Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers

Go down

Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers Empty Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers

Post by RamblerNash Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:37 am

Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers

20.9.2015 19:49 | updated 20.9.2015 19:52

Finland’s Ministry of Interior reports that just shy of 350 asylum seekers entered the entire country on Saturday, down from Thursday and Friday’s reports of less than 500 daily. The actual figures are much lower than several alarmist media reports have led the public to believe. The Finnish Red Cross has announced it will cease trying to estimate the incoming numbers of refugees, as it has proved so unpredictable.

Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers Lks20150918%20tornio%20maahanmuutto%20pakolaiset
Asylum seekers walk to the Tornio reception centre on September 18.  Image: Jussi Nukari / Lehtikuva

Interior Ministry Communications Director Mika Mäkinen says the fact that only 348 people registered as asylum seekers throughout the whole country on Saturday indicates the refugee influx to Finland is clearly calming.

Asylum seekers are crossing Finland’s northern borders at the cities of Oulu,
Muonio and Tornio. A total of 650 people were reported to be staying in Lapland’s emergency housing facilities as of Saturday, but this number does not include people who are spending the night at reception centres.

Mäkinen points out that some asylum seekers are also arriving by airplane and boat, and not all people crossing the border into Finland are registered asylum seekers.

Finnish Red Cross to stop predictions

The Tornio chapter of the Finnish Red Cross says it will cease its efforts to estimate the number of asylum seekers they expect to arrive, as the lack of official monitoring makes the process highly unpredictable. In future, the group will limit itself to reporting on the numbers of people who have already received lodging in emergency housing.

On Saturday, the Tornio Red Cross provided shelter to 110 people for the evening. Approximately 30 were housed in family arrangements, while 79 men shared all-male quarters. The charity says its ability to accommodate the incomers has been sufficient.

Local Red Cross spokesman Pekka Reinikainen said that on Saturday he witnessed when a family that has lived in Lahti for the last five years greeted relatives that had just arrived over the border in Tornio.

“The Red Cross aims to assist people who are at their most vulnerable. Many of the people who are crossing the border into Finland are extremely exhausted and in poor condition,” Reinikainen says.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/asylum_seekers_decrease_red_cross_stops_trying_to_predict_incoming_numbers/8318868

Asylum seekers decrease, Red Cross stops trying to predict incoming numbers 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum