Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom?

+6
ChicagoRJW
Troyboy
Saint
PALMER01
Kevind53
Ponee
10 posters

Go down

Should Nations Just Pay ISIS RANSOM ?

TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_vote_lcap5%TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 12 ]
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_vote_lcap86%TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_vote_rcap 86% 
[ 207 ]
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_vote_lcap4%TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 10 ]
TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_vote_lcap5%TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 240

TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? Empty TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom?

Post by Ponee Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:30 pm

(CNN)The black-clad, masked British ISIS terrorist who has taken center stage in the group's hostage videos appeared in a new video on Tuesday threatening the lives of two Japanese hostages, Kenji Goto Jogo and Haruna Yukawa.

The terrorist explained that they would be executed in 72 hours if ISIS isn't paid $200 million.

TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? 120317101404-peter-bergen-large-169
Peter Bergen

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe responded on Tuesday saying the treatment of the hostages was "unacceptable."

ISIS had similarly demanded 100 million euros (roughly $132.5 million) in ransom for the release of James Foley, the American journalist who was killed by the terrorist group in Syria in August.

Like the $200 million demand for the Japanese hostages, the Foley demand was never a serious negotiation effort as it far exceeded the amounts of money paid for hostages held by jihadist militant groups in the past, which typically have ranged up to several million dollars.

But the demand does shine a light on two uncomfortable facts about "Kidnap & Ransom," or K&R, the dark netherworld of professionals who work to negotiate between murderous groups such as ISIS and the terrified families whose loved ones have been kidnapped. It also includes their worried employers and Western governments such as France that will pay ransoms, and other governments, notably the United States and the United Kingdom, that will not.

The first uncomfortable fact is that if you pay a ransom, a hostage is more likely to be released. The other is that every time a ransom is paid it increases the chance that other hostages will be taken to help fill the coffers of a terrorist group.

According to an investigation by The New York Times, al Qaeda and its affiliates have netted at least $125 million in ransoms since 2008. That finding is similar to a 2012 U.S. Treasury estimate that $120 million had been paid to terrorist organizations during the previous eight years.

Much of this revenue reportedly comes from France. French media reported that the government had paid 20 million euros (about $28 million, reflecting last year's exchange rate) for the release of four employees of a French nuclear firm. They were held by an al Qaeda affiliate for three years in northern Niger and were released last year.

The French government denied paying a ransom, but The New York Times indicated -- based on reports from Le Monde and Agence France-Presse -- that France did pay in that case and has paid out a total of some $58 million to al Qaeda or related groups.

Not surprisingly, the Times also found that of the 53 hostages known to have been taken by al Qaeda and its affiliates during the past five years, a third were French.

The French government's purported policy of negotiating with militant groups for the release of kidnapped citizens does appear to work. Four French journalists -- Nicolas Henin, Pierre Torres, Edouard Elias and Didier François, who were kidnapped in Syria last year by ISIS -- were released near the Turkish border in April, blindfolded and with their hands bound.
One of those hostages, Henin, had been held by ISIS alongside Foley. Henin is free, and Foley is dead.

These are the facts that policymakers must confront as they consider what to do about the other Western hostages still held by ISIS.

So far, ISIS has executed a number of Western hostages, including American journalist Steven Sotloff, and U.S. aid worker Peter Kassig.

ISIS continues to holds one American female aid worker. CNN is withholding her name.
For the hostages held by ISIS, there is always the chance that their governments will mount a rescue operation as the United States did in Syria in July 2014 to try and rescue Foley and the other Americans. That mission failed because the hostages had been moved from a location they had been kept in for some months.

There is also the possibility that hostages could escape, as American photographer Matthew Schrier did last year when he managed to crawl out of a window of the prison where he was being held in in the Syrian city of Aleppo by an Islamist militant group.
But such escapes are rare, and while successful rescue efforts do happen, they are fraught with risks for the hostages.

Linda Norgrove, for instance, a British aid worker held by the Taliban in Afghanistan in 2010, was killed in a U.S. rescue operation, likely by a grenade that exploded near her.
If there's not an escape or a successful rescue effort, Western governments whose citizens are held by ISIS have only the options of either a negotiation involving ransom or the real possibility that their hostages may be executed.

This is the sobering choice that has faced President Barack Obama and his national security advisers and now faces the Japanese Prime Minister.

Last year, Obama ordered a review of U.S. hostage policy, which is never to negotiate with terrorists.

The review is reportedly supposed to examine issues such as "family engagement, intelligence collection, and diplomatic engagement policies." But that seems to be rather missing the point. The real issue is: Will a ransom be paid, or not?

An area of possible wiggle room would be to leave the door open so that ransoms for Americans could be allowed to be paid -- not with U.S. government funds but with private donations. In such a case, the government would simply look the other way when private donations were used to free an American hostage, as paying money to a designated terrorist organization is a crime in the States.

This is the least bad solution to a terrible quandary, which is if that if you don't pay the ransom the hostage dies, and if you do pay the ransom, you are helping a terrorist organization.

By Peter Bergen and Emily Schneider
Updated 0415 GMT (1215 HKT) January 21, 2015

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/20/opinion/bergen-schneider-isis-ransom-new/index.html

Last edited by Ponee on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? Empty Re: TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom?

Post by B.A.C. Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? "NO" If the ISIS cuts off the head of one person, in turn  the heads off of 10 ISIS prisoners should be cut off. This will send a loud and clear message of a "failure to communicate"...............

B.A.C.

Back to top Go down

TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? Empty Re: TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom?

Post by Ponee Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:13 pm

For me, this is a tough one because my first reaction is to say NO! NEVER! But, if it was MY LOVED ONE I would want it paid.

BUt then
, I think any hostage they have, whether a ransom is paid or not, will be killed.  So,  I guess the answer would really have to be NO... NO RANSOM.

Last edited by Ponee on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by josdrito Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:17 pm

All nations should never pay ISIS Evil greedy bloody conspiracy violence notorious organize supported by those EVIL powerful Shiek drug cartel, mafias and other member of organization. They should be defeated by all nations to join military forces and attack them, no question, instead of ransome, abused Evil power, too much bloodshed. The spirit of God is within my soul and I should not comment but through God's mercy as my weapon, vehemently struck my heart to protect and fight for the rights of those aggravated poor innocent vicitms, savagely bludgeon at no mercy, it truly breaks my heart, what is going on to our nations. Soon their will be great devastated catastrophic disaster tragedy and its been happening since 2007 and the worst to come, where most EVIL greedy soul people live.

josdrito

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:37 pm

Umm ... OK ... say what?

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? 2805820865  TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? 2805820865  TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? 2805820865  TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Ponee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dannobobanno Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:42 pm

I know how this sounds but we could be looking at this the wrong way. 

Consider the hostage dead already.
One citizen's life should never ever be allowed to hijack a nation.

This makes the path going forward clear: heavy, heavy retaliation.
Would they take as many hostages if we reacted with extreme violence any time one was even taken?
If our primary concern was getting even, not getting the person back, then taking hostages would no longer be effective.

Change the landscape of the situation: if they take a hostage we go after them with extreme prejudice, every time.
 I am certain some of the 'western' hostages would gladly call an airstrike down upon their own heads.

dannobobanno

Back to top Go down

Post by PALMER01 Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:31 pm

I say no way, no how, do we pay them a cent. No one should pay them. The only payment we should make, should rain down from more warthogs, and take their buttes out.
PALMER01
PALMER01
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Pay them with dead members. 10 for every one they kill.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? 2805820865  TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? 2805820865  TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? 2805820865  TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:04 am

Never , NO NO NO NO

angel2 angel2
Saint
Saint
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ponee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Troyboy Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:00 pm

No way, No how !  I think most hostages have already been killed before they even send out the cry for ransom.
Troyboy
Troyboy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Ponee likes this post

Back to top Go down

TAKE A POLL -- Should nations just pay ISIS ransom? Empty Helping to close Gitmo

Post by ChicagoRJW Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:05 am

No ransom paid, for each person ISIS kills we should take one of the prisoners from Gitmo and fly them back to Iraq....and at 30,000 feet open the door and let them go home without a parachute. Eventually Gitmo will be empty.

ChicagoRJW

Ponee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBoy Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:42 pm

ChicagoRJW wrote:No ransom paid, for each person ISIS kills we should take one  of the prisoners from Gitmo and fly them back to Iraq....and at 30,000 feet open the door and let them go home without a parachute. Eventually Gitmo will be empty.

:okjh:
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBoy Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:43 pm

Never!!!
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ponee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KayKay Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:25 am

No ransom or amount of money will help this situation. Paying ISIS money would only encourage them to kidnap-for-ransom, give them more money to amp up their organization and create a bigger problem than we now have. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT PAY THEM ANYTHING FOR ANYTHING....

KayKay

Ponee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:38 am

@KayKay - I totally agree with you.  Ransom would not stop the inevitable.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by clayf Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:18 am

Boots on the ground!!! Let the extermination process begin
clayf
clayf
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ponee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:04 am

We're gonna need ALOT of 'RAID' ant and roach killer-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ponee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum