Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraq and oil being paid in USD! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Iraq and oil being paid in USD!

+2
Diamondbacksteve
fatboy
6 posters

Go down

Iraq and oil being paid in USD! Empty Iraq and oil being paid in USD!

Post by fatboy Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:51 pm

a question for anyone who knows, not guessing but knows....If Iraq is sovereign now, as reported, they get paid for their oil directly in USD, why do they need the rv to take place right away if they will be getting the same amount of USD for their oil as they are getting now?

fatboy

Back to top Go down

Iraq and oil being paid in USD! Empty Re: Iraq and oil being paid in USD!

Post by Diamondbacksteve Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:32 pm

You are correct in your questioning Fatboy.
Inflation internally in the country's currency has nothing to do with the currency that Iraq actually deals in which is US dollars.

Diamondbacksteve
"top rocker"

Diamondbacksteve

Back to top Go down

Post by me4RV Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:07 pm

Iraq will use its Oil and other Natural Resources wealth to legitimize and revalue its currency. Then the revalued Iraqi Dinar's power can be used to increase the value of all of Iraq's commodities and products for export. Right now they sell oil in dollars and thus only oil is worth something. If they can start selling oil in Dinars, then everything else they sell and buy can be done in their own currency thus giving them their own economic strength.
me4RV
me4RV
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fatboy Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:15 pm

thanks for your reply........My understanding (and I may be wrong) is they will not be selling oil for Dinars....Oil world wide is bought and sold with USD....I have never heard that this will change....I have heard there have been countries trying to change that...such as Libya wanting to change to a gold standard for oil...but we see how that is turning out.....

fatboy

Back to top Go down

Post by me4RV Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:26 pm

fatboy wrote:thanks for your reply........My understanding (and I may be wrong) is they will not be selling oil for Dinars....Oil world wide is bought and sold with USD....I have never heard that this will change....I have heard there have been countries trying to change that...such as Libya wanting to change to a gold standard for oil...but we see how that is turning out.....

Yes your right, I was wrong. Here is what I meant. The price of oil is pegged to the dollar. Transactions on the international market are in dollars (for now). Right now they sell oil in dollars because oil is worth something. If the value of the Dinar is higher or close to the value of the dollar, then everything else they sell and buy can be done in their own currency thus giving them their own economic strength. They will revalue backed by oil power and then grow their economy on a strong currency
me4RV
me4RV
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fatboy Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:30 pm

thank you

fatboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamondbacksteve Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:46 pm

me4RV wrote:
fatboy wrote:thanks for your reply........My understanding (and I may be wrong) is they will not be selling oil for Dinars....Oil world wide is bought and sold with USD....I have never heard that this will change....I have heard there have been countries trying to change that...such as Libya wanting to change to a gold standard for oil...but we see how that is turning out.....

Yes your right, I was wrong. Here is what I meant. The price of oil is pegged to the dollar. Transactions on the international market are in dollars (for now). Right now they sell oil in dollars because oil is worth something. If the value of the Dinar is higher or close to the value of the dollar, then everything else they sell and buy can be done in their own currency thus giving them their own economic strength. They will revalue backed by oil power and then grow their economy on a strong currency

Exactly! If and when the Dinar revalues and is acknowledged by countries that count then the US dollar will not be necessary. Until then the Dinar will not be worth the paper is it is printed on.

Iraq has a strong national pride, and it will come down to them wanting their own currency as a strong currency. The revlaue has to happen!

Diamondbacksteve

Back to top Go down

Post by me4RV Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:54 pm

Yes, Iraq and Arabs in general have ample pride and strength which they get from their strong culture, religion, and history. They still remember when Baghdad was the center of the world. GO RV!
me4RV
me4RV
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ClermontThinker Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:04 pm

At this point in time, and the foreseeable future, the dollar is the more stable currency. HOWEVER... That is the very point we should focus on. As oil and gas production increases the Iraqi government will want to utilize their own currency. This, we all hope and pray, will be the impetus for the RV.
Rock on RV !!! crazyspin

ClermontThinker
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Iraq and oil being paid in USD! Empty all oil deals are paid in the dollar.

Post by txchick Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:06 pm

nothing new there and it doesn't impact the rv.

txchick

Back to top Go down

Post by robralf Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:33 pm

Weren't there recent posts that contractors were now being paid in IQD...I think it was all supposed to happen as from Friday last?

robralf
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fatboy Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:56 pm

Robralf....I have a friend with business partners (contractors) over there and as of this morning they are still being paid in USD.

fatboy

Back to top Go down

Post by robralf Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:13 pm

Thanks,guess it was just another urban legend Rolling Eyes

robralf
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum