Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Wells Fargo Bank I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Wells Fargo Bank

+9
greenlight
Catherine
me4RV
jtdinar
silkysand
clayf
hhammer
milleriniraq
Pfrydr
13 posters

Go down

Wells Fargo Bank Empty Wells Fargo Bank

Post by Pfrydr Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:50 pm

wells fargo bank told my sister in law they would exchange the 5s, the 10 s, and the twenty's that the 10 k was outdated.

Pfrydr

Back to top Go down

Wells Fargo Bank Empty Re: Wells Fargo Bank

Post by milleriniraq Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:54 pm

I am not doubting what your sister was told but I just got dinar from military finance in Iraq today and it was all in the same dinar as always. Still at 1170 to 1. Just intel from this side of the world. And no they don't have any lower denoms cause I always ask. So I still think we're a little bit out.

milleriniraq
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pfrydr Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:56 pm

I thought it was really weird they would tell her that. of course now she's kind of freaked out about it.

Pfrydr

Back to top Go down

Post by hhammer Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:58 pm

How can a valid note be outdated? A valid note is a valid note. The US doesn't have $10,000 notes in circulation any longer, but should you have one in your posession, it's as as good as the the day it was printed. I think this is misinformation from WF, or they're playing games.....

hhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by milleriniraq Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:00 pm

It might be that some banks aren't going to deal with it until it RV's. I have no proof for that, just a thought. I'm sure there are alot of people bugging the crap out of bank tellers who have no clue what the dinar is. It's just a sign of our times. People are really hurting out there so maybe that is a way a bank could "protect" itself. Just an opinion but I would tell your sister that if her stuff is outdated, there is a guy in Iraq who is really going to have to rethink getting home and future plans. Ha.

milleriniraq
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clayf Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:05 pm

tell your sister in-law to go back to that bank and say ok cash my 5 and tens in but first whats the rate.what are they going to do your sis produces a ten (which isnt even around)but if it was then they give her a 1/2 a penny back..get her to act like she has super low demons and see what this bank does then
clayf
clayf
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Wells Fargo Bank Empty You got dinar?

Post by silkysand Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:11 pm

milleriniraq wrote:I am not doubting what your sister was told but I just got dinar from military finance in Iraq today and it was all in the same dinar as always. Still at 1170 to 1. Just intel from this side of the world. And no they don't have any lower denoms cause I always ask. So I still think we're a little bit out.

Hi, sorry to jump in on this topic..But im curious to know how in the world did you manage to get dinars from Iraq today?....Because my nephew and neice are stationed there in iraq as we speak, they tried getting dinars and were told sorry but we're no longer selling dinars..fact, not rumor or speculation...Im not questioning the authentication of your statement , but much rather could you please tell me "From where and whom"? They just found out that the dinar will revalue soon as they were told in iraq about 2 days ago but they couldnt even request to buy some dinars because they h adnt gotten paid yet until today... So in an attempt to purchase , thats when they were told ....Iraq no longer will be selling dinars...Thanks...be blessed
silkysand
silkysand
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Post by jtdinar Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:23 pm

"Outdated" doesn't sound like a term a banker would use. The 10k notes are no longer available, this does not mean they are no good or not honored.......

jtdinar

Back to top Go down

Wells Fargo Bank Empty Appreciated.

Post by silkysand Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Catherine wrote:Check out www.dinarinc.com They work 24/7 and buy & sell every day-extremely great customer service and I am pretty sure I heard that their staff must go to Iraq once per month to keep updated and all. Hope that helps Smile

I guess they thought since they were there, why not buy the dinar here...However,
I will relate the info to my nephew and niece. im sure they will be happy to hear this.....be blessed.

coffee  Want to know Jesus? call him! Very Happy  Want to meet him? Text & Drive wreckless

God bless
silkysand
silkysand
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Post by me4RV Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:26 pm

WHAT ABOUT THE 25s????
me4RV
me4RV
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:27 pm

Let me know how it turns out! They are very educated, conservative, "grounded", no-hype kind of people there & I have nothing but good things to say about them. Heck anyone who would take a call from me about something I read in here and talk with me for 20? minutes at 10:30pm sure has my respect! I plan on selling mine back to them & having them wire the $ into my bank-nice and easy! Keep me updated Smile
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milleriniraq Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:31 pm

No problem. I'm at Al Asad. One of the reasons as I posted to somebody earlier is that, with the drawdown, maybe the finance office only had so much and after that was gone, they weren't going to get anymore. There are alot of bases closing down and alot of amenities that we used to have aren't around anymore. Believe me, I can't believe the difference from a year ago. So, I got my dinar from military finance on base here but that would be my guess. I sure as heck hope it's because it is RVing. However, I haven't heard from this site as I was still at the 1170 to 1.

milleriniraq
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by greenlight Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Pfrydr wrote:I thought it was really weird they would tell her that. of course now she's kind of freaked out about it.
Just a thought.. since the CBI is replacing the 10K note with the new 10 note, could it be they see this as out-dating the 10K note?
greenlight
greenlight
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by silkysand Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:38 pm

milleriniraq wrote:No problem. I'm at Al Asad. One of the reasons as I posted to somebody earlier is that, with the drawdown, maybe the finance office only had so much and after that was gone, they weren't going to get anymore. There are alot of bases closing down and alot of amenities that we used to have aren't around anymore. Believe me, I can't believe the difference from a year ago. So, I got my dinar from military finance on base here but that would be my guess. I sure as heck hope it's because it is RVing. However, I haven't heard from this site as I was still at the 1170 to 1.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR QUICK RESPONCE. MY NEPHEW IS IN TEKRIT I BELIEVE, AND MY NIECE IS IN BAGHDAD...WE DIDN'T GO INTO DETAIL OF SPECIFICS OF WHERE THE SOUGHT TO PURCHASE THE DINAR FROM..BUT ALL INFORMATION HERE BELEIVE ME I WILL RELATE TO THEM SHORTLY ...

THANKS AGAIN ....

AND YES, THEY TOO SAY MANY THINGS HAVE CHANGED FROM THEIR LAST DEPLOYMENT EARLY 2010...BUT INSHALLAH THEY WILL RETURN EARLY MID NOVEMBER...STAY SAFE AND ALL MY BLESSINGS TO ALL...

coffee  Want to know Jesus? call him! Very Happy  Want to meet him? Text & Drive wreckless

God bless
silkysand
silkysand
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Wells Fargo Bank Empty SOON AS I HEAR WORD FROM THEM ...I'LL RELATE THE OUTCOME..THX AGAIN.

Post by silkysand Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Catherine wrote:Let me know how it turns out! They are very educated, conservative, "grounded", no-hype kind of people there & I have nothing but good things to say about them. Heck anyone who would take a call from me about something I read in here and talk with me for 20? minutes at 10:30pm sure has my respect! I plan on selling mine back to them & having them wire the $ into my bank-nice and easy! Keep me updated Smile
silkysand
silkysand
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Post by milleriniraq Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:47 pm

My guess is that it's just the finance office running out. I can get dinar from local iraqis but I don't trust it. Heck, they don't even trust it.
It's amazing the transformation of some of these sites. It's tough though because it's hard to plan on those changes. Just like stuff we could get from the BX now is tough because maybe that soap isn't being ordered anymore or that coffee. Just things you take for granted and then you have to adapt. Tell them both thank you for their service. 3 years over here and I've met some great soldiers. I hope to be home with them by November.

milleriniraq
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pfrydr Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:54 pm

okay my bad. I called her and it seems obvious they thought kuwait dinar. I had to explain that she can't cash in till the rate Is at the bank. Sorry about the misunderstanding

Pfrydr

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:43 pm

Catherine wrote:Check out www.dinarinc.com They work 24/7 and buy & sell every day-extremely great customer service and I am pretty sure I heard that their staff must go to Iraq once per month to keep updated and all. Hope that helps Smile

I think the point was that the kids were in iraq and cant get them from their base. Not that you cant find dinar to buy.....
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:45 pm

Pfrydr wrote:wells fargo bank told my sister in law they would exchange the 5s, the 10 s, and the twenty's that the 10 k was outdated.

Uhm..... how can they exchange notes that done exist yet????
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Pfrydr wrote:okay my bad. I called her and it seems obvious they thought kuwait dinar. I had to explain that she can't cash in till the rate Is at the bank. Sorry about the misunderstanding

Well I shoulda waited til I read the entire post before commenting lol!!! Makes sense and thanks for updating us!!!
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dovbird Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:53 pm

I just bought 2 million dinar and they send me $10,000k notes from a bank that i oredered last week. they told 5-6 weeks got them in a weeks time. 2 mil only $10,000 notes.
Did i just loose it all?

dovbird

Back to top Go down

Post by silkysand Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:23 pm

milleriniraq wrote:My guess is that it's just the finance office running out. I can get dinar from local iraqis but I don't trust it. Heck, they don't even trust it.
It's amazing the transformation of some of these sites. It's tough though because it's hard to plan on those changes. Just like stuff we could get from the BX now is tough because maybe that soap isn't being ordered anymore or that coffee. Just things you take for granted and then you have to adapt. Tell them both thank you for their service. 3 years over here and I've met some great soldiers. I hope to be home with them by November.

UPDATE! God willing you will be able to spent xmass in the states with all the rest of the soilders and families Will keep U in our prayers....

After sending my nephew information on where he could obtain some dinars (various options) he responded back after awhile and was told he could get them from the same place you did but not many left he was told. Thank you .....be blessed.
silkysand
silkysand
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:54 pm

dovbird wrote:I just bought 2 million dinar and they send me $10,000k notes from a bank that i oredered last week. they told 5-6 weeks got them in a weeks time. 2 mil only $10,000 notes.
Did i just loose it all?

No you didnt lose anything. The original post was incorrect. The bank was referring to Kuwait Dinar. All is good. :-)
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dovbird Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:37 pm

therealbutterfly wrote:
dovbird wrote:I just bought 2 million dinar and they send me $10,000k notes from a bank that i oredered last week. they told 5-6 weeks got them in a weeks time. 2 mil only $10,000 notes.
Did i just loose it all?

No you didnt lose anything. The original post was incorrect. The bank was referring to Kuwait Dinar. All is good. :-)
THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP I REALLY GOT UPSET :{)

dovbird

Back to top Go down

Post by magnificent Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:45 pm

Silkysand: Why would you take Christ out of Christmas by using an X?

magnificent

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:59 pm

magnificent wrote:Silkysand: Why would you take Christ out of Christmas by using an X?

Its not taking Christ out of Christmas. It actually has an entire history of how it came about. X actually stands FOR Christ. Its an old time symbol. Dont get me wrong, I personally go out of my way to make sure I say and type Christmas but its NOT blasphemy to use Xmas.

This website might help you understand the history of its origin. http://www.crivoice.org/symbols/xmasorigin.html

The Origin of "Xmas"

Dennis Bratcher

Some people seem to get worked up easily about things that are either largely irrelevant or incidental, or that they do not really understand. This seems to be the case with some religious folk when the topic is an aspect of Christianity that is personally important to them.

For example, around Christmas each year there are always those who loudly decry the use of the abbreviation "Xmas" as some kind of blasphemy against Christ and Christianity. This concern has been elevated recently with the public debates about manger scenes and the substitution of "holiday" for Christmas in stores and government venues. Among religious folks, the objection to Xmas is usually along the line that people have taken Christ out of Christmas and replaced him with an unknown (since the Greek letter chi, [C,c] which looks like the English letter x, is the symbol for an unknown quantity in mathematics).

For example, on the "Voice of Prophecy" web site is an article entitled "You Can’t "X" out Christ."

You’ve heard the classic story about the little boy who noticed the huge red-and-green sign spray-painted on a department story: "Happy Xmas." And he wondered aloud about the X. Why was it X-mas? And finally, in a forlorn voice, he asked his dad: "Did they cross Christ out of Christmas, Daddy?" And the father had never thought of it that way before, but finally nodded. "Yes, Son, I guess they did." And it makes you think.

Well it certainly does make one think. It makes one think how uninformed or misinformed, and unnecessarily militant with that misinformation, so many Christians are concerning their own Faith. The story illustrates what could have been a marvelous opportunity to teach a child about some of the important symbolism of the Christian Faith. But it was an opportunity lost, in this story at least, because many Christians do not understand their own iconography and symbolism. The results are often battles waged against windmills while far more consequential issues for the Faith are neglected (a modern example of Matt. 23:23).

Now, in all honesty, the article on that web site focuses on the secular commercialization of Christmas, something to which most Christians I know would object or at least with which they are uncomfortable (note similar comments by Ken Collins in Christmas Facts [external link]). But the fact that the use of "Xmas" can be associated so easily with crass commercialization rather than locating it within the Christian tradition itself reveals a lack of understanding of heritage and history.

The same perspective is obvious in this response to a BBC broadcast on the meaning of Christmas:

The time has come to separate the religious festival of Christmas from the trading season of "xmas."

It is as if the term "Xmas" used anywhere in public is part of some diabolical grinchly plot to subvert Christmas. This is implied in other places as well. A 2005 poll on the website bible.com, a popular biblical resource site, has this question: "What concerns you the most about how the world is attacking Christmas, a Christian holiday?" The four choices given in order are:

1) Using an "X" to replace Christ’s name in Christmas - i.e. Xmas;
2) Banning manger scenes from public places;
3) Substituting "Happy Holidays" for "Merry Christmas";
4) Emphasizing Santa Claus over Baby Jesus.

Certainly, the question does not imply what the web site itself thinks of the answers. But the fact that this issue can still be included with the other fears that people have about Christmas illustrates a continuing and significant level of misinformation mixed with people’s concerns. And the less than neutral language of the question ("world," "attacking," "Christian") certainly leaves the impression that using "Xmas" is part of some worldly plot to overthrow Christendom.

This misunderstanding and fear mongering about the use of "Xmas" is not a new phenomenon. I heard the same kinds of comments in sermons many years ago. It was especially prevalent among those Christians and church leaders who wanted or needed to see the world in negative and threatening terms (see The Jonah Syndrome), or who tended to see everything in society as part of some grand conspiracy of Satan or the inexorable working out of God’s own predetermined plan, without really knowing all the facts or complexities of the situation (see Christians and Urban Legends).

I have no doubt that some people write "Xmas" because they are too busy or too lazy to write out the whole word. And no doubt some secular people, who are just as uninformed as Christians, see "Xmas" as a way to avoid writing "Christ." And certainly there are secular and commercial motives in the fact that "XMAS" appears in ads and signs because it can be larger and more attention getting in the same amount of space (more bang for the buck). But those factors do not take away the thoroughly Christian origin of the word "Xmas." In this instance, all of the hype and hysteria over supposedly taking Christ out of Christmas by writing "Xmas" instead of spelling out "Christmas" is both uninformed and misdirected.

Abbreviations used as Christian symbols have a long history in the church. The letters of the word "Christ" in Greek, the language in which the New Testament was written, or various titles for Jesus early became symbols of Christ and Christianity. For example, the first two letters of the word Christ (cristoV, or as it would be written in older manuscripts, CRISTOS) are the Greek letters chi (c or C) and rho (r or R). These letters were used in the early church to create the chi-rho monogram (see Chrismons), a symbol that by the fourth century became part of the official battle standard of the emperor Constantine.

Another example is the symbol of the fish, one of the earliest symbols of Christians that has been found scratched on the walls of the catacombs of Rome. It likely originated from using the first letter of several titles of Jesus (Jesus Christ Son of God Savior). When combined these initial letters together spelled the Greek word for fish (icquV, ichthus).

The exact origin of the single letter X for Christ cannot be pinpointed with certainty. Some claim that it began in the first century AD along with the other symbols, but evidence is lacking. Others think that it came into widespread use by the thirteenth century along with many other abbreviations and symbols for Christianity and various Christian ideas that were popular in the Middle Ages. However, again, the evidence is sparse.

In any case, by the fifteenth century Xmas emerged as a widely used symbol for Christmas. In 1436 Johannes Gutenberg invented the printing press with moveable type. In the early days of printing typesetting was done by hand and was very tedious and expensive. As a result, abbreviations were common. In religious publications, the church began to use the abbreviation C for the word "Christ" to cut down on the cost of the books and pamphlets. From there, the abbreviation moved into general use in newspapers and other publications, and "Xmas" became an accepted way of printing "Christmas" (along with the abbreviations Xian and Xianity). Even Webster’s dictionary acknowledges that the abbreviation Xmas was in common use by the middle of the sixteenth century.

So there is no grand scheme to dilute Christianity by promoting the use of Xmas instead of Christmas. It is not a modern invention to try to convert Christmas into a secular day, nor is it a device to promote the commercialism of the holiday season. Its origin is thoroughly rooted in the heritage of the Church. It is simply another way to say Christmas, drawing on a long history of symbolic abbreviations used in the church. In fact, as with other abbreviations used in common speech or writing (such as Mr. or etc.), the abbreviation "Xmas" should be pronounced "Christmas" just as if the word were written out in full, rather than saying "exmas." Understanding this use of Christian symbolism might help us modern day Xians focus on more important issues of the Faith during Advent, and bring a little more Peace to the Xmas Season.

-Dennis Bratcher, Copyright © 2007, Dennis Bratcher - All Rights Reserved
See Copyright and User Information Notice
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ntvtexan Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:51 pm

Sorry, I don't go for that...nor do I go for the old "Holiday Tree" over Christmas Tree.
The PC Bull$**t MUST be brought to an end if you TRULY care for Christ's sacrifice on
the cross for our sins.

YEEEEESSSS....to those of us who are not language scholars, the Xmas is wrong...like
it or not, it IS wrong....and offensive.

They can bring all the Greek, or any other language in to try and gain acceptance of
the Xmas usage, but we ARE talking about ENGLISH, and we ARE talking about CHRIST !

And the stores selling MADE IN CHINA are the ones that REALLY started pushing this.
Like Target selling the Holiday Trees when I was looking for a Christmas Tree a few
years back..sorry, NO SALE there.

So, let's just keep it peaceful by agreeing to KEEP :king: CHRIST :king: in Christmas ! :cheers:

Otherwise....we may as well start calling it FISHmas :shock: .... shame ....

and that wouldn't be offensive to ANYONE, would it ? ( Twisted Evil Ooooohhhh YEAH.....I like it! Twisted Evil )

ntvtexan
ntvtexan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:01 am

ntvtexan, Just wanted to point out that in the 15th century, political correctness didnt exist. All I was doing was showing that there is a history of the word Xmas from hundreds of years ago. Its not an insult, tho many Christians now take it as such. I think in the light of how our country is trying to remove God from our everyday lives is the trigger.

As I said, I personally say Christmas and wont change. But I just like to show the truth of things when there is something out there that is a misconception. :-)
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum