Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
ISIS is starting to feel the heat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

ISIS is starting to feel the heat

2 posters

Go down

ISIS is starting to feel the heat Empty ISIS is starting to feel the heat

Post by RoyBoy Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:45 pm

By Anthony Franks

Just prior to Christmas, a German journalist, Jürgen Todenhöfer, announced he had spent some 10 days with the so-called Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and his findings were, according to him, highly disturbing.
At the time of writing he has not published an article on his visit, but has given a number of interviews. He drew three main conclusions:
“The first one was that ISIL is much stronger than we think. They have conquered an area which is bigger than Great Britain. Every day, hundreds of new enthusiastic fighters are arriving. There is incredible enthusiasm that I have never seen in war zones. Secondly, the brutality of their religious cleansing is on another level. And thirdly, I think the strategy of the western countries is completely wrong. With our bombardment, we have never been successful.”
However, this analysis by Herr Todenhöfer is arguably what ISIS wants the outside world to think. He is being used as a mouthpiece. He will of course disagree with this perspective. However, as he admits in his interviews “There was a huge sense of censorship,” which is another way of saying his access to information was very carefully controlled, and thus we can conclude that what he says is what ISIS wants us to hear.
Herr Todenhöfer has, perhaps unwittingly, become a cog in the ISIS propaganda machine that is now in high gear following a number of both tactical and operational defeats, and his comments and opinions do not sit easily with the battlefield reality.
To give some representative examples, and there are many more, last month 8,000 Peshmerga secured escape routes for the besieged Yezidis on Mount Sinjar, as well as expelling ISIS extremists from the surrounding villages.
Last week ISIS attacked Haditha Dam in Anbar, but the Iraqi Security Forces (ISF) successfully repelled the attack, killing 30 ISIS fighters and destroying six armoured vehicles, after coalition airstrikes successfully targeted a 14-vehicle ISIS convoy. On the same day, ISIS attacked Peshmerga positions in Daquq district, south of Kirkuk – but the attacks were beaten back by the Kurds.
Captured ISIS extremists include an increasing number of individuals who, when questioned, are clearly wholly demoralised, and were no longer as sure of a full-scale ISIS victory in Iraq as they were in the recent past.
Hardly conquerors. Hardly incredibly enthusiastic.
Meanwhile, in the so-called Caliphate’s capital of Mosul, the citizens are variously hungry, ill, murdered oppressed, raped, or sold as sex-slaves for as little as $10, according to the U.N. Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) and the Office of the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR).
Basic infrastructure: electricity and sanitation is collapsing. ISIS is even murdering doctors, which is spectacularly short-sighted in a crumbling city where disease will inevitably strike and where the water supply is so contaminated that people are being poisoned by it.
Telecommunications have been disrupted by ISIS destroying phone masts – the ISIS leadership are worried that the occupants will pass useful information out, and they are worried about drone-launched Hellfire missiles coming in.
Highlighting the level of concern within ISIS over the advances of the legitimate government forces, there are credible local media reports that ISIS has recently sent 12 coachloads of its families back to Syria ahead of the expected assault on Mosul this month.
And to add misery to misrule in Mosul, local media reported on New Year’s Eve that an unconfirmed medical source in Mosul hospital revealed a provisional diagnosis of Ebola in “foreign fighters of African descent.” The medical source warned “of the spread of the disease within the city of Mosul and its transmission to other Iraqi cities.”
Ebola is perhaps a useful metaphor for the initially uncontrolled spread of ISIS, but like with the Ebola outbreak, governments are increasingly aligning themselves and fighting back to control its pernicious spread.
At the same time as ISIS were sustaining losses in the north of Iraq, the ISF and Shiite Popular Mobilisation Units (PMU), supported by airstrikes by both Iraqi and Coalition fast air, continue to gain ground north of Baghdad, and the areas that connect Baghdad and Samarra.
According to a Badr Organisation spokesman “The ISIS terrorists are in a state of despair since yesterday, therefore fought battles with all their strength to end with the control of the security forces and the popular crowd on Dhuluiya.”
These examples, and many others, show that the Iraqi Police, the ISF, PMU and Peshmerga have seen more achievements than losses, and international support is steadily growing, with both Iran and Turkey becoming ever more deeply involved in the fight against ISIS.
So, to summarise the sub-regional situation: ISIS is taking a battering and is not gaining ground – it is losing it.
The use by ISIS of suicide attackers is difficult to counter, but only on Wednesday near the villages of Sultan Abdullah and Tal Shaiir, a brave middle aged Peshmerga stood in front of a speeding suicide bomber driving a truck, and calmly destroyed it with an RPG.
The perverted reality of ISIS depends more on creating the illusion of success rather than delivering the reality of achievement. Just like its blood-soaked predecessors, ISIS is more about unfulfilled pledges of a better life under their “rule” rather than the creation of anything enduring or worthwhile.
ISIS’ “victories” can thus be characterised as a triumph of digital style over physical substance.
The Kurdistan Regional Government and the Peshmerga in particular have remained a steadfast rock against which the black waves of ISIS have crashed, and which are now being broken, piece-by-piece, day-by-day.
Under the fresh, far less divisive leadership of Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi, the Iraqi forces and the International Coalition are learning from experience and adapting their tactics to exploit ISIS’ vulnerabilities. The improving political relationship between Baghdad and Erbil will also help destroy the threat from ISIS, and deserves applause, nurturing and support.
Finally, the constant drip-feed of ISIS video clips on Facebook and Twitter is plainly intended to suggest an expansion of their control, whereas in reality, the ground it actually controls is diminishing every day.
One step forward to the Caliphate, two steps backwards to destruction.
It is therefore unsurprising that ISIS has resorted to black propaganda through unwitting mouthpieces to try to persuade the uncritical and unwary that they are continuing to make steady progress in their so-called “Caliphate”.
However, the evidence from the frontlines suggests the opposite interpretation is far more accurate, and ISIS is now on the long, slow but sure glide-path to defeat.
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

ISIS is starting to feel the heat Empty Re: ISIS is starting to feel the heat

Post by Terbo56 Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:51 pm

This right here tells me our so-called 'RI'  RV' is going to be non existant for quite awhile yet, 2-3 years at least- Until ISIS is rounded up, and Iraq stops lying to people, this isn't happening- Sorry folks, but this IS the way it is, and the way it's gonna be for a very long time to come- All you guru idiots take notice- You dinar bullshit is done, capeche? 2cents 2cents affraid affraid flame :shock: sorry
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBoy Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:55 pm

Every one deserves their opinion, and until Isis is under control I fully understand. The world or UN should just send in their best and be done with them . Once and full all
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:58 pm

Oh, but that takes money and the U.S. would rather deny the vets, the homeless, and the starving people and use the money to help themselves in the upcoming elections-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum