Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’

2 posters

Go down

Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ Empty Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’

Post by Ponee Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:55 am

Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ 189752Image1
Kurdistan Region Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani pledged a year of ‘reform and modernization’ on Wednsday January 27, 2016. Rudaw Photo.
ERBIL, Kurdistan Region—To overcome a financial crisis and stabilize its economy the Kurdish government launched the first step of its wide-ranging reform program starting with the restructuring and reform of the finance ministry.

Kurdistan Region Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani said the reform program starts with modernizing the finance ministry which would be a stepping stone for further reform in all other sectors.

Barzani said that his cabinet was committed to strengthen the financial and administrative sector that would include redrawing the work of public banks and throwing full support behind the private sector.

He is committed to open and transparent governance, he added.

“This will help us create a sustainable and modern economy,” said Barzani. “And it will create a healthy and competitive job and investment environment.”

Speaking to a group of cabinet ministers, investors and politicians in Erbil on Wednesday, the prime minister said that the Kurdistan Region is working on an all-encompassing reform plan to help the region move beyond its current crisis and encourage growth.

From 2006-2014 there was more than $30 billion worth of investment in the Kurdistan Region, $5 billion of it foreign investment which went hand in hand with social development, said Barzani.

“But in the meantime we have to look back on our mistakes and opportunities for reform which we failed to seize on time,” he said.

“This would be the year of reform and modernization,” vowed the prime minister.

Barzani said that the reform program will work with professional syndicates, investors and academics and “We will pursue a policy of poverty reduction and strengthening of the production sector.”

The Kurdish government has been under severe financial strain for almost two years after Baghdad blocked its share of the national budget and the sharp decline in oil prices which is the main source of revenue for Erbil.

Barzani added to the list the expensive war with the Islamic State (ISIS) and the hosting of more than 1.8 refugees to which “Baghdad has contributed very little financially,” he said.

As part of its reform plan, said the prime minister, the Kurdish government takes austerity measures, which includes a temporary reduction in civil servant salaries, urging in the meantime that the international community could help lessen Erbil’s burden by shouldering some of the Peshmerga expenses.

“The financial situation is the biggest threat to the Kurdistan Region,” said Barzani. “I therefore ask the coalition countries to actively support the Kurdistan Region financially. Our brave Peshmerga and the people expect that of our allies.”

http://rudaw.net/eng...istan/270120161

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ Empty Re: Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’

Post by Kevind53 Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:54 am

I wish them luck. At least they seem to be looking at the right issues.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ 2805820865  Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ 2805820865  Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ 2805820865  Kurdish government pledges year of ‘reform and modernization’ 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum