Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium?

2 posters

Go down

Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? Empty Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium?

Post by Ponee Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:22 pm

Danny S. March 11, 2015 at 10:55am   USD:  100.12  BOOM

Awake-in-3D March 11, 2015  Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium?

OK. What drives the relative value of the US Dollar on the DXY?  Simple - the world's Central Bank policies (in the US, that's the FED, in Europe, it's the ECB).

Since the US$ Index is a weighted measure of the USD relative to a basket of other major currencies where the Euro and Japanese Yen and British Pound are the next heavyweights. Focus on Quantitative Easing (QE).  

The USA FED stopped its QE regime last year while the ECB and Japan ramped up QE programs.  Consequently, what two major currencies have seen the biggest changes versus the US Dollar? The Euro and the Yen.  Also, the ECB and Japan are moving into negative interest rates on their respective intra-bank policies whereas the FED is about to raise interest rates.

Since the Yen and the Euro are heavyweights in the currency basket, the weaker they get, the stronger the US Dollar gets.

Is anything "magic" going to happen when the Dollar Index hits 100 and does that have anything to do with the RV/GCR (Did anything happen when the DXY hit 86 last year when that 86 number was supposed to be a "magic RV number"?)?  

I say it's hopium!!! The USD Index (DXY) was at 121 in 2001.  You decide.  Let's all stay grounded.

G T > Awake-in-3D In theory.....It's a Piece of the Puzzle!!  In Reality.....Who Knows!!

Danny S. > Awake-in-3D Agree- Not a trigger but one of many conditions that they are lining up to avoid collapse and maintain control of a very precarious set of economic circumstances that have been created....

Awake-in-3D > Danny S Personally, I watch the current "old economic system" and what's transpiring as a completely futile effort to save an already dead financial regime.  

The current activities of the world's central banks reminds me of Hitler in his Berlin bunker during the final days of the war, telling his armies and citizens to fight to the last man, woman, and child.

We should view the news of today's failing systems as data points for when the new system will kick in.  Hey, it's call a Global Currency RESET for a reason... key word being, well... RESET.

Awake-in-3D > Danny S.Now that, Danny, is very true and NOT Hopium!  LOL

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? Empty Re: Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium?

Post by Kevind53 Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:03 pm

It is not so much that the dollar is rising in value, as it is speculation that the Fed will rasie interest rates driving the values of other currencies, in particular at the moment the Euro down having dropped against both the USD and the Yen, (12.8% and 1.4% respectively.) I am certainly no economic expert, but based on what I have gleaned from my reading this is more a reflection of the weakness of the European economy that the strength of the US. Traders and moving toward the dollar because they are nervous. Many countries like Greece, Italy, and France to name a few are heavilly leveraged, and if the US allows interest rates to creep upward it could be very bad for them.

The plus for the US is that imports will be less expensive. The down sides include exports will cost more abroad, plus potential instability if one or two of those countries are forced to default on bonds/loans.

While it will be interesting to see how this all pans out, (personally I see potential for significant market losses short term, but who knows?) I do not see this triggering or significantly impacting any potential RV. I think Iraq is pretty well isolated in this situation, so I do not see it impacting them at all.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? 2805820865  Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? 2805820865  Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? 2805820865  Awake-in-3D asks --Does the Dollar Index DXY have anything to do with the RV/GCR or is it Hopium? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum