Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
confused on rates I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

confused on rates

+7
therealbutterfly
BoltUpright
Catherine
popeye
coloradobound
Padrev
busterwayne
11 posters

Go down

confused on rates Empty confused on rates

Post by busterwayne Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:34 pm

bounce or my 71 year old brain is. There were 2 rates mentioned $3.68 and $5.25, I would really like for someone to explain how we get the higher , or course, rate.

my brain thanks you

busterwayne

Back to top Go down

confused on rates Empty Re: confused on rates

Post by Padrev Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:36 pm

$5.25 is old speculation.. ignore it

Padrev

Back to top Go down

confused on rates Empty Subject: POPPY, vic1 and some Ghost 8/31 10:00PM CST

Post by coloradobound Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:40 pm

May God bless and protect each and everyone of you 'intel' providers...
coloradobound
coloradobound

Back to top Go down

Post by popeye Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:47 am

busterwayne wrote: bounce or my 71 year old brain is. There were 2 rates mentioned $3.68 and $5.25, I would really like for someone to explain how we get the higher , or course, rate.

my brain thanks you

The $3.68 is Okie's latest rate that his source just recently reported for the RV. The $5.25 has been rehashed again in the last couple of days. They are now saying the $3.68 is going to be the bank rate if you cash in at a bank and the $5.25 will be the CBI rate if you cash in with a dinar dealer like DB or DT. It's really a guess as to what the rate will be, but I'm hoping for the most!

Don't take yourself so seriously......nobody else does!!
popeye
popeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:59 am

Busterwayne~I have heard anywhere from 85 cents to $16.00 LOL! But lately I am hearing $3.68 USD the most. I have not heard the $5.25 version in eons (and that was to be pegged to the GBP making it roughly $8.50)...so maybe think 85 cents to $3.68 just to be safe!

Popeye~where did you hear the $5.25 via the dealers?! Wooohooo if that is true since my plan is to sell them to my Dinar Dealer and they always go w/ the CBI rate. Make that more like WOO HOOOOOO!!! bigsmile hanghead bigsmile

Last edited by Catherine on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:24 am; edited 4 times in total
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by popeye Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:08 am

Catherine.......I read it yesterday thru one of the other guru's (can't remember which one) concerning the bank rate vs. CBI rate. The GETTEAM CC tonight mentioned the 2 rates also. They also had Frank from DB on as a guest again.

Don't take yourself so seriously......nobody else does!!
popeye
popeye

Back to top Go down

Post by BoltUpright Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:59 am

Yes, the $5.25 to GBP was tossed out a month or two ago but I believe it was Bluwolf(?) who mentioned the $5.25 again yesterday, saying to shop around and negotiate. If by some fluke he's right then with that much of a spread(and IF Ty and Ali are still able to honor the CBI rate) then the lines with the Dealers will either be 20 times longer or the banks are going to have to learn to negotiate.
BoltUpright
BoltUpright
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:07 am

Banks have already said they will offer no spread. So the same buy back rate as the dealers. No need to waste time with a middle man if you ask me. :-)
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milleriniraq Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:24 am

I would agree with that. The spread should be the same. If this thing ever RVs and I get to come home, I don't think think there will be a big difference with my banks or buyers. I will have to say however, that some of these rates are outrageous. I think the more common sense is .86 for ease of implementation or 1 to 1 for ease of the local population. Besides if it were to come out higher, there wouldn't be alot of room for growth which is what they need to leave open. They are never coming out higher than Kuwait. That would cause all sorts of issues that people in the states, on the whole, don't understand. It's already going to cause alot of issues with middle eastern countries when they RV. Unbelievable the amount of pride involved between these countries. No wonder they keep fighting. They keep cutting off their noses to spite their respective faces.

milleriniraq
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NC227B Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:53 am

Reply to millerin iraq....we do not live in a barrel ...we get far more news here, than you do there. We certainly understand the implications that rates differences would cause problems between Iraq and Kuwait. I have a grandson in Iraq that drives for a "big stick". and so do lots of others. DO NOT assume that we are so stupid...Every day we are bombarded with remarks telling that we are brainless..THEY tell us how to handle our money and what we should think.."FRANKLY, MY DEAR"..... I'm as P--- and Vinegar type- old lady that grew up in the sixtys. You young squirts will never see nor comprehend our vast amount of knowledge and experience. There are thousands of us on OOM. I am proud of my peer group...STOP INSULTING US..

NC227B

Back to top Go down

confused on rates Empty HERES YOUR RATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Just Da Truth Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:04 am

Remember what i said before about two rates?
[kaperoni] But as I was told months ago, there were two rates. It appears that the lower rate (close to 1 to 1) is going to be the rate.
[kaperoni] So IMO, Shabibi is not going to wait. He is ready to RV and the RV can come at any time.
[kaperoni] Done

Just Da Truth
Just Da Truth
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Post by milleriniraq Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:43 am

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how I was insulting anyone. I didn't state for a fact that I had "intel". Just stated some common sense that could be applied to the issue. I don't care how old or young anyone is, common sense doesn't dictate that we would see a rate that high. For that matter, you are unaware of my age or experience as well. I believe the information flow with the internet and sources is about the same here as back in the states. I don't see how any information I have gathered from talking to locals and others on and off base here would somehow preclude me from giving out information that others can digest. If it would make everyone feel better I suppose I could spout ridiculous numbers attributed to anonymous sources but I'd rather just stick with what I am hearing and the reasonable conclusions I can draw from that.

milleriniraq
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cbc Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:57 am

milleriniraq wrote:I'm at a bit of a loss as to how I was insulting anyone. I didn't state for a fact that I had "intel". Just stated some common sense that could be applied to the issue. I don't care how old or young anyone is, common sense doesn't dictate that we would see a rate that high. For that matter, you are unaware of my age or experience as well. I believe the information flow with the internet and sources is about the same here as back in the states. I don't see how any information I have gathered from talking to locals and others on and off base here would somehow preclude me from giving out information that others can digest. If it would make everyone feel better I suppose I could spout ridiculous numbers attributed to anonymous sources but I'd rather just stick with what I am hearing and the reasonable conclusions I can draw from that.

keep posting Milleriniraq, i read no issue with your post - i appreciate your logical & sensible insights.
cbc
cbc

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:02 am

milleriniraq wrote:I'm at a bit of a loss as to how I was insulting anyone. I didn't state for a fact that I had "intel". Just stated some common sense that could be applied to the issue. I don't care how old or young anyone is, common sense doesn't dictate that we would see a rate that high. For that matter, you are unaware of my age or experience as well. I believe the information flow with the internet and sources is about the same here as back in the states. I don't see how any information I have gathered from talking to locals and others on and off base here would somehow preclude me from giving out information that others can digest. If it would make everyone feel better I suppose I could spout ridiculous numbers attributed to anonymous sources but I'd rather just stick with what I am hearing and the reasonable conclusions I can draw from that.

Well said. Nothing you said in your first post was condescending or rude. I think someone else need to have more fiber in their p*** and vinegar. Very Happy
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum