Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Germany provides more military aid to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Germany provides more military aid to Iraq

Go down

Germany provides more military aid to Iraq Empty Germany provides more military aid to Iraq

Post by Ponee Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:14 pm

Baghdad (AIN) – Germany is to step up arms supplies – including of armour-piercing Milan missiles – to peshmerga fighters battling the Islamic State in Iraq, the Defence Ministry in Berlin said on Friday.

Last year, Germany sent 70 million euros (79.5 million dollars) worth of military aid, including Milan launchers and rockets. It will now send 30 more launchers and 500 more rockets, along with 203 bazookas, 4,000 more rifles and 10 Dingo armoured vehicles.

The new aid, announced after a meeting in Berlin between Chancellor Angela Merkel and Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, is worth 13 million euros.

A-Abadi, for his part, noted that intelligence links with Germany were vital in tracking foreign fighters, among them German nationals. now in the service of the Islamic state.

“There is intelligence cooperation at the present time. There are thousands of foreign fighters from around the world, including from Germany,” he said. “We are hoping above all for cooperation in intelligence, in training and equipment to fight the Islamic State.”

The Baghdad leader, who was later due to attend the Munich Security Conference, added: “We have information that these terrorist organizations have developed a special type of weapon to use in their terrorist operations and therefore we need more cooperation.”

He did not explain what the weapon was.

Merkel made no comment on intelligence swaps and did not mention the impending top-up in arms aid.

“Unless we get proper international support, we will not succeed. It is in the interest of the whole world to reduce the duration of this conflict,” the Iraqi premier.

In the meantime, Baghdad has drafted a plan to recover the city of Mosul from Islamic State forces holding it.

“I don’t want to go into the detail, but this is an extensive, comprehensive plan, based on equipping the Iraqi and Peshmerga troops, and based on coordination between the central and the Kurdistan government at the highest level,” he said.

DD  2015-02-07

http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php/political-news/64181-germany-provides-more-military-aid-to-iraq.html

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum