Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band

2 posters

Go down

Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band Empty Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band

Post by Ssmith Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:17 pm

On 19 August, the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) announced an adjustment to the average inter-bank VND/USD exchange rate, raising the rate from 21,673 VND/USD to 21,890 VND/USD, the equivalent of a 1.0% increase. The Bank also decided to widen the exchange rate trading band from +/-2.0% to +/-3.0%, spreading the floor and ceiling exchange rates to 21,233 and 22,547 VND per USD, respectively. The move follows two prior devaluations of the dong this year of 1.0 percentage points each in January and May.

The move to devalue the currency comes in response to the depreciation of the Chinese yuan earlier this month, and will help support Vietnam’s external position as currencies in the region lose ground against the greenback. A weaker dong also means the SBV is able to use less resources in order to maintain the exchange rate as strengthened expectations of the Fed’s interest rate hike later this year put downward pressure on the currency.

The decision to widen the dong’s trading band follows a similar action on 12 August to expand the band from +/-1.0% to +/-2.0% around the previous midpoint of 21,673 VND/USD. The SBV had defended that decision stating that a stronger recovery in the U.S. and uncertainty in Europe over the Greek debt fallout, as well as other external factors, required a more flexible trading band.

The list of adjustments made by the SBV in August is indicative of a host of pressures affecting Asian forex markets. With these changes, the SBV hopes to safeguard the dong against fluctuation in domestic and international markets, and maintain the competitiveness of Vietnam’s exporters.

FocusEconomics Consensus Forecast panellists expect the dong to trade at 21,812 per USD at the end of this year. For 2016, the panel projects the dong to trade at 22,108 per USD.

Author: Robert Hill, Economist

http://http://www.focus-economics.com/news/vietnam/exchange-rate/central-bank-devalues-dong-widens-trading-band
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band Empty Re: Central Bank devalues dong, widens trading band

Post by GypZ Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:32 pm

Dong will never rise !!!!!!LOOK HOW LONG THEY HAVE BEEN DEVALUED !!!!!Besides china won't allow that!
GypZ
GypZ
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum