Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders

Go down

Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders Empty Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders

Post by Ponee Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Supported by U.S. airstrikes, Kurdish forces carried out a two-pronged attack in part of an offensive launched on Wednesday and managed to open a corridor for people to escape.

By Mary Casey-Baker

Mary Casey-Baker is the editor of Foreign Policy’s Middle East Daily Brief, as well as the assistant director of public affairs at the Project on Middle East Political Science and assistant editor of The Monkey Cage blog for the Washington Post.

December 19, 2014

Kurdish Forces Break Sinjar Siege and U.S. Strikes Kill Islamic State Commanders 453607482

Kurdish forces in northern Iraq claim they have broken the Islamic State siege of Mount Sinjar, freeing hundreds of people, including many from Iraq’s Yazidi minority who have been trapped since the militant group overtook the area in August. Supported by U.S. airstrikes, Kurdish forces carried out a two-pronged attack in part of an offensive launched on Wednesday and managed to open a corridor for people to escape. With 8,000 Kurdish forces, this has been the biggest offensive against the Islamic State militants, according to Kurdish officials. On Thursday, U.S. Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, reported in recent weeks U.S. airstrikes killed three Islamic State military leaders including Abd al-Basit, a top figure in military operations in Iraq, and Haji Mutazz, a deputy to Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Dempsey said hitting these “high-value targets” is “disruptive” to the Islamic State’s “planning and command and control.”

http://foreignpolicy...ogin_redirect=0

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum