Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food

2 posters

Go down

McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food Empty McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food

Post by Ponee Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:16 am

Robust health requires nothing more than a little exercise and a daily dose or three of fast food. That's the message of the new 20-minute video 540 Meals: Choices Make the Difference (viewable here, short teaser above), being promoted in high schools and middle schools by McDonald's and uncovered by the superb school-food blogger Bettina Elias Siegel.

McDonald's recommends using the film "as a supplemental video to current food and nutritional curriculum."

The video focuses on the dietary and exercise regimen of John Cisna, who identifies himself as an "Iowa HS [high school] Science Teacher who lost over 50 lbs eating only McDonald's," who "now travel[s] across the country sharing my message about food choice." Cisna gained notoriety when he mimicked the self-experiment of documentarian Morgan Spurlock, the director and subject of the famed Super Size Me (2004), by taking his meals exclusively at McDonald's for six months straight. Unlike Spurlock, who saw his weight rise and his health falter, Cisna claims his weight plunged and his health improved. One key difference: Whereas Spurlock famously assented to any plea by a McDonald's employee to "supersize" his orders, Cisna stuck rigorously to a limit of 2,000 calories per day.

Apparently still haunted by the specter of Super Size Me a decade since its release, McDonald's embraced Cisna, taking him on as a paid "brand ambassador" and now pushing his message to school kids, both through the 540 Meals film and through appearances at schools, documented on Cisna's Twitter feed. Siegel uncovered this McDonald's-produced "teachers discussion guide" to 540 Meals. It recommends using the film "as a supplemental video to current food and nutritional curriculum," particularly in "plans that incorporate Morgan Spurlock's Super Size Me." She also points to this August press release from McDonald's franchisees in the New York tri-state area, flogging 540 Meals to "high school educators looking for information to demonstrate the importance of balanced food choices."

As Siegel shows in this handy list of quotes from the film, it brims with agitprop for the famous burger-and-fries purveyor, including such wisdom as "through careful planning and mindful choices, you can still enjoy your favorite McDonald's items."
So what's wrong with pushing Cisna's message to school kids? Plenty, writes Siegel in her post, which is well worth reading in its entirety. Here's a sample:

First, neither 540 Meals nor the discussion guide ever offer young viewers the critically important disclaimer that "Your calorie needs may be significantly lower than John Cisna's," nor do they even discuss how one might go about calculating one’s daily caloric requirements. Instead, students are left with the vague but reassuring message that "choice and balance," along with a 45-minute walk (which might burn off about 1/5 of a Big Mac) will allow them to eat whatever they want at McDonald’s on a regular basis.

http://www.motherjones.com/tom-philpott/2015/10/mcdonalds-spams-schools-infomercial-virtues-fast-food

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food Empty Re: McDonald's Spams Schools With Infomercial on the Virtues of Fast Food

Post by Ssmith Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:00 am

And he mentions "critical thinking".  What's more important...  Losing a few pounds or eating healthy good?

Just because you lost weight on a diet, doesn't mean that diet has to be even remotely healthy.  You can lose weight eating anything you want as long as you are burning more calories than you are taking in.

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum