Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS

Go down

Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS Empty Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS

Post by Ponee Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:49 pm

The Iraqi city of Ramadi is under curfew ahead of a planned security operation targeting Islamic State.

Iraqi Authorities Announce Curfew in Ramadi Ahead of Operation Against IS 1016929373

In this Sunday Jan. 11, 2015 photo, a Yazidi fighter protects the Sharaf al-Deen temple shrine, one of the holiest for the Yazidis, a religious minority whom the Islamic State group considers heretics ripe for slaughter, in Sinjar, northern Iraq

© AP Photo/ Seivan Selim

IS Launches New Offensive in Iraq, Clashes With Peshmerga Forces
MOSCOW, January 26 (Sputnik) — Local authorities announced Monday a curfew in the central Iraqi city of Ramadi, ahead of a planned security operation targeting Islamic State (IS) militants, Kuwait News Agency reported.

The curfew was announced to allow Iraqi security forces to “cleanse” the city of IS “terrorist elements,” an Anbar Province security source told the news agency.

The IS has largely controlled Anbar Province, including Ramadi, since late 2013. The extremist group stepped up operations its an attempt to fully capture Ramadi in November 2014. IS militants have reportedly killed hundreds of local Sunni Muslim tribesmen in the area.

Iraq's second largest city, Mosul, has also been under IS control since summer 2014. The group has also captured large swathes of territories in neighboring Syria, where it began fighting the government in 2012. The radical Sunni group has declared a caliphate over territories it controls in both the countries.

Meanwhile, the US-led coalition has been performing airstrikes on IS targets in Iraq and Syria.

2015-01-26
http://sputniknews.c...1017363898.html

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum