Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!!

Go down

Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! Empty Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!!

Post by RamblerNash Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:37 pm

Cult Mentality

In 1993 a Charismatic leader; David Koresh led 75 people to their deaths, in 1978 Jim Jones murdered over 900 people when they drank the infamous kool-aid. Most cults have a common theme, a charismatic leaders, one that can persuade and alter ones train of thought. This can be done by making poeple think they are in danger, forcing them into a state of fear, naturally making them look up to someone for safety/ refuge.

Dr. Michael Langone, has done considerable research in the field of mind-manipulating movements. He's identified some key traits that cultish movements reveal themselves. Steve Hassan, a former cult member and one of the leading experts of cults has also contributed a lot to the field. Both of these men have helped in identifying the tell-tale signs of cult mentality.

What they say:

• "Cult members are “focused on a living leader to whom members seem to display excessively zealous, unquestioning commitment.” The leader is a strong-willed, domineering character who rules the group with tight control. He lets it be known in subtle ways that he is in charge of the movement. He makes the plans, he orchestrates the movements of the group or groups (sometimes he exercises his sway over several groups). He dispatches the workers, assigns their chores, etc."
  • "“Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged,” and there can be pressure or social punishment when there is disagreement with the “boss.” Those who disagree are made to feel as though they are stupid or inept. They are brainwashed with the notion that they do not have the knowledge or experience to question the leader. Younger people are particularly vulnerable to the leader’s gift of gab, and his feigned expertise. No matter how radical the leader becomes in his decisions or actions, the cult members will not criticize him. Even if there should be mild disagreement, no specific expressions are voiced. The members reason that though he may be mistaken in some of his judgments, yet the overall good he accomplishes outweighs any minor flaws.
    Members are taught to “rationalize” the conduct of the leader in matters they have always “considered unethical before,” under the guise that the “end justifies the means.”"
  • "The leader “is preoccupied with [raising] money.” There is always a need for increasing finances. New projects are ever in the planning. Members are strongly encouraged to greatly sacrifice for the leader’s current pet enterprise. There is little pressure let-up; members of the group must be kept revved up on a continual basis.
    The cult leader always takes the major credit for the movement’s accomplishments. Members become psychologically dependent upon him. “What would we ever do without our leader?,” is the cult mentality."
  • "The cult leader generates within his members “a polarized” mentality. His people evolve an us-versus-them outlook. Little by little, he criticizes other groups with which his members might tend to associate, undermining confidence in them, attempting to discredit anyone who could have influence over his flock."
  • "The cult leader has a clearly defined anti-authoritarian disposition. Within the context of the church, for instance, he would have an “anti-elder” attitude. Elders would be recipients of constant critical remarks. No cult leader would affiliate himself with a congregation having elders to whom he must be in submission. Control could not be maintained in such an environment.
    The cult leader will constantly criticize preachers, particularly those whose knowledge of the Scriptures eclipse his own. Members must be made to feel that he is the chief authority in spiritual matters."
  • "Cult members are seen occasionally to take on a new personality. They begin to act differently. They become increasingly antagonistic to family members and long-time friends. They may even boast, “I am not the old [name] that you used to know; I am a new person now.” And indeed they are. They have become strangers to those who knew them well. They have been transformed into the image of their leader."

http://psychologyofcults.blogspot.com/2012/05/cult-mentality.html

Cult Mentality - TNT Tony...The leader of the pack. And PAM!!! 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum