Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation

Go down

U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation Empty U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation

Post by Ponee Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:49 pm

There is a shared belief among the members of the Group of 20 leading economies in the need to "double down" against competitive currency devaluation and avoid it in both policy and language, a senior U.S. Treasury official said on Saturday

U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to 'double down' against devaluation ?m=02&d=20150905&t=2&i=1077114902&w=644&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=LYNXNPEB8404F
Finance and labour ministers gather for a group photo of the G20 Joint Meeting of Finance and Labour Ministers in Ankara, Turkey, September 4, 2015.

Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of the G20 meeting of central bankers and finance ministers in the Turkish capital Ankara, the official said the final communique from the meeting was expected to address competitive devaluation, where countries attempt to drive down a currency to boost exports.

"You can make policy decisions that lead to competitive devaluation, (or) you can say things that lead to talking down a currency," the official said.

"There is a shared sense that the G20 needs to double down on its principle that competitive devaluation is a bad thing."

Currencies have come into sharp focus at the G20 meeting, after China devalued the yuan in a surprise move in August, sparking market turmoil.

But Beijing appears to have learned about the importance of transparency in the communication of monetary policy from its latest market turmoil, the official said.

A draft of the communique obtained by Reuters on Friday showed that G20 members will likely to reiterate a promise to "refrain from competitive devaluations and resist all forms of protectionism".

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/05/us-g20-turkey-usa-idUSKCN0R50AA20150905

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum