Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Damn... While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV!

+2
Ponee
Cascadian
6 posters

Go down

Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! Empty Damn... While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV!

Post by Cascadian Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:28 pm

The Afghani is 57.52 to a $1 USD right now.

In 2000, the Afghani AFN was 6400 to 1 USD.

Folks...   We missed an actual RV.  A big one!  A big one that actually surpasses the profits everyone is looking for in the IQD.  The AFN went from 6400 to 57 in the past 15 years even with the war!  That means if you bought the AFN in 2000, you would have been able to 'exchange' it in 2009 for up to 45 per USD.  

It must have been the PTB that had us looking at the dinar while they raked in the big profits for the amount of Afghani that they held.  Had us all buying dinar and dong when the real play was AFN.

SOMEBODY made a healthy profit on the currency!  And it shows that increases in value of thousands of percent is actually possible!  Take that, critics!  (haters)

Now is the time to buy more AFN and cash in on the end of the Afghan war!  The currency can only go up from here!   

BUY BUY BUY!

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! Empty Re: Damn... While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV!

Post by Ponee Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! 1150991001

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Damn...  While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV! Empty Re: Damn... While we were watching the dinar, dong and rupiah, we missed a big RV!

Post by Guest Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Looks like there was a redenomination in late 2002. "a new Afghani was introduced"

Between October 7, 2002, and January 2, 2003, a new Afghani was introduced with the ISO 4217 code AFN. No subdivisions have been issued. It replaced the previous Afghani at two distinct rates. Issues of the government of President Burhanuddin Rabbani were replaced at a rate of 1000 to the new Afghani, whilst the issues of Abdul Rashid Dostum (the Northern Alliance) were replaced at a rate of 2000 to the new Afghani, The new Afghani was valued at 43 Afghani to the U.S. dollar. Prior to the reissue, there were more than 15 trillion Afghani in circulation after unrestrained printing under Taliban rule and during wars and occupation.[citation needed]

In October 2003, Afghan Central Bank governor Anwar Ul-Haq Ahadi announced that Afghans should use their own Afghani currency in daily transactions rather than United States dollars or Pakistani rupees.[citation needed] This was in preparation for October 8 when all prices in the Afghan marketplace were to be specified in Afghani.

After depreciating during the last quarter of 2003/04, the Afghani has been appreciating steadily, gaining 8 percent against the U.S. dollar between end-March 2004 and end-July 2004. This appreciation, at a time of increasing inflation, appears to reflect a greater willingness by the population to use the Afghani as a medium of exchange and as a store of value. This trend appears to be attributable to the relative stability of the exchange rate since the introduction of the new currency, administrative measures aimed at promoting its use, such as the requirement that shopkeepers must price goods in Afghani. Donors are increasingly making payments in Afghani instead of U.S. dollars and this appears to be widely accepted.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghan_afghani

Back to top Go down

Post by Cascadian Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:47 pm

http://treasuryvault.com/currencies/afghanistan-afghani

Yeah..   And actually, the AFA is an example of what constitutes 'common wisdom' here in dinarland.  It's on a float and has been for years.  There was a date in time where the old AFA, USD and Rupees would cease to be accepted.  That all currency had to be exchanged.  Even at 1000 to 1 AFA changeover, there was a nice little profit to be had when in 2009 the currency was in the 45 AFA to 1 USD range.

I saw all that in Wikipedia as well and it's good info.  But, this being dinarland, I decided that it would be more fun to take the raw numbers (like the gurus would) and just run with them while ignoring the redenomination.  It sounds much better that way and this being dinarland, who is going to question it?

If anything, this is really the type of scenario that would probably be the model for an IQD revaluation and redenomination.  That's the value of looking at what, how, when, and why the AFA has done in 15 years.  

But enough serious, critically reviewed stuff.  THERE WAS A HUGE RV!   

Smile

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:49 pm

Oops! Sorry Cascadian.

YAY! GO RV!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cascadian Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:49 pm

Is there any way we can sucker Tony into accepting and using this as an example of what he's spewing?  Now THAT would be fun!

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:05 pm

Just send him a registered letter from the Feds, and watch his pants change color-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:09 pm

the problemswith the gurus are they are so full of them selves they are no different then politicans or the evangliests on tv just keep sending  them your heard earned money
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Meme Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:08 pm

hmm, so for $1.00 US you can buy 57 Afghan(AFN).   Viet Nam Dong IS STILL better at
$1.00 US buys you 21385 VND.  I am not sure what the wiz bang thing about the AFN is as mostly over there are terrorists taking over and just like IRAN we should not be trading with them.   reference:  http://coinmill.com/   a general currency exchange site that has no connection that I can find to any GOO ROOS

If you can't laugh at yourself, you have not lived.
Meme
Meme
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Meme Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:10 pm

PS  HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AND MAY ALL YOUR BLESSINGS BE THOSE YOU ASK FOR  :spring1:

If you can't laugh at yourself, you have not lived.
Meme
Meme
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:12 pm

Thanks for the info MeMe!! Good to see you!

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:15 pm

Cascadian, why didn't you tell us BEFORE it was too late? We could have been done and outta here!
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBoy Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:44 pm

OK guys , back to the time machine Poof were gone
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cascadian Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:18 pm

Sorry terbo...   Only yesterday did I realize that there was another country at war with a possible undervalued currency.   I only missed it by 12 years....

In fairness, I put it out as soon as I knew.

Smile

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Cascadian, I'm only razzin ya, don't take me too seriously-Nobody else does- No worries!! It would be nice had we known about it though, right?
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cascadian Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:28 pm

Nahhh, I got it mate.  It's all good!

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:54 pm

guys i am  under a nda going to drop a big hint marsian dinars is comming out tues
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBoy Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:56 pm

I bought into Mars years ago , it better pay off, NASA has been dropping off their junk there for ever.
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:04 pm

roy  for sure terbo and i stand right be hind it
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum