Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate

4 posters

Go down

Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate Empty Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate

Post by Ponee Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate

An Iraq War veteran was allegedly denied entrance to Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey because of his shirt that he claims supports Marines.

Mario Alejandro says he received a shirt as a gift from his children that reads, “Keep Calm and Return Fire” and features a drawing of an M-26 assault rifle colored in the stars and stripes. Alejandro was reportedly wearing the shirt when he tried to enter the popular theme park, but when park workers saw his shirt, they told him he couldn’t come in.

“I was walking in through the gate with my wife and kids, who were in front of me, when a security guard grabbed me and said, 'I can't let you into the park with that shirt on. That shirt's offensive,'" said Alejandro. “I said that it's not offensive, it's a military shirt. I told him that I am an Iraq veteran… I served in the war. But he said, 'I don't care, you have to take that off… or you need to buy another shirt to put over it.’”

The stubborn security guard called in his supervisor who, to Alejandro’s surprise, agreed with the decision to block his entrance to the park, which ultimately forced him to leave and upsetted his young son.

Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate 15619491-mmmain
"My wife and my son were crying, because they didn't understand why this was happening," he said. "I just told my son to remember this day. To remember how they treat veterans."
Alejandro says his children got the shirt, along with other similarly themed shirts, for him as a gift from Marine Reconnaissance Foundation, which raises money for Marines and their families.

“I thought it was great, I loved it. The shirts fit my personality perfectly. They’re military and they’re patriotic. That’s my thing,” Alejandro said. “I wore them to all over the place, to my kids’ baseball games – everywhere. And I got nothing but compliments about how great they were. No one ever said they were offensive, because it’s obvious that they’re in support of the military and the United States.”

A spokeswoman for Six Flags Great Adventure told NJ.com in a statement that they were reviewing the incident.

"Our goal is to maintain a fun, safe and family-friendly environment. Our dress code does not permit clothing with vulgar, offensive or violent language or images," wrote Kristin B. Siebeneicher in the emailed statement. "If a guest is wearing such attire, we ask them to remove and replace it with another item of clothing; and if they do not have one, they are able to purchase a replacement item at a gift shop."

Meanwhile, since the story made news, the Marine Reconnaissance Foundation has decided to make another run of the limited edition shirt that got Alejandro blocked from the park.
Sources: NY Daily News, NJ.com

- See more at: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/veteran-blocked-entering-nj-six-flags-park-because-shirt-they-deemed-inappropriate#sthash.DQ7P4UI3.dpuf

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate Empty Re: Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate

Post by Ponee Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:39 pm

What are your thoughts? 

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate Empty Re: Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate

Post by Billyg Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Reality comes home. It is those that served that have to live with this reality. It is unfortunate a lot of Americans will try to block the truth from being known. Right place,right time, not up to me to decide. I personally would have thanked him for serving. To live with feeling of the things that had to be done in our pasts, often it must be shared to cope with.
Billyg
Billyg
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by littlesam Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Personally, I feel the United States has gone to far in controlling what people wear, how they think and how they believe. This was six flags for grips sake. And I'm sure his son will remember this day as clear as a bell and will have to wonder all his life why daddy wasn't allowed to get into a place where he could share his time with his dad all because of what was on his shirt. He should of been thanked over and over for his service to our country not whats on his shirt.
littlesam
littlesam
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Billyg Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Yep!
Billyg
Billyg
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:53 pm

It makes me glad I did not patronize 6 Flags. I think it will be a long time before I do. Talk about political correctness run amuck!

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate 2805820865  Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate 2805820865  Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate 2805820865  Veteran Blocked From Entering N.J. Six Flags Park Because Of Shirt They Deemed Inappropriate 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:26 pm

But you can probably walk around with a T shirt that has a giant hand giving the finger or a woman with her boobs hanging out, or a T shirt that uses the F word...

Ya, uh huh ... political correctness... there ya go.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Billyg Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:28 pm

At 6 flags in front of the children. Does make you go HUH.
Billyg
Billyg
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by littlesam Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:32 pm

Exactly Ponee... go figure.
littlesam
littlesam
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Billyg Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:44 pm

Thought about this on the early news with the protest in the streets over the shooting by the police......Woman walking away from the tear gas with a shirt that had printed on it clearly " Fu_ _ Prince Charming,give me money". But let's kick the vet out for his shirt. So there it is Ponee, political correctness at its best. Gess,burns my butt.
Billyg
Billyg
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by littlesam Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:32 pm

billyg wrote:Thought about this on the early news with the protest in the streets over the shooting by the police......Woman walking away from the tear gas with a shirt that had printed on it clearly " Fu_ _ Prince Charming,give me money". But let's kick the vet out for his shirt. So there it is Ponee, political correctness at 

Last edited by littlesam on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dint need it to be seen... wasnt a very nice reply.)
littlesam
littlesam
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Billyg Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:45 pm

I am very concerned about the police and what they have to face and what they risk just for being there trying to do there job. I am sorry if what I wrote came out any other way. And the shirt remark was truly in response to my feelings of what they did to the Vet and his son. It also was to show Ponee that she was correct in what she said about political correctness and people wearing such shirts with the F bomb in public in front of all to see and read including our children.
Billyg
Billyg
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:53 pm

2cents   I agree with some It's inappropriate for this kind of setting and just cause you served does NOT give you the right to taunt your political/cultural/social motivation on others especially kids !

I'm kind of getting tired of always "thanking veterans". You enlisted , it was your DECISION, it was your JOB !!

Years back I used to compliment corporate staff people to their bosses and almost always they would reply with " That's his/her job, you don't get medals for doing your job". 

This nation always seems to love going to the opposite pole of things. During Vietnam our veterans returned and everyone gave them a cold shoulder. NOW whenever Veterans return they are too often spoiled with "hero labels" and standing ovations. 

I'm sure I'm sounding unpatriotic and I'm not. 

I'm actually disgusted with our leaders and their wanting to get involved with other nations affairs and spilling our young brave women & men's blood for their own agendas and I repeat : You made the ultimate decision to over there and fight. Therefore it's YOUR JOB. Sorry, in my book you don't get medals for just doing your job and in this ignorant guys case flaunting this crap in front of kids especially is inappropriate.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum