's daily fixing against the dollar, which serves as a reference point for the day's trade in the spot market, traders said.

The central bank has some leeway in setting the fixing in relation to the currency basket, and since late January it has raised its fixings by 1.5 percent -- capturing an unusually large fraction of the euro's rebound.

In contrast, when the euro depreciated 7 percent against the dollar in the three months to early December, the dinar fixing weakened only about 1 percent.

Some traders believe the Kuwaiti central bank has imitated the Saudi central bank, the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA), in deterring oil price-related speculation against its currency.

In January, the dollar rose to a record high against the Saudi riyal in the forwards market because of speculation that the riyal's peg might eventually be scrapped.

But SAMA privately warned banks against speculation in the riyal, telling them to stop offering options contracts on riyal forwards. Since then, dollar/riyal forwards have dropped back sharply.

"Fear of a SAMA-style intervention in the dinar forwards market has caused the onshore banks to reduce their positions," a second banker said. (Editing by Andrew Torchia and Katharine Houreld)

http://www.reuters.com/article/kuwait-currency-idUSL8N15U1M2

Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers Empty Re: Kuwait c.bank engineers ease of pressure on dinar -bankers

Post by nickgiammarino Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:54 pm

deter traders from speculating against it, commercial bankers say.

It won't stop people from investing in it over here I'm afraid.

Nick Giammarino - Global Currency Reset

Contact me on Twitter via globalresetguy or dinarrvnews or private message (PM) me here on Dinar Daily.  I have private videos HERE
nickgiammarino
nickgiammarino
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

http://dinarrvnews.net/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum