Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

I'm Tired of Praying for Iraq DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

I'm Tired of Praying for Iraq

Go down

I'm Tired of Praying for Iraq Empty I'm Tired of Praying for Iraq

Post by Troyboy on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:17 pm

I'm Tired of Praying for Iraq
By Seth Adam Smith

Since 2003, Americans have been encouraged to pray for Iraq. But after another display of barbarism by the Islamic State militants I realize I've grown tired of praying for Iraq.
Now is the time to act.

Do you realize that the Islamic State militants (also known as ISIS) is a terrorist army with an estimated 80,000 fighters? (30,000 in Iraq and 50,000 in Syria.) They were once closely affiliated with al-Qaeda but al-Qaeda has recently cut all ties with ISIS because it is too brutal.

'Brutal' is hardly the word for it. Savage, barbaric, and animalistic is a little bit more accurate.
Not only is ISIS responsible for the deaths of thousands upon thousands of innocent people (many of them religious and ethnic minorities), but they photograph and record these brutal murders and post them on social media.

To put it simply, what is happening to the Yazidis and other groups in Iraq is ethnic cleansing.
The Yazidi are a group of religious minorities that have been targeted by ISIS. Unable to defend themselves, the Yazidi fled to the safety of Mount Sinjar in northern Iraq. In an attempt to defend the Yazidi, President Obama ordered humanitarian airdrops to the Yazidi, and authorized a number of airstrikes against the Islamic State. The airstrikes allowed a number of Yazidi to escape the mountain, but thousands remain -- trapped on a mountain that is 130 degrees during the day, and sub-zero temperatures at night.

In spite of this, Pentagon spokesman Rear Admiral John Kirby said "The Yazidis who remain are in better condition than previously believed and continue to have access to the food and water that we have dropped."

But relatives of those still trapped on the mountain strongly disagree. On Monday, I had the chance to interview Lucy Usoyan, a Yazidi activist living in America. She described the situation in northern Iraq, shared a harrowing account of ISIS killing a pregnant, Yazidi woman, and tearfully asked for the U.S. to intervene and rescue her people.

In seeing all of this violence, I have grown tired of praying for Iraq. It's time for us to do something. I know that we are all war-weary, but please do not turn a blind eye to the brutal slaying of thousands. Continue to pray for Iraq, but then get up and do something about it. Share this story. Write about what's happening. Take action! Never underestimate the force of your own voice.
The Yazidi people are not comfortable -- it is America that is comfortable. We must respond with more humanitarian aid and we must rescue the thousands of Yazidi people still trapped on Mount Sinjar. Please watch my interview with Lucy and decide what you can do to help:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-adam-smith/im-tired-of-praying-for-i_b_5699011.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Troyboy
Troyboy
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I'm Tired of Praying for Iraq Empty Re: I'm Tired of Praying for Iraq

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:13 pm

People need to stand up for OUR NEEDS here at home !!
I too am tired of our sacrifices outside home ! Treasure, blood, sweat, tears,
Enough is enough !

Back to top Go down

Post by Billyg on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:39 pm

As Kevin's message quotes"pray without ceasing". It is hard and creates an internal battle in our hearts and souls. How far can you help and when do draw the line?
Billyg
Billyg
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:54 am

While Florida Guy has a point, to a degree at least, it illustrates how spoiled we are here. We were just having this discussion tonight. We were at a meeting with some people who have spent extensive time in the third world, in one case almost full time in Zimbabwe for years, and in the other a MD who has made over a dozen trips to Iraq to help provide medical care and training. Someone spoke of the need to take care of our starving and homeless here. It was pointed out that while this is true, our poor and starving homeless would be considered well off in many if not most third world countries.

I don't say I know what the wise, right, ethical, Godly, whatever you want to label it, answer is, but I know it is not to idly stand by and watch when we have the ability to help.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

I'm Tired of Praying for Iraq 2805820865  I'm Tired of Praying for Iraq 2805820865  I'm Tired of Praying for Iraq 2805820865  I'm Tired of Praying for Iraq 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:40 am

Some people have a calling to work in places like Iraq, Africa, etc.   Why?  I don't know, but do respect it.
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:27 am

Well the right , ethical thing that we America always do is always be the first to help during humanitarian crisis' .
But this notion of " if we don't , who will " in terms of getting involved in political and militarily in other nations affairs IMHO is just crazy .
Sure anyone who has insight into the power of the military brass knows that there isn't a conflict out there that they don't love , been that way since I was a kid during Vietnam .
And really our only hope for change is " we the people " to voice and not let our leaders continue involvements worldwide.

You see how other nations reluctantly don't want to be involved . Who's the dummy here : them or us ??

Do you know that Medicare is not paying doctors, medical supply companies because of the pinch we are in ?
Medical supply companies are closing shop everywhere each week.

Yet we continue to spend millions on air strikes daily taking out a few convoys and camels ?

Nuff is nuff !

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:32 pm

I hear what you are saying, but we can fight these rabid dogs there or here. Personally I would rather fight them over there ... that may not be reality, and I suspect sooner or later, they will manage to take some action here, but the more we can kill there, the better.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

I'm Tired of Praying for Iraq 2805820865  I'm Tired of Praying for Iraq 2805820865  I'm Tired of Praying for Iraq 2805820865  I'm Tired of Praying for Iraq 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:50 pm

no easy answers there Kevin, today I met with a lady who's doctor has ordered her Oxygen and Medicare is refusing to pay for it. These are the kind of things that worry me about our own government not helping our seniors and others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:23 pm

I deal with this stuff on a daily basis as I have dozens of clients on Medicare. If Medicare is refusing to cover oxygen or the equipment, then dollars to donuts, either it is coded or documented incorrectly. Oxygen Therapy is covered under Medicare part B. By far the most common Issue I see is when a provider bills Medicare for someone on a Medicare Advantage plan.

If it's not documented so as to show medical necessity, Medicare will reject automatically. That's the MD's responsibility to ensure the requirements are met.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:27 pm

You are correct Kevin in your analysis and this lady is not on Medicare advantage , just straight Medicare . I do know that the documentation requirements have become tougher and tougher to satisfy CMS and DME and doctors alike fighting audits regularly .
In some cases these folks are telling me they have to go thru several levels of appeals to get paid .
One Doctor said to me recently that CMS even wants a letter of approval from patients dead mothers included in the "required paperwork". Point being they are just being extra tight assed.
I just dont want our folks suffering here at home at the expense of helping foreign governments .

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:54 pm

Well I had a nice response typed up and lost it, so ... suffice to say the issues are first of all bureaucracy and it's close friend incompetency. Next, congressional raiding of the trust funds over the years, trust funds for Medicare and SS that should be there for the boomers retiring now. Perhaps the most ironic factor is the abortion of hundreds of thousands of babies. Babies that today would liekly be wage earners contribution to Medicare and SS. Of course that would have just allowed congress to raid more money and kick the can further down the road, but ...

I place the blame squarely on congress, from the 70's through the 90's especially, but up until today. The bill has come due, and they don't want to pay it.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:03 pm

Yep , Kevin you are right on !

We need everyone out there encouraging everyone you know especially people on Medicare and SS to call / write their congressmen / women and senators and put a lot of pressure on them to take better notice and care of our people at home .

Doing nothing is not an option --- otherwise just kick them out !!

Democrats and Republicans alike !

Back to top Go down

Post by BritishBulldog on Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:15 pm

Let's make sure we're 100% here before we worry about countries half way across the world. Oh wait...our government only cares about the oil money out there. Ok...let's "prey" for a part of the world that has always been...and will always be at war with in itself. Honestly...i think people need to wake up and realize that most of the world isn't always a pretty happy place...and if you spend all your time preying for this person...and nd that group of people and this disaster relief...you run if time to actually do something about the issues. And honestly I think the best thing to to do is either let them keep killing each other...or go in there and just completely take over the place.
BritishBulldog
BritishBulldog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Billyg on Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:34 pm

BB,You are right. I do pray for the whole situation. But, Everyone needs to remember that they where fighting when Jesus was walking around. They will still be fighting LONG after You and I are long dead and forgotten. Even though I am not happy with our government, I know we still are better off than most. And your last sentence,I have felt it,shared it,but never put it in writing.
Billyg
Billyg
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:04 am

Personally I am tired of hearing it's all about the oil. I can't speak for the other side of the pond, but we get a pittance of oil from Iraq. The vast majority of the oil consumed here in the us is produced domestically, or imported from Canada and Mexico, mostly Canada. I forget the exact numbers, but less that 1/4 of our oil comes from OPEC in general, and Iraq alone is WAY down on the list.

Do we need to take care of business at home? Absolutely. Can we afford to become isolationists again? Well, the last time we tried that, we came dangerously close to speaking German along with the rest of the world. Unless you are a careful student of history, you probably don't realize just how close we came to losing all of Europe and Russia to Germany, not to mention the Pacific to Japan. IF that had happened, we would have been in a very bad way.

Personally, I would rather fight IS now with the help of ... well friends might be too strong a word, so lets just say other mutually interested parties, over there, than to have to fight them here after they have consolidated their interests and become stronger.

I am being reminded of another president confronted with Muslim extremists in his day. When confronted with seizure of Americans and American shipping in the name of jihad by the Islamic Barberry States in his first term as president, President Jefferson wrote to James Madison: "The motives pleading for war rather than tribute are numerous and honorable; those opposing them mean and short-sighted" Not an exact comparison perhaps, but close.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:53 am

I understand people not wanting to get involved with the Muslim vs Muslim fighting.  But from that I understand, ISIS is wanting to take over everything and everyone who does not believe in their radical form of Islam. 

The other day I found a flea.  Just one on my foot....no sign of them on any of the animals.  I've heard horror stories about how bad they can be if left unchecked.  So I treated carpet and animals.  No sign of fleas since and I plan on treating carpet again in a couple weeks because I will not allow them to invade my house.  Same thing needs to be to ISIS.  Snuff them out now before it gets any worse.  We sure don't want them here in our "house".   If they're somewhat contained in Iraq and Syria....well, that's where to start.  And stomp them out if they show up anywhere else.  Hopefully we have allies/friends who will join the fight.  But, in my opinion, they are dangerous and need to be dealt with NOW!
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:05 am

This is not just Muslim on Muslim now ... They have attacked Yazidis, Christians and others. They have openly declared jihad (war) against any who is not a Sunni Muslim meeting their strict standards. These clowns make Osama look like a boy scout, and they have threatened the USA more than once. They have done so verbally, and with pictures. (That I am aware of a picture of the White House with a IS flag in front, and pictures of a historic landmark in Chicago, with a hand holding up a note from them in Arabic. Fakes? Maybe, I don't have any way to evaluate that, but they were posted on official IS web sites, so fake or not, they can only be considered threats. They are also known to have been negotiating with Mexican drug cartels. The subject matter is not known, at least not publicly, but I think we can assume they were not looking for a couple of joints.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Billyg on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Yea, Good reminder Kevin. Grand Parents and Great Grand Parents where fortunate enough to make it to the USA from Germany. Still, will be hard to fix. And my Father was stuck on an island during WW2 and forgotten along with others for 2 long. It is always better to try to defend in their country instead of letting our families see what it is really like. Do not have the answer.
Billyg
Billyg
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BritishBulldog on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:32 pm

@Kevind53 wrote:This is not just Muslim on Muslim now ... They have attacked Yazidis, Christians and others. They have openly declared jihad (war) against any who is not a Sunni Muslim meeting their strict standards. These clowns make Osama look like a boy scout, and they have threatened the USA more than once. They have done so verbally, and with pictures. (That I am aware of a picture of the White House with a IS flag in front, and pictures of a historic landmark in Chicago, with a hand holding up a note from them in Arabic. Fakes? Maybe, I don't have any way to evaluate that, but they were posted on official IS web sites, so fake or not, they can only be considered threats. They are also known to have been negotiating with Mexican drug cartels. The subject matter is not known, at least not publicly, but I think we can assume they were not looking for a couple of joints.

I don't see why people want to negotiate with the crazy bastards. All they understand is the warm end of a gun. Sad as it is...but negotiations are pointless. We have vastly superior forces than. They do....so let's flex our muscles and make an example of these idiots and let's hold up some notes around their camps that are now hanging out with Allah....words to the effect of "This was us on 6 or 7...keep going and we will turn it up to 11" and if they choose to test that...then we should be more than willing to ablidge.
BritishBulldog
BritishBulldog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Billyg on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:36 pm

They tell me the sand over there is not even good to make glass with. If you get my drift.
Billyg
Billyg
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BritishBulldog on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:37 pm

@billyg wrote:They tell me the sand over there is not even good to make glass with. If you get my drift.
Haha...i like it. But it's worth a try if they want to test us.
BritishBulldog
BritishBulldog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum