Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days

Go down

Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days Empty Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days

Post by Ponee Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Why Workers Have Racked Up So Many Unused Vacation Days Tiredman-mslage

NEW YORK (MainStreet) — Three-quarters of Americans in a 1,300-person survey by the U.S. Travel Association said they were stressed out at work, and 25% said they were either "very" or "extremely" anxious in the workplace.

So you'd think Americans would be using their vacation days eagerly.
But think again. The U.S.T.A. says 40% of American workers don't plan to take all their vacation days this year — amounting to 429 million unused days.

And that's with workers really seeming to need some time away from the office. "Many workers leave their paid time off unused despite near-universal recognition of the importance and benefits of using PTO, from reducing stress to improving productivity when we return to work," the organization says.

When asked why they were so reluctant to take time off, workers were fairly clear on the topic. In addition to the 33% who said they don't take their days because they can't afford to travel:

• 40% cite a heavy workload awaiting their return as the top challenge in taking time off.
  • 35% won't use their time off because they believe "nobody else can do the work while I'm away" ...
  • ... and 22% didn't want others to see them as "replaceable."
  • 28% don't use all their time off because they want to show complete dedication to the company and their job.
  • 33% say they simply "cannot afford" to take PTO.

Management isn't helping much.

The survey reports employers are well aware workers are bypassing vacation days, but they don't seem to care. About 65% of workers surveyed say they hear "nothing, negative or mixed messages from their employers about using PTO," according to the U.S.T.A.

Cheryl Rosner, former president of Expedia and Hotels.com and now chief executive at Stayful, an online travel site specializing in boutique hotels, offers these tips on escaping the workplace with little or no downside:

• Take those days and use them for "creative play." "Experience unique local activities you never find time to do," Rosner says. "That allows some time away from the workplace at a reasonable price and offers you a chance to stay close to home but be away from work."
  • Take those days and save them for the most important people in your life. "Use them to stay home with family and save on day care," Rosner says.
  • Take a "give-back" vacation. Give-back vacations range from adventures such as exploratory trips at Wildland.com to altruistic travel experiences such as Wilderness Volunteers or Conservation Trips, Rosner says. "It helps to give back, and the world is helped when you go," she says.

The main point is: Don't worry about being missed or overburdened if you take some vacation days. You need them; your employer needs you to take some time off, and there's plenty of scientific data that backs up the notion that you need time off.

By Brian O'Connell for MainStreet

http://www.mainstreet.com/article/why-workers-have-racked-up-so-many-unused-vacation-days

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum