Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms

2 posters

Go down

IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms Empty IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms

Post by Ponee Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:24 am

The 188 members of the International Monetary Fund over the weekend gave the U.S. Congress until the end of the year to pass reforms giving large emerging countries like Russia and China a greater say in the Bretton Woods Institution, after which the globalIMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms Icon1 financial body may make plans to reform the IMF without waiting for Washington.
A communique from the IMF’s financeIMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms Icon1 committee urged Congress to use the coming months to enact the reforms, which would also double the IMF’s permanent lending authority. Top IMF officials continued to say they expect the IMF reform legislation to pass this year because of growing support in Congress for modernizing the institution to reflect the evolving world economic pecking order.
Ads by Adblade

Nearly all the IMF’s other members have approved the reform legislation. But the U.S. is the IMF’s largest voting member and has blocked it from taking effect so far. The communique made clear that the IMF will not tolerate a delay of the reforms, first negotiated in 2010, for much longer.

“If the 2010 reforms are not ratified by year-end, we will call on the IMF to build on its existing work and develop options for next steps and we will schedule a discussion of these options,” said the communique, which was issued after the IMF’s annual meeting in WashingtonIMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms Icon1 concluded over the weekend. “We are committed to maintaining a strong and adequately resourced IMF.”

Some prominent internationalIMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms Icon1 experts and IMF sympathizers are urging the Fund to go on without the U.S., including C. Fred Bergsten and Edwin M. Truman of the D.C.-based Peterson Institute on International Economic. They say there are various ways the IMF can get around the U.S.’s veto-wielding power over most major activities and decisions which require a supermajority vote of 85 percent. Although the largest single shareholder, the U.S. holds only a 17 percent voting share.
IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde said last week the IMF is considering a “Plan B” for proceeding without the U.S., although she still hopes the U.S. Congress will act in time.

“It is entirely possible that the United States is going to ratify the 2010 reforms in the course of the year,” said Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Deputy Prime Minister of SingaporeIMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms Icon1, noting that he sees a consensus building in Congress for “a strong IMF in the face of what are very obvious challenges in the global economy and to the whole global order.”
The White House and most Democrats in Congress support the IMF reforms, but the bill has divided Republicans on Capitol Hill, where some conservatives have balked at giving the IMF more funding and powerIMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms Icon1. GOP leaders want major concessions from the White House in exchange for approving the reforms.

Mr. Shanmugaratnam warned that U.S. failure to ratify the reforms could undermine the IMF and the whole system of economic governance set up by the U.S. and its allies after World War II. China and some other big emerging countries have explored setting up a fundIMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms Icon1 that would compete with the IMF to provide aid for developing countries during economic emergencies.

“If for some reason … the 2010 reforms are not completed, then we are more likely over time to see disruptive change,” Mr. Shanmugaratnam said. “We are more likely over time to see a weakening of multilateralism, the emergence of regionalism, bilateralism and other ways of dealing with global problems, and that will not be a better world for all of us, for the U.S., for members of the IMF. It is really a world that will be less safe.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/14/imf-gives-us-congress-year-end-deadline-passing-re/#ixzz3IOtK68Z2
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms Empty Re: IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms

Post by Kevind53 Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Since as far as I can determine the IMF has no legal bite, and can not approve any sort of sanction without US approval, this would seem to be just so much bluster. Personally, I think is they want more say in the iMF, there should be more pay. Since the US pays the bulk of the IMF budget ....

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms 2805820865  IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms 2805820865  IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms 2805820865  IMF gives U.S. Congress year-end deadline for passing reforms 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum