Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation

Go down

CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation Empty CHINA: Yuan Gains for a Sixth Quarter as China Takes Measures to Stem Inflation

Post by ADMIN Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:01 am

China’s yuan rose for a sixth straight quarter on speculation inflation is accelerating, spurring speculation policy makers will allow more appreciation to stem price gains.

Inflation may reach 5.3 percent for the first half and 4.9 percent for the year, the China Securities Journal reported today, citing estimates by the State Information Center. Li Daokui, an adviser to the central bank, said yesterday price increases will be relatively high in June due to the rise in the cost of agricultural products and pork. The People’s Bank of China set the yuan’s reference rate 1.3 percent stronger this quarter.

“The yuan strengthened on the back of China’s efforts to fight inflation in the first half,” said Edmond Law, deputy head of foreign-exchange at BWC Capital Markets in Hong Kong. “A stronger currency allows the country to tame imported inflation as commodity and food prices have been high.”

The yuan strengthened 1.3 percent this quarter and was little changed today at 6.4640 per dollar as of the close at 4:30 p.m. in Shanghai, according to the China Foreign Exchange Trade System. The currency touched 6.4605 on June 23, the highest level since the country unified official and market exchange rates at the end of 1993.

The People’s Bank of China raised the reference rate to 6.4716 per dollar today. The yuan is allowed to move 0.5 percent either side of the fixing.

Offshore Market
Twelve-month non-deliverable forwards gained 0.55 percent this quarter and 0.13 percent today to 6.3834 per dollar at 4:36 p.m. in Hong Kong, a 1.3 percent premium to the spot rate, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. In Hong Kong’s offshore market, the yuan rose 1.3 percent this quarter to 6.4653.

The central bank may raise interest rates next month as inflation may accelerate to 6.5 percent in June, Li Huiyong and Meng Xiangjuan, analysts at Shenyin & Wanguo Securities Co., wrote in a research report today.

The People’s Bank of China has raised borrowing costs four times since September to curb price pressures. Premier Wen Jiabao said this week China can keep full-year inflation below 5 percent. Consumer prices rose 5.5 percent in May.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-30/yuan-gains-for-a-sixth-straight-quarter-as-china-seeks-to-stem-inflation.html

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

http://dinardaily@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum