Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices.

Go down

Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices. Empty Iraq exports record amount of oil during low oil prices.

Post by Cascadian Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:52 pm

Iraq's oil exports reached their highest level in decades in December, the oil ministry's spokesman said on Saturday, but vital revenues were being hit by the plummeting prices of crude.

Iraq exported 91.141 million barrels of oil in December for an average of 2.94 million barrels per day, the highest daily average since 1980, Assem Jihad told AFP, citing initial figures.

December exports were far and away the highest in 2014, eclipsing the previous best month by more than 11 million barrels, according to ministry figures.

But revenues were $5.247 billion, only up slightly on November and much lower than the early months of 2014 because of sharply declining oil prices.

Jihad said prices averaged $57 a barrel in December, down from $100 or more during the first half of the year.

The average December price was even lower than the $60 per barrel used to calculate Iraq's 2015 budget, which already includes a more than $19 billion deficit.

Oil producing cartel "OPEC must move to address this issue," Jihad said.

"Prices are falling now to abnormal levels, and it is up to the organization to move instead of watching prices collapse to illogical levels," he said, adding that this was his personal opinion rather than that of the ministry.

The dramatic decline in oil prices poses a major problem for Iraq, which depends on oil revenues for the vast majority of government funds.

The oil ministry said in November that Baghdad lost more than 27 percent of its projected revenues for 2014 because of the fall in prices.

It comes at a time when expenditures are higher than usual, with the country battling to regain ground from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria militant group, which spearheaded a sweeping offensive that overran swathes of territory in June.

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum