Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets

2 posters

Go down

4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets Empty 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets

Post by Ponee Thu May 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Banks fined $2.5 billion, to plead guilty to market rigging

4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets

By Ken Sweet and Eric Tucker, The Associated Press50 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Four big banks will pay $2.5 billion in fines and plead guilty to criminally manipulating the global currency markets going back to 2007

JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, Barclays and The Royal Bank of Scotland conspired with one another to fix rates on U.S. dollars and euros traded in the huge global market for currencies, according to a settlement announced Wednesday between the banks and U.S. Justice Department. Currency traders allegedly shared customer orders through chat rooms and used that information to profit ahead of their clients.

The criminal behavior took place between December 2007 and January 2013, according to the agreement.

Another bank, UBS, has agreed to plead guilty to manipulating key interest rates and will pay a separate $203 million criminal penalty.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/banks-fined-2-5-billion-140901678.html

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets Empty Re: 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets

Post by Goldiegirl Fri May 22, 2015 10:56 am

6 big U.S., U.K. banks to pay $5.6B in fines in foreign currency probe

5 banks plead guilty on criminal charges after collaboration on trading euros, dollars

CBC News Posted: May 20, 2015 11:43 AM ET Last Updated: May 20, 2015 3:15 PM ET

4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets Bank-settlements
Among the U.S. and U.K. banks facing big fines for manipulating the foreign exchange markets are Barclays, Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase and the Royal Bank of Scotland. (Associated Press)

U.S. and U.K. regulators have fined six major banks a total of more than $5.6 billion US after they manipulated the foreign exchange markets.

Four of the banks pleaded guilty to conspiring to manipulate the price of U.S. dollars and euros. They are:

• ​J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
  • Barclays PLC.
  • Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC.
  • Citigroup Inc.

They will pay fines of $2.5 billion in a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice. An additional $1.8 billion in fines has been levied by the U.S. Federal Reserve against six major banks.

New York state and the U.K. levied additional fines.

That's on top of the fines paid last November by five banks.

Swiss-based UBS AG pleaded guilty to manipulating the Libor benchmark (the foreign currency rate set in London), but was granted immunity on foreign exchange manipulation for being the first to report it. UBS AG faces a $203-million criminal fine. As well, the U.S. Federal Reserve fined the bank $342 million.

Manipulating currency markets

Bank of America faces no criminal charges, but will pay a fine of $205 million to the U.S. Federal Reserve.

Barclays's fine is a total of $2.4 billion as it did not join other banks in November to settle investigations by U.K., U.S. and Swiss regulators. It has fired eight of its employees in connection with the currency-fixing scheme.

BankCriminal fineFed fine
Citigroup$925M$342M
Barclays$650M$342M
JPMorgan$550M$342M
RBS$395M$274M
UBS$203$342M
Bank of America0$205M
The regulators determined that traders at five of the banks had illegal agreements with other traders to manipulate benchmark currency prices.

U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch said "almost every day" for five years from 2007, currency traders used a private electronic chat room to manipulate exchange rates.

Their actions harmed "countless consumers, investors and institutions around the world," she said.

Lynch said the fines were high to "deter competitors in the future from chasing profits without regard to fairness, to the law, or to the public welfare."

By agreeing not to buy or sell at certain times, the traders protected each other's trading positions by withholding supply of or demand for currency, and suppressing competition in the FX market, the department of justice said.

Traders at Bank of America, which received a lower fine, discussed the possibility of entering into similar agreements to manipulate prices.

The banks were also accused of sharing confidential information about clients.

Must improve oversight

Michael King, from the Ivey School of Business, said a lot of the offences took place after the financial crisis and he fears the banks may not have learned from their behaviour during that time.

"The fine is actually relatively small as a percentage of the market capitalization of these banks. The largest was Barclays with $2.4 billion — that's about three per cent of their market capitalization," King said, pointing out that the percentage was much lower for the other banks.

He suggests more responsibility has to be taken by individuals, including executives at the top.

"I think the issue here is these are fines against the organizations. They're not fines against the individuals involved. It seems unfair that the shareholders, the investors are going to be the ones shouldering the fine, not the individuals who benefited from it," he said.

The Fed has ordered all the banks involved to improve oversight of their traders and strengthen controls in their foreign exchange divisions. It is charging senior management with responsibility for improving internal audits and other checks on its systems.

In addition, it has ordered the banks not to give work to the individuals who were involved in unethical conduct.

There could soon be charges laid against some bank employees, as the Fed is collaborating with the U.S. Department of Justice on the investigation.

Citigroup, Barclays, JPMorgan, RBS and UBS have each agreed to a three-year period of corporate probation, which will require regular reporting to authorities as well as a clean record.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/6-big-u-s-u-k-banks-to-pay-5-6b-in-fines-in-foreign-currency-probe-1.3080428

tony
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets Empty Re: 4 big banks fined $2.5 billion and will plead guilty to rigging global currency markets

Post by Ponee Fri May 22, 2015 11:05 am

Thanks for the extra info Goldie Girl !! 

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Fri May 22, 2015 12:25 pm

OK banks don't do this on their own. They are buildings not human. So the question is who are the humans response for what these banks did? They should rot in jail for their crimes against the good people who trust their money to these corrupted humans.
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum