Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’

3 posters

Go down

Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ Empty Re: Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’

Post by Ponee Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:17 am

Enlarge this image
Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ Hospital_feet

Since birth, Julianna Snow has suffered from an incurable neurodegenerative disorder that has had her in and out of the hospital, and has prevented her from going to the City Bible Church in Portland, Ore., where her family belongs.

Tribune Media Wire reported that when 5-year-old Julianna was 4, her family made her an offer: The next time she got seriously ill, she could choose to go to the hospital or heaven. There, they said, she would be able to eat without a tube, play and run— everyday activities other kids get to engage in but ones that Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, or CMT, has robbed from Julianna. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), CMT is one of the most common inherited neurological disorders, affecting about 1 in 2,500 people in the United States. The disorder impacts the peripheral nerves, which are outside the brain and spinal cord, and supply the muscles and sensory organs in the limbs.

At first, Julianna's severe case of CMT debilitated her arms and legs, but now it’s targeting the nerves that control her breathing muscles, according to the wire service.
Doctors predict that, the next time the little girl gets ill with something as minor as the common cold, she stands the risk of dying from pneumonia.

In May, Michelle Moon, Julianna’s mother, shared her family’s story on The Mighty, a blogging platform for families coping with devastating disease and disability. In the post, she recounts a conversation with her 4-year-old daughter:
“Moon: You don’t want to go to the hospital, right, J?
Julianna:  I don’t like NT [naso-tracheal suction, the thing she hated the most from the hospital].

Moon: I know. So if you get sick again, you want to stay home?

Julianna:  I hate NT. I hate the hospital.

Moon: Right. So if you get sick again, you want to stay home. But you know that probably means you will go to heaven, right?

Julianna: (nods)

Moon: And it probably means that you will go to heaven by yourself, and Mommy will join you later.

Julianna: But I won’t be alone.

Moon: That’s right. You will not be alone.”
God also will be in heaven, and he will love her more than her parents do, Moon and Steve Snow explained to their daughter.

Following comments from some readers who criticized Moon’s and Snow’s decision to allow their young daughter to make an end-of-life choice, Moon posted a second time on TheMighty.com in June. In the post, she wrote that “She (Julianna) hasn’t changed her mind about going back to the hospital, and she knows that this means she’ll go to heaven by herself. If she gets sick, we’ll ask her again, and we’ll honor her wishes.”

The family’s decision has also raised concern among some bioethicists, such as Art Caplan, of New York University, who argued to the Tribune Media Wire that children don’t understand death until age 9 or 10.

“This doesn’t sit well with me,” he told the wire service.
But their choice has also drawn supporters, like Caplan’s former coworker Dr. Chris Feudtner, a pediatrician and ethicist at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, who disagreed with Caplan.

“To say her (Julianna’s) experience is irrelevant doesn’t make any sense,” Feudtner told the wire service. “She knows more than anyone what it’s like to be not a theoretical girl with a progressive neuromuscular disorder, but to be Julianna.”

According to the Tribune Media Wire, Julianna has not had an infection for a year, but her family is preparing for her death and Julianna is preparing for heaven.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/10/27/oregon-family-lets-dying-5-year-old-daughter-decide-heaven-or-hospital/?intcmp=trending

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ Empty Re: Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’

Post by Terbo56 Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:34 pm

She's a very brave little girl- She has my blessings, and may God bless, love, and keep her in his kingdom, comfortably- angel2 Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ 230677302 Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ 2243815925

Last edited by terbo56 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chilimama Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:03 am

I READ YESTERDAY THAT PEOPLE ARE ALL UP IN ARMS OVER THIS, THOSE PEOPLE JUST NEED TO STFU. THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THIS LITTLE ANGEL HAS BEEN GOING THROUGH.

Oregon family lets dying 5-year-old daughter decide: ‘Heaven or the hospital?’ 2834342768 angel2

Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. - Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr.
chilimama
chilimama
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:18 pm

Chilimama, you are 100% correct- Some people fail to understand what a child goes through, and therefore apparently need their 5 minutes of shame, like the woman who got pissed off, because they let this child make her own decision- People like them need to mind their own business, and stay out of other people's affairs- They forget, that they were a child many years ago, and if they had thought the same way that this little girl did, they may have had a different out look-Maybe this person was a high school drop out, because if she wasn't she would have thought differently, voiced her thoughts in a more human aspect,and wouldn't have voiced such a cruel opinion-They name streets after people like that- One way, and dead end- 2cents
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum