Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker

Go down

Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker Empty Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker

Post by RamblerNash Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:41 pm

Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker

Alaa Shahine and Ahmed Feteha |  14-09-2015, 10:38 AM | Iraq |

Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker IraqiDinar

Any devaluation would be limited, says Iraq's central bank governor

Central bank Governor Ali Mohsen Ismail said Iraq has enough foreign reserves to maintain its currency peg but didn’t rule out a minor devaluation to shore up government revenue hurt by the slump in oil prices and the war on Islamic State militants.

The central bank’s reserves are enough to cover more than six months of imports, higher than what is typically needed to maintain the exchange-rate, Ismail said in an interview in Cairo on 13 September. The peg is a “key anchor to the economy,” the International Monetary Fund said in August.

“There is no fear for the dinar,” the governor said. However, if “the pressure remains, we could marginally change the exchange rate to increase revenues of the finance ministry,” he said. “But this is just an option that needs to carefully studied because we don’t want to give away what we have achieved in terms of the inflation rate, which is perfect now.”

Iraq, OPEC’s second-biggest oil producer, is engulfed in armed conflict with Islamic State militants who took control of major Iraqi cities and some oil facilities last year. The country has announced plans to raise $6 billion in bonds and received emergency IMF aid to plug a ballooning budget deficit.

Ismail said the budget shortfall will be lower than the 25.4 trillion dinar ($20.9 billion) originally planned because the finance ministry is already cutting spending.

The yield on Iraq’s $2.7 billion Eurobonds due 2028 has surged 1.7 percentage points this year to 9.588 per cent, the highest since 2009, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

http://www.businessweekme.com/Bloomberg/newsmid/190/newsid/1116/Iraqs-Reserves-Enough-to-Maintain-Currency-Peg-Says-Central-Banker

Iraq's Reserves Enough to Maintain Currency Peg, Says Central Banker 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum