Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism?

Go down

Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? Empty Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism?

Post by Ponee Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:01 pm

Is Syria the war we wanted? And is our almost invisible force structure there a reason for perverse optimism? 109405799_208fd2228d_b

As I look at American force structure for the Syrian war, I wonder if this is actually the way we should have been fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

My impression is that it is a combination of air strikes, Special Ops raids, and CIA Special Activities Division work with other players, is doing quite a lot of damage to ISIS. On top of that, political cohesion is demonstrated by high-profile but relatively ineffective bombing by allies. This is high impact, low profile. There are no big permanent bases in Syria with salsa nights, fun runs, and ice cream stands for hordes of FOBBITs. And no big conventional units stomping all over the place without a real idea of what they should be doing.

Rather, this operation has a footprint so light as to be almost invisible. It appears to be having a genuine effect. If I were inclined to military rhyming, I would say that the combined effect is that ISIS is being “racked and stacked.”

As the president said with a certain amount of satisfaction this week, “You know, when I said no boots on the ground, I think the American people understood generally that we’re not going to do an Iraq-style invasion of Iraq or Syria with battalions that are moving across the desert.” (Simultaneous translation: “Hey, I figured out the American people don’t care as long as the presence is small, and not on the front pages.”)

Indeed, what we are doing now is almost an American version of the Iranian presence in Iraq, 2005 to 2009. And they now run a big part of Iraq. I still would like to read a study of the Iranian presence in Iraq — it strikes me as a model of a training, advisory and surgical strike operation (TASSO).

No wonder word on the street has it that Gen. Joseph Votel, currently the chief of Special Operations Command, will be the next commander of Central Command, the U.S. military headquarters for operations in the Middle East.

LINK

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum