Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices

Go down

The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices Empty The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices

Post by Ponee Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:43 am

The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices Nutmeg

(NaturalNews) When we enter that time of year where it cools down and friends and families start gathering together to celebrate the holidays, one can't help but smile with anticipation of the sights and smells of various holiday spices. These aromatic and delicious additions to beverages, baking, and other holiday treats are irresistible.

The good news is there are many benefits to clean and fresh holiday spices, as long as you don't drown them in dairy, gluten, refined sugar, and hydrogenated fats.

Ginger
Ginger is a very popular ingredient in holiday fare and can be found in everything from cookies to beer. It is an especially important spice during the holidays and cool winter months due to its ability to aid digestion and warm the body.

Ginger is composed of several volatile oils that are powerful anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-parasitic agents. Ginger has plenty of other benefits, including improving digestive function and reducing gastrointestinal distress, reducing fever related to nausea, decreasing inflammation, and boosting the immune system

When using ginger for health benefits, use fresh root or grounds and think hot drinks and fresh vegetable dishes.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon is another loved spice that is used in many baked dishes and hot beverages. It is also a welcome addition to many types of fruits and can even be used for meat dishes.

The most powerful effect of cinnamon is in its ability to manage blood sugar levels. Richard Anderson, PhD, a scientist at the Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, who has conducted several studies on cinnamon and diabetes, theorizes that the spice mimics the action of insulin, the hormone that regulates blood sugar. Cinnamon may also help prevent and treat cholesterol problems, food poisoning, heart disease, insulin resistance, strokes, and ulcers.

Try using cinnamon in soups, smoothies, teas, oatmeal, and on apples and bananas.

Peppermint
That crisp and cooling effect of peppermint makes our taste buds dance in anticipation. It is mostly found in teas, chocolate, gum, and candy canes, but can be used in smoothies and baking as well.

Peppermint is very antimicrobial, antiviral, and high in antioxidants. It is primarily used for alleviating digestive disorders, but has also been proven effective to reduce pain, improve respiratory disorders, combat allergies, and even reduce tumors.

Use peppermint tea to improve digestion and help eliminate gas after large meals, and in hot baths to improve symptoms related to the respiratory system. If you like smoothies, check out the chocolate peppermint smoothie below!

Nutmeg
Nutmeg is one spice where a little goes a long way. Whether you use it in a soup, sauce, or put a dash in your oatmeal, be careful to not overuse it as it can cause palpitations, sweating, and hallucinations if too much is used.

However, when used appropriately, nutmeg has many benefits aside from its wonderful taste and aroma, including aiding in sleep, clearing up digestive problems, boosting your brain function, and increasing blood circulation. You can also use topically for muscular and joint pain, as well as skin issues like scars and acne.

Nutmeg is wonderful in many baked goods and can also be used in making a spiced tea.

Vanilla
Vanilla is one spice that has a variety of uses and is a staple in the baker's pantry to add all kinds of mellow tones to baked goods. The very scent can put people into a calming, happy, and sensual mood, almost immediately.

Vanilla contains over 200 phytonutrients, which are bioactive plant compounds that have healing properties for many conditions. Vanilla is commonly used for depression, nerve problems, loss of libido, inflammation, hyperactivity, and cancer.

Vanilla is great in hot and cool beverages, smoothies, baked goods, oatmeal, and granola.

For two recipes that can help you enjoy these spices in a delicious and healthy way, check out a holiday legend in this Healthy Eggnog Recipe, and for smoothies lovers, look into this Chocolate Peppermint Smoothie Recipe. Also check out Bullet Proof Your Immune System.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/047948_beneficial_herbs_immune_system_holidays.html#ixzz3LgeZ5ubo

The health benefits of 5 holiday herbs and spices

Thursday, December 11, 2014 by: Derek Henry
Tags: beneficial herbs, immune system, holidays

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum