Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts

3 posters

Go down

Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  Empty Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts

Post by Ponee Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:44 pm

Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts

Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  Ap090703016882 Yanina

On Thursday, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey said it will end the use of elephant acts by 2018—a move that follows decades of mounting criticism and public concern over the show's abusive treatment of the animals. Ringling's parent company, Feld Entertainment, cited a "mood shift" experienced by circus-goers who have grown "uncomfortable with us touring with elephants" for the decision.
President Kenneth Feld also said local legislation barring certain circus practices, such as the use of bullhooks, made it increasingly difficult for the company to continue including elephants in its performances. "This decision was not easy, but it is in the best interest of our company, our elephants and our customers," he said in a statement.

In 2011, Mother Jones published an explosive, yearlong investigation looking into Ringling's treatment of elephants, including the regular employment of electric shocks and whippings to control them:

Several of the beatings targeted Nicole, a twentysomething elephant named after Kenneth Feld's eldest daughter. Sweet-natured but clumsy, Nicole would frequently miss her cues to climb atop a tub and place her feet on the elephant next to her, Stechcon said in his videotaped statement. "I always rooted for her, 'Come on, Nicole, get up,'" he said. "But we left the show, brought the animals back to their area, and…we took the headpieces off, and as I was hanging them up, I heard the most horrible noise, just whack, whack, whack. I mean, really hard. It's hard to describe the noise. Like a baseball bat or something striking something not—not soft, and not hard…I turned around to look, and this guy was hitting her so fast and so hard [with the ankus], and sometimes he would take both hands and just really knock her, and he was just doing that. And I was, like, I couldn't believe it."

The investigation also exposed that Feld Entertainment had spent millions of dollars on PR campaigns to hide such abuse from the public and fend off lawsuits:

It was part of a multimillion-dollar spy operation run out of Feld headquarters to thwart and besmirch animal rights groups and others on the company's enemies list, according to a stunning Salon piece by Jeff Stein. Feld had even hired Clair George—the CIA's head of covert operations under President Reagan until his conviction for perjury in the Iran-Contra scandal. (George, who died in August, received a pardon from President George H.W. Bush.)

Thursday's announcement to phase out the elephants, which have been a staple for the Ringling brand for more than a century, has been met with praise from animal rights activists. Feld Entertainment said the elephants will be transitioned to the company's elephant conservation center in Florida.

For more, read our in-depth investigation here.

http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2015/03/ringling-bros-finally-end-use-elephants-circus

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  Empty Re: Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts

Post by Terbo56 Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:58 pm

They should do the same thing to the animal trainers/abusers, and just see how they like it- No person or animal deserves that, no matter what the animal is- Maybe ALL the circuses should end the use of animals in their shows-If there are enough people that find out or know what the trainers do, they won't patronize the circuses anymore anyway-Circuses have been around for centuries, and should have gone by the wayside decades ago- Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey, { Nationwide}James E. Strate Shows, {Florida} The World of Mirth Shows,}New England and the Poconos} and countless others-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  Empty Re: Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts

Post by UNEEK Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:46 pm

Thanks for the post - this happens to be the second elephant story I have read today -  odd lol -

I  am glad this action is being taken finally - I have heard the rumors / stories for years about the abuse --  it always bothered me 

I am sharing the story below  although I don't know if it is almost as bad as the one above --   It just does not set well with me and I  could never ever  drink the coffee - NEVER EVER !!  What mind could have ever thought to do such a thing?? I guess the ones that eat snails - fish eggs and chocolate covered ants??  lol 

Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  5iZmlCsU

Coffee beans made of elephant poop, which were offered for the first time in Thailand in late 2012, have recently been introduced at a coffee festival in central Vietnam and fetch about US$1,504 per kilogram.

Nguyen Van Hoa, director of Cao Nguyen Viet Coffee Co. Ltd. in the Central Highlands province of Dak Lak, revealed that the beans were made from elephant dung, which involved a complicated process.

Elephants were fed fresh, red, ripe Arabia coffee beans which had been carefully washed and dried.

The beans were mixed with vegetables, sugarcane, banana, pineapples, and other kinds of food before being given to the elephants.

It takes from 16 to 30 hours for an elephant to digest the mixture and poop it out.

Workers later collect the coffee beans from the elephant dung, washing and drying them. They will move on to shell the beans, roasting and grinding them to produce “elephant coffee.”

“During the elephant’s ingestion and digestion process, there are many beans that break and disappear. Therefore, we need around 30kg of fresh coffee beans to produce only 1kg of elephant coffee. 

The natural fermentation in the elephant’s gut will create a special coffee flavor,” Hoa said.

The director added that the special coffee taste is made from the fermentation of the mixture that elephants ingest, not to mention that the acid in the animal’s stomach can help reduce the bitterness of the beans.

The elephants used to make this new, special type of coffee beans were initially used to serve tourism.

Thailand successfully produced the specialty in 2012, attracting many high income customers.

The products are priced at about $1,504 per kilogram in Vietnam.

http://tuoitrenews.vn/business/26698/coffee-made-of-elephant-poop-rolled-out-in-vietnam

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own -- Bryant

“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” ― Wayne W. Dyer

To be persuasive, one must be believable;
To be believable, one must be credible;
To be credible, one must be truthful.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
UNEEK
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

http://souljourney.lefora.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:04 am

No, thanks just the same- There is enough 'dung' being 'slung' around the world- Ringling Bros. Announces It's Finally Ending Elephant Acts  2350219667 omg
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum