Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal

Go down

Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal Empty Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal

Post by RAYCINTODINARS Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:35 pm

Canada's Capgent signs with Iraq on $1.2B energy deal
http://af.reuters.com/article/energy...76107520110702

Iraq signs $1.2 bln power deal with Canada's Capgent
Sat Jul 2, 2011 4:48pm GMT
* Iraq grappling with chronic electricity shortage

* Capgent to install 10 power stations, each 100 MW capacity

BAGHDAD, July 2 (Reuters) - Iraq has signed a $1.2 billion contract with Canada's Capgent to build 10 power stations with a total capacity of 1,000 megawatts in a bid to meet local demand, the country's Electricity Ministry said on Saturday.

Each station has a capacity of 100 MW and will be installed by the Canadian Alliance for Power Generation Equipment (Capgent) around Iraq over 12 months, the ministry said in a statement.

The private Canadian thermal and diesel power plant construction company has electricity projects around the world, including in Kenya, Nepal, Angola and Mexico.

Iraq will have to repay the cost of the contract to Capgent once the power stations come into service and the total amount should be paid within two years, the statement said.

Iraq faces a chronic electricity shortage and intermittent power is one of the public's top complaints.

More than eight years after the U.S.-led invasion, its fragile national grid -- battered by years of war, sanctions and neglect, is only able to supply a few hours of power a day.

Demand for power is expected to increase with the onset of summer, when temperatures can reach 50 degrees Celsius (122 Fahrenheit) and people turn on their air conditioners to keep cool.

The national grid is expected to supply less than half of the country's 15,000 MW peak demand this summer, and the ministry of electricity is hoping to add around 1,000 MW to the grid this year.

In January it awarded a $219 million contract to South Korea's Hyundai Engineering & Construction to install four gas turbines in Baghdad with a total generating capacity of 500 MW. (Reporting by Ahmed Rasheed; Editing by Serena Chaudhry)

© Thomson Reuters 2011. All rights reserved. Users may download and print extracts of content from this website for their own personal and non-commercial use only. Republication or redistribution of Thomson Reuters content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Reuters. Thomson Reuters and its logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Thomson Reuters group of companies around the world.
RAYCINTODINARS
RAYCINTODINARS

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum