Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
IMF - not sure if already posted I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

IMF - not sure if already posted

2 posters

Go down

IMF - not sure if already posted Empty IMF - not sure if already posted

Post by NewtaRado Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:30 pm

A staff team from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) led by Carlo Sdralevich visited Amman, Jordan from December 2−7, 2014 to conduct discussions with Iraqi Minister of Finance Hoshyar Zebari, Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) Deputy Governor Zuhair Ali Akbair, and other officials from the ministries of finance and planning and the CBI to assess the country’s recent economic developments. Discussions focused in particular on the impact of the double shock of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) insurgencyand the decline in oil prices. At the conclusion of the visit Mr. Sdralevich issued the following statement:

“Iraq’s GDP is expected to contract by about 0.5 percent this year largely because of the economic effects of the ISIS insurgency. We estimate non-oil growth to have deteriorated since the start of the conflict due to the destruction of infrastructure, impeded access to fuel and electricity, low business confidence, and disruption in trade. In contrast, as most of the oil infrastructure is in the south of the country and beyond the reach of ISIS, and taking into account the output of Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG), oil production should reach 3.3 million barrel per day (mbpd) in 2014, up from 3.1 mbpd in 2013, with exports remaining at 2013 levels of 2.5 mbpd. Next year, growth is projected to rebound to about 2 percent as oil production and exports increase further, helped by the recent agreement between the central government and the KRG on oil exports from KRG and the Kirkuk oil fields. End-October year-on-year inflation was 0.9 percent outside the conflict-affected provinces.

“The central bank has maintained the peg with the U.S. dollar. The spread between the official and parallel exchange rates narrowed to 2.6 percent in September, thanks to steps taken by the CBI towards the liberalization of the foreign exchange market. Nevertheless, high imports, combined with declining oil revenues and lower government sales of foreign exchanges to the CBI to finance government spending, contributed to a decline in international reserves from over $77 billion at end-2013 to about $67 billion at end-November. The government also tapped the Development Fund for Iraq (DFI), the balances of which have now been transferred to the CBI; the DFI declined from $6.5 billion at end-2013 to about $4 billion in November.

“The government expressed its commitment to present a draft 2015 budget to parliament soon. Lack of parliamentary approval of the draft 2014 budget has triggered a fiscal rule that has partly limited spending this year. However, off-budget spending, particularly on security, has boosted the deficit, which will likely reach about 5 percent of GDP. The staff team discussed with the ministry of finance the challenges related to formulating the draft 2015 budget, which is intended to address the ongoing exceptional spending pressures and the strong decline in oil prices. As projected financing in 2015 will be limited, we expect the government deficit to decline to less than 2 percent of GDP.

“The IMF will continue to support Iraq through policy advice, technical assistance, and training. The 2015 Article IV consultation discussions with the authorities will take place in the coming months.

“The IMF mission would like to thank the Iraqi authorities for their cooperation and the open and productive discussions.”

IMF COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
Public Affairs   Media Relations
E-mail: publicaffairs@imf.org E-mail: media@imf.org
Fax: 202-623-6220 Phone: 202-623-7100

http://www.imf.org/external/np/sec/pr/2014/pr14560.htm

NewtaRado
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

IMF - not sure if already posted Empty Re: IMF - not sure if already posted

Post by Ponee Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Hey NewtaRado long time no see.  Nice to have you here.  Thanks for sharing this post !

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum